The time is now, for the decline of the UFC?

Robby88

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
More and more weird stuff happening in the UFC, the way Jones get's treated, stupid instant rematches, Dana being a hypocrit, fake hypes, Cro cop, CM Punk etc..

Maybe it's fair to say it's always been there, but i think it's getting a lot worse/prominent. Will these choices result in lower PPV's buys? I think it will.

UFC is becoming a circus. Can't say it's a surprise though when the president is a clown.

Your thread is boring. One of their PPVs just did 750k+.

The internet will lead to less PPV buys.

Dunno about the UFC but dumb threads are sure on the increase

The way Jones was treated? He was fined was he not? He didn't break any commission rules, so I don't know what else you can say about that. Every other fighter failed post fight tests. Hell, even Melvin got busted for coke post fight was given another fight in the UFC.

Cro Cop, CM Punk, they will bring in veiwers, so that is actually the opposite of their downfall.

We've seen UFC going under for 6 or 7 years now, eventually someone will be right eh?

"The way Jones is treated"

He was fined, and broke no other rules. So really - fans want him to be treated harsher than any other fighter would be. They want the UFC to do something *special* and treat him differently. That makes sense.

LOL @ how often things like this pop up.

They just did 400K in December, 750-820K in January and then record high FS1 numbers. They've done pretty well in the last 30 days. But oh man, they signed Cro Cop...

LOL @ how often things like this pop up.

They just did 400K in December, 750-820K in January and then record high FS1 numbers. They've done pretty well in the last 30 days. But oh man, they signed Cro Cop...

And CM Punk. And resigned Rampage. It's over.

I think the ufc will pick up a bit this year. They have experimented with more events that were watered down and that failed. They have identified that fault and have corrected it (so far) this year. PPV, FOX and even Fight Night cards are way more stacked so far than previous couple years.

The new signings of Rampage and Cro Cop are... ok with me. More so with Rampage but give either one favourable matchups and i will definitely tune in. Everyone will. CM Punk is the weird one. Dont know what to think of it until i see him fight.

Regardless of the UFC's growth, popularity or decline, i will always tune into every card and so will many others. The UFC is a sustainable business because of that.

Dana being a hypocrite shouldn't be news to anyone and not a sign of change.

More and more weird stuff happening in the UFC, the way Jones get's treated, stupid instant rematches, Dana being a hypocrit, fake hypes, Cro cop, CM Punk etc..

Maybe it's fair to say it's always been there, but i think it's getting a lot worse/prominent. Will these choices result in lower PPV's buys? I think it will.

Your wrong, it's all a sign UFC is becoming just as big as ever other major sport organization. Controversies always follow money and high stakes.

Everyone has already said it! Of boxing can survive with all the crazy corruption that was so rampant, than the minor indiscretions of uncle Dana will not sink the ship. People are forgiving as long as they are entertained. Otherwise we would never watch NFL, college football, baseball, or any other pro sport.

What a tediously dimwitted thread. That's my two cents.

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

Yellow belt, cool.

Why don't sherdoggers come out and just say what they really think, that they want the UFC to fail ?

Wow, a UFC whine thread. Enjoy your Bellator "non-circus" events.

1.3/10

Back