The Time Is Now For A Proper Cthulhu Movie.

IFightInVegas

The Bourbonator
Platinum Member
Reaction score
With Kaijus on the brain thinking about Pacific Rim last year, Godzilla this year, and a sequel on the way to Godzilla, I think now is the time for Cthulhu on the big screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

The problem with the recent Kaiju movies, is none of them are fucking terrifying. This would have the ability to do that.. Not only is Cthulhu huge he is insanely powerful.

Plus depending on the movie, they could take liberty with his size and powers.

The time is now! Bring Cthulhu To The Big Screen!!!

Cthulhu1.jpg

Kraken-cthulhu.jpg

cthulhu_rising_by_spenzer777-d32jscx.jpg

77607.jpg

Cthulu and Kaiju should never been mentioned together-vastly different beings.

You can't fight Cthulu, they are stories of suspense and terror. There is no happy ending.

I'm down with a cthulu movie though....as long as it's a strong R rating and doesn't try to appeal to teenagers. Oh yeah, no Hollywood A listers please.

*edit* on second thought........TS just stick to Godzilla for your monster fix.

Cthulhu vs Godzilla

Guest Starring the Megazords from Power Rangers

You can't fight Cthulu, they are stories of suspense and terror. There is no happy ending.

I'm down with a cthulu movie though....as long as it's a strong R rating and doesn't try to appeal to teenagers.

this... This is exactly what I want

Del Toro has been trying to get At the Mountains of Madness made for a while now...

I would love to see it. He would have to be bigger than even Godzilla to truly capture the terror that Cthulu is supposed to be capable of. Like visible from outer space big....

I would settle for a GDT At the Mountains of Madness, too.

I have never really known what chulu is. In fact I used to think it was the same thing as goatse. Definitely wouldn't be interested in a movie.

Cthulu and Kaiju should never been mentioned together-vastly different beings.

I'm down with a cthulu movie though....as long as it's a strong R rating and doesn't try to appeal to teenagers. Oh yeah, no Hollywood A listers please.

*edit* on second thought........TS just stick to Godzilla for your monster fix.

Cthulu's a giant can. He's the Brock Lesnar of monsters.:icon_twis

Del Toro would be one of the few guys I'd trust with it

It would be studio suicide for whichever one decided to green light it. It would be completely misunderstood if it was done in honor of the stories or it would be a Hollywood mess if they deviated.

Funny to think back when Cloverfield was doing it's viral marketing people were sure it was Cthulu.

just wikied HP and both his parents died in the same asylum.

I have read call of Cthulu and Mountain of Madness and enjoyed both but they would be hard sells for a motion picture.

Scott's Alien and Prometheus are probably as close as we will get.

There was a fun black and white, low budget short on Netflix I watched a while ago that did a pretty good job but I don't recall the title.

The general public wouldn't even be able to pronounce "Kathooloo" lol

I can't see any studio with a big budget greenlight anything I would like.

People should check out the Black & White silent movie from 2005, though. It's surprisingly cool. Watch it in a dark room with some snacks.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ1NzM5MzI0.html

Couldn't find a link to a better video site, sorry.

Back