the "this guy with X months of training" Sherdog meme

Incorrect.

I'm not discrediting JDS, I told you he was elite and a legit UFC champion. He simply never proved to be the #1 HW in the world though, unless of course you think Brock Lesnar was really the best HW back when Werdum defeated Fedor. Do you believe that?

So JDS isn't really a good exmple.
The only reason to bring that up is to discredit him. And we weren't talking about lineal belts, but UFC champ. Stop dodging the subject.

Not much point in bothering with someone who I assume doesn't follow non-MMA sports much anyway, as you've ducked that question a number of times now. You're just ignorant regardless. Especially about the NFL.

GGG would knock heads around in MMA, and is probably a decent wrestler already.

The only reason to bring that up is to discredit him. And we weren't talking about lineal belts, but UFC champ. Stop dodging the subject.

Not much point in bothering with someone who I assume doesn't follow non-MMA sports much anyway, as you've ducked that question a number of times now. You're just ignorant regardless. Especially about the NFL.

The UFC didn't have the best HW's until it merged with SF, that's why the JDS point is moot.

Also the UFC sometimes awards title shots based on hype not skill. A former NFL player with a name would most likely get an easy path to the title.

Back