The thing you liked most about Kabob

His skills as a fighter.

Sounds a bit contradicting. There's no grey area, but there is? People could shout about how khabib is doing MMA and that's haram. But most muslims don't do that. Khabib doing mma does more good than bad. One can argue. A) he brings more eyes on the faith B) him and his father, mostly his father has been able to lift people out of poverty due to MMA. C) giving young frustrated adolescents boys an outlet to calm their frusturation and learn discipline through martial arts.

Abdulmanap is a G man. He's a legend. My favorite nurmagomedov. Khabib second. lol.

On certain issues there is room for discussion for example music is generally seen as haram but there is counter evidence to that although the majority consensus is it's haram = example of grey area.

A lot of Muslims say MMA is haram, Hijab spoke about it with Firas in fact in one of their videos.

The end never justifies the means in Islam no matter how good the outcome of committing that origional sin.

RIP Abdulmanap.

I get the preservation of culture but I'm not sure everyone is just as religious as him in dagestan especially in the city. Imagine in america some religious christian outspoken mma fighter was outspoken about certain domestic politics, it would rub some people the wrong way. Other Christians would be like you don't speak for me as a Christian. Etc.

Funny thing is golden Age of Islam wasn't conservative like mainstream sunni islam is nowadays. The islamic world was prospering because they did integrate non islamic philosophies,art,music and other things considered Haram nowadays. It is hilarious to me how people let scholars that get their education from Muslim Brotherhood or Saudi Shills tell them what is right from wrong.
Only reason Saudis have so much influence anyway is cause they sold themselves off to the Brits to get independence from the Turks and money talks.
There is literally no difference between ultra conservatives in the west and conservative muslim except the religion maybe. These views actually hold everyone back, also preservation of culture is ridiculous when talking about Islam, how many cultures have vanished cause of conquering and forceful converting of people.
Islam is the youngest monotheistic religion and replaced Culture everywhere it went, just look at Egypt as the perfect example.

His fights and for betting perspective he was pretty reliable. Didn't take many dumb mistakes but somehow his fights are always entertaining.

I attended one of his seminars. The whole time he trained us he was straight faced and militant. You were scared to not do things right hahaha. After training was strength and conditioniing,which he says he does after every training,to push himself,and he started to laugh at our suffering.

"cmon guys i do this 5 x more times than this every day!"

When it was all over,his funny side came out,and he just answered questions for an hour.

He just had something,the it factor,where you wanted to be around him,and his approval meant something.

Eagle Shoryuken
JwF70jB.gif

dc0zru1-7652aecb-68b9-4f24-b13d-3326a9f8d566.gif
Just noticed Danis whiffed on that right.
Makes sense now on Ortega’s story he saw Danis at a club later that night... & Danis shared he had a concussion from the post fight brawl.

This guy I quoted... smart cat & I pretty much like most of the time what he has to say.

Last edited:
His fighting style and the willingness to fight the most deserving opponents (instead of what makes you the most money).

On certain issues there is room for discussion for example music is generally seen as haram but there is counter evidence to that although the majority consensus is it's haram = example of grey area.

A lot of Muslims say MMA is haram, Hijab spoke about it with Firas in fact in one of their videos.

The end never justifies the means in Islam no matter how good the outcome of committing that origional sin.

RIP Abdulmanap.
Firas on his recent Podcast about UFC 254 flat out says MMA is haram. I was surprised he said that. But he doesn't pretend otherwise.

On his podcast with hijab, I don't recall him saying that. I recall him saying, we have to do martial arts because we have to see what works in real combat. Better two trained professionals than civilians but on the podcast he did about khabib vs gaethje, he said its haram.

I attended one of his seminars. The whole time he trained us he was straight faced and militant. You were scared to not do things right hahaha. After training was strength and conditioniing,which he says he does after every training,to push himself,and he started to laugh at our suffering.

"cmon guys i do this 5 x more times than this every day!"

When it was all over,his funny side came out,and he just answered questions for an hour.

He just had something,the it factor,where you wanted to be around him,and his approval meant something.
You meant Khabib? or are you talking about abdulmanap? Man, anyway that's awesome. How'd you get to meet them?

Pretty much the title.

He's a pretty good dude that has his head on straight. Seems to have his loyalties in order and operates on a good moral code.

Having been there through the TUF crowd, Bork's rasslin fans, Honda's girl power fans....they were tolerable. Some even likeable.

I fucking hated the McNuggets era. He brought out the worse of the worse. I made a Shogun thread, who deserves all the respect in the world as a fighter and legend, and so many of the responses were laughable ("How is this thread about Conor", "This isn't about Conor, therefore, it's irrelevant") and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

After Kabob strangled him, it was just a sense of "it's over". I had never seen 1 fighter take so much from the other. There were 2 outcomes: 1) the Conor era was completely over 2) It would limp on and never be the same.

For that and being a class act, which is tough to do in a sport full of bravado, gotta give hats off to the guy and those are my favorite things about him.

What were your fav elements of a now retired Nurm?
He was an intensely rigid fascist with anti gay and anti woman ideologies. I didn't like him at all.

You meant Khabib? or are you talking about abdulmanap? Man, anyway that's awesome. How'd you get to meet them?
Khabib. I'll talk about it later when I got time.

Khabib. I'll talk about it later when I got time.
man, you met khabib and you never shared this story?

<TheWire1>

Bruh. Please do tell when you have the time.

man, you met khabib and you never shared this story?

<TheWire1>

Bruh. Please do tell when you have the time.
So Ive been a Khabib fan since the Tibau fight,and have been training in martial arts since 2012,including a bit of combat sambo. In 2015 Khabib was going to do a Seminar in Brighton Beach,a big russian area,and I absolutley knew i had to go down there and attend it. So I went and he showed us some of his techniques,including setting up that uppercut he koed Tavares with. There was this wrestling footwork game that he made us play,that I had never heard of before,but most of the russian attendees already seemed to know. You put your arms behind your back and try to step on each others feet to score a point. I didnt understand it at first,so Khabib played against me,and destroyed me at that game. "I win! See??" After that he put us through the strength and conditioning drills he does after each training,and it really started to wear on us. You could hear the groaning of many of us,but no one wanted to get caught napping while Khabib was around,so we kept trying. He was def amused by our efforts. After that he just hung out and answered questions in a casual laid back atmosphere. Very funny guy. I told him he'd be the champion,and while it took 3 more years,im glad that it happened.
So yeah... its a bit extra,my fanboyness for wanting to see him succeed after all the injuries etc.

The subject of Fedor came up,people asked him if they were friends

"Yes,I know him. I have his number. Want me to call him?? hahah"

So Ive been a Khabib fan since the Tibau fight,and have been training in martial arts since 2012,including a bit of combat sambo. In 2015 Khabib was going to do a Seminar in Brighton Beach,a big russian area,and I absolutley knew i had to go down there and attend it. So I went and he showed us some of his techniques,including setting up that uppercut he koed Tavares with. There was this wrestling footwork game that he made us play,that I had never heard of before,but most of the russian attendees already seemed to know. You put your arms behind your back and try to step on each others feet to score a point. I didnt understand it at first,so Khabib played against me,and destroyed me at that game. "I win! See??" After that he put us through the strength and conditioning drills he does after each training,and it really started to wear on us. You could hear the groaning of many of us,but no one wanted to get caught napping while Khabib was around,so we kept trying. He was def amused by our efforts. After that he just hung out and answered questions in a casual laid back atmosphere. Very funny guy. I told him he'd be the champion,and while it took 3 more years,im glad that it happened.
So yeah... its a bit extra,my fanboyness for wanting to see him succeed after all the injuries etc.

He gave a seminar in moscow in 2017 just after he had that back surgery. It was packed.
Khabib definitely made those kids work. He would be a great coach.

Reactions: HHJ
He gave a seminar in moscow in 2017 just after he had that back surgery. It was packed.
Khabib definitely made those kids work. He would be a great coach.
Hes a born leader.

Well, Its nothing I really hate about him. Just some stuff culturally there's some disagreements. Like when an arabian woman asked him about getting involved in MMA. He said women should stay home. His dad, abdulmanap also said the same thing. I understand where they are coming from. Women are very important for the family and anchors of the household espcially in that part of the region, so I get it. He's conservative muslim. Which I can appreciate but those types also do want to impose their way of living on to others, but hate when people impose it on them. Am I saying, Khabib is asking for sharia? Of course not. I'm not even talking about just muslims. Christians here in America do it here too. I'm just talking about those religious types.

He was vocal about rap concerts in dagestan, vocal about a play that showed a woman in lingerie. Again, not my culture but seeing there's objection from people in dagestan when he's brought up this stuff seem to suggest theres a lot more people that are less strict in dagestan that are open to rap and whatever.

The politic sutff doesn't bother me. Athletes are not politicians. Him rubbing shoulders with dictators, don't bother me. He hangs out with saudis, no one cares. Why because they're allies of america, but if he hangs out with someone that's an enemy of the west, suddenly there's an issue. Politics is grey so I don't care to entertain those

There's a woman right now that in the UFC that's in the ufc all because of khabib. Khabib and his father is responsible for expansion of MMA in the caucaus area. So even if he feels women should not be fighters, they still benefit greatly from his influence in mma.
interesting before I typed this this morning, I didn't know khabib was going to write a post about the french prime ministero_O

Back