The thing you liked most about Kabob

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Pretty much the title.

He's a pretty good dude that has his head on straight. Seems to have his loyalties in order and operates on a good moral code.

Having been there through the TUF crowd, Bork's rasslin fans, Honda's girl power fans....they were tolerable. Some even likeable.

I fucking hated the McNuggets era. He brought out the worse of the worse. I made a Shogun thread, who deserves all the respect in the world as a fighter and legend, and so many of the responses were laughable ("How is this thread about Conor", "This isn't about Conor, therefore, it's irrelevant") and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

After Kabob strangled him, it was just a sense of "it's over". I had never seen 1 fighter take so much from the other. There were 2 outcomes: 1) the Conor era was completely over 2) It would limp on and never be the same.

For that and being a class act, which is tough to do in a sport full of bravado, gotta give hats off to the guy and those are my favorite things about him.

What were your fav elements of a now retired Nurm?

I think he's a funny dude. I appreciate his intellect. He really understands his place as a celebrity now. There are some things I don't like about him, but no ones perfect.

A lot of people think he's some barbarian mountain dweller man, but he comes across very smart in his interviews. His dad was a scholar, so I can see where he got his smarts from. I really like listening to smart athletes.

His dad was always great to listen to. I would always look for translation of his videos to learn more from the perspective of abdulmanap. Even tried learning russian just so I can watch abdulmanap talk, but fuck it was not easy. I know speak multiple languages and russian for me is hard to learn lol

Last edited:
Pretty much the title.

He's a pretty good dude that has his head on straight. Seems to have his loyalties in order and operates on a good moral code.

Having been there through the TUF crowd, Bork's rasslin fans, Honda's girl power fans....they were tolerable. Some even likeable.

I fucking hated the McNuggets era. He brought out the worse of the worse. I made a Shogun thread, who deserves all the respect in the world as a fighter and legend, and so many of the responses were laughable ("How is this thread about Conor", "This isn't about Conor, therefore, it's irrelevant") and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

After Kabob strangled him, it was just a sense of "it's over". I had never seen 1 fighter take so much from the other. There were 2 outcomes: 1) the Conor era was completely over 2) It would limp on and never be the same.

For that and being a class act, which is tough to do in a sport full of bravado, gotta give hats off to the guy and those are my favorite things about him.

What were your fav elements of a now retired Nurm?
I respect his dominance but other than that nothing. Look at you, you are no different than a fat teenager fangirling over boy bands.”Hey girls, which part of Harry Styles’ face do you like the most?”

I liked his fighting and the fact he was undefeated.

Also like the fact that he was really awkward especially with women

I think he's a funny dude. I appreciate his intellect. He really understands his place as a celebrity now. There are some things I don't like about him, but no ones perfect.

A lot of people think he's some barbarian mountain dweller man, but he comes across very smart in his interviews. His dad was a scholar, so I can see where he got his smarts from. I really like listening to smart athletes.
appreciate you being honest

What things don't you like about him?

The fact he’s gone so McGregor can make the division Great again.

4 top 5 wins and 15 grey name victories, really big legacy having your biggest win be the guy your “fans” say is a nobody (who was on coke and coming off a boxing match when he Gave your boy his first lost round, I might add)....

He could easily beat up people and disfigure them but shows them mercy with the submission. Michael Johnson, Gaethje come to mind.

His style was incredibly entertaining, man. His technique, in all facets, was quite mesmerizing. From his chain-wrestling, to his clinch fighting, his takedowns (throws), his grappling holds, to his position advancement and grappling transitions. . . It was all quite an incredible display of his unparalleled skill-level as it pertains to ground fighting martial arts. His "ground and pound" was so relentless and tenacious, and involved remarkable activity.

I think he crushes anyone remaining in the division, including Tony Ferguson, but I would absolutely sign up to watch despite the inevitable result. His mastery of the various ground fighting combat sports is thus far unparalleled in the sport, and a pleasure to watch. If his style bothers you, you really need to transition to kickboxing.

Last edited:

4 top 5 wins and 15 grey name victories, really big legacy having your biggest win be the guy your “fans” say is a nobody (who was on coke and coming off a boxing match when he Gave your boy his first lost round, I might add)....
Love McGregor but I don’t think he’ll ever fight like he used to. He’ll have maybe three or four mega fights and I see him retiring. I really hope its, Poirier, Ferguson, Gaethje and Masvidal.

If Conor said he didn't punch the old man in the pub would you have believed him vs articles citing he did but with no video or photographic evidence?

I respect his dominance but other than that nothing. Look at you, you are no different than a fat teenager fangirling over boy bands.”Hey girls, which part of Harry Styles’ face do you like the most?”

Wondered how many posts it would be until someone came in trying to be a wet blanket for no reason. Not surprised at all that it's from an account that isn't even a month old yet either.

Reactions: HHJ
Back