The thing about Conor and Khabib....

Scheme

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In 50 years we will be telling our grandchildren: "Yes I was watching when the great Conor knocked out Aldo" or "Yes, I was there when Conor became 2x world champion".

Then my youngest grandchild will ask: "But didn't he lose to some Russian guy"?
And I will tell him "Everyone loses son".

Conor is a legend. His meteoric rise to the top was orgasmic at times. He had everything, precision, power, aggression, beauty, grace.
Khabib will be long forgotten in the footnotes of history. There will be hundreds of new GOATs and his name will slip lower and lower down the the rankings until he is ultimately forgotten.

Conor won.

giphy.gif

In 50 years we will be telling our grandchildren: "Yes I was watching when the great Conor knocked out Aldo" or "Yes, I was there when Conor became 2x world champion".

Then my youngest grandchild will ask: "But didn't he lose to some Russian guy"?
And I will tell him "Everyone loses son".

Conor is a legend. His meteoric rise to the top was orgasmic at times. He had everything, precision, power, aggression, beauty, grace.
Khabib will be long forgotten in the footnotes of history. There will be hundreds of new GOATs and his name will slip lower and lower down the the rankings until he is ultimately forgotten.

Conor won.
dude you aint getting a gf let alone grandkids, calm down

Khabib won the battle but not the war <{silvanormal}>

You wish<BC1>

Conor will never be in the GOAT debate. But Khabib will as the only undefeated champion.

Infact, everyone will know Conor only won the LW title because UFC decided to give him a title shot even after losing to Nate Diaz but still not give the title shot to Khabib at the time. When the PR machines take precedence over the better fighters, it's the dark days. People will remember Khabib as the guy who's been cheated by UFC but still never give up and still won the title in a very dominant fashion.

Conor will be remembered more for his antics and fame than his in-cage accomplishments...a dominant fighter at 145, while merely 'good but not great' beyond that division.

He has time to change that...but I suspect he won't. It will still be self-interested matchups, gifted paths, etc. The idea of Conor marching through all top contenders at LW and defending a belt multiple times is pure fantasy.

I wouldn't worry about it we'll all be dead in 50 years anyway.

You wouldn't have grandkids because you are clearly gay for Conor.

Seriously do you even read what you write? "Orgasmic"? "Beauty" and "grace"? That's not how a normal guy describes another guy.

Most cringeworthy thing I've read in a long time.

how do you know you will live 50 years more?

Back