The Terminator could see Conor's greatness even before the Mendes bout

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"Conor is one of the greatest athletes probably of all times," Schwarzenegger told JOE.ie while promoting his upcoming Terminator sequel.

"He has the right combination of the mind, the body and the talent. The two are connected so well with him, which I think is so important in athletics that you believe, 100 percent, in your victory. See it, believe it, achieve it. That's the way it goes. He's a great athlete.

While the haters were gathering round in frenetic circle jerk & foaming at their mouths at the inevitable derailing of the hype train by Chad Mendes, a former Governor, champion and Oscar nominee could tell there was something special going on, that we had a GOAT in the making. I remember the ridicule Schwarzenegger's lavish praise was met with at the time but isn't funny now to see how a world champion athlete could see in Conor what those too bitter to open their eyes could? Ahnold bless...

063015-UFC-Conor-McGregor-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-PI-JE.vresize.1200.675.high.41.jpg

474576288.jpg

mcgregor.jpg

arnie-conor-mcgregor-Copy-604x286.png

I knew Conor would become GOAT after the destruction of Marcus Brimage

Bow to me...

I'm confused, is it Arnold you wish to rim or Conor?

Maybe the three of you could get a human centipede going?

Bow to me...
Strangely, I did too.....quite a few people did if you go back and read some of those early threads but 98% thought he would get crush like Tom Egan. No one gave him a chance around here except the people that actually knew shit about technique and fighting wasn't a soap opera for men "Did u hear what Chael said to Wand last night?,,,,what a jerk!". His hands, angles, IQ, ability to make adjustments and ferociousness as just something we haven't seen in MMA before. It was kinda like when I first saw Bones wrestling vs Bonnar and he just absolutely rag dolled the shit out of a good guy, showed us something new that was head and shoulders above what we had seen before (wtf happened to that Jones BTW?). Only dif is, Conor had charisma coming out of his bung hole, as revealed in the iconic: "Hey Dana...50 G's baby!".

Bow to me...
Conor's debut was nearly as good as Anderson Silva's. Both were things of beauty that let everyone know they were contenders.

I knew Conor would be champ someday when I saw how easily he knocked out Eddie Alvarez. Sure enough, I was right.

This tweet was before the fight with Sage

Mickey Gall future champion confirmed!

Last edited:
Weren't Terminators from the future?
Of course he knew Conor would become champ.

Yeah, Arnold's been backing him for a long time for sure. I remember him actually going out to Conor's temp house before the Mendez fight. Waz on one of those pre-fight shows I think.

Prime Arnold taps Cloner with a handshake.

Just in case you knob gobblers didn't know already.

Cloner would be so impressed he'd vanish 6 months and come back with an Austrian accent.

1411179141806.gif

Back