The Surprising Return of Todd Duffee (Great UFC.com Article)

You shouldn't even waste your time with this guy anymore. He clearly has issues of his own. It's kinda sad.

I'm a Duffee fan but I can understand people disliking him just like they dislike other fighters. Accusing him of being jealous and not being able to become a top fighter just for voicing his opinion is very foolish. You dont have to be an aspiring athlete to post on sherdog. All GSP haters wish they could dominate WW I bet?

Duffee is a very polarizing guy I guess. I wish him the best.

I'm a Duffee fan but I can understand people disliking him just like they dislike other fighters. Accusing him of being jealous and not being able to become a top fighter just for voicing his opinion is very foolish. You dont have to be an aspiring athlete to post on sherdog. All GSP haters wish they could dominate WW I bet?

I think you quoted the wrong person.

I like him but he should rename himself Chinathy Williams

well if he actually felt the symptoms then i guess he would. if you felt a lump on your balls and went through a test and your doc told you it's cancer and you need chemo, you'd fuck around with a second opinion?

it's really easy to sit in your chair and say what you would or wouldn't do if you were in his place. but he's a professional athlete who was told by his doctor that there is something wrong with his body and prescribed him legal treatment for it. but you, the expert of things, have decided that this makes him a clown.

he was misdiagnosed and you're trying very hard to discredit him for it. i don't give two fucks if he's using or not, but your logic here is retarded.

If he needs TRT, it's because his own test production shut down as a result of abusing steroids and not going through proper post cycle therapy to help his own natural testosterone start up again.

See with steroids, you take test or whatever steroid you're injecting for lets say 6 to 8 weeks. During that time your own natural testosterone shuts down temporarily since an "excessive" amount is now in your system. If too much is injected in your system, your body will convert testosterone into estrogen. The result is people that take a cycle of steroids and don't use proper PCT, get bitch tits or gyno. Also they run the risk of their testosterone shutting down permanently. Not only will they lose their gains, but they'll also loser their ability to produce children.

At 23, you can call this bashing, even though it's not my intention to, you can speculate that he may have cycled off a banned substance and was tested when his testosterone production hadn't yet started up again. TRT for almost all people is a permanent thing. You are voluntarily shutting off what testosterone your body naturally produces permanently and are instead taking a synthetic version of it to keep your masculine traits. Since TRT is usually at a higher test dosage than what your body naturally produces, you should appear more "masculine" looking. A more defined jaw line, bigger muscles, higher sex drive. The risk of course is, you'll no longer be able to have children and you'll need to take a prescription of TRT for the rest of your life.

You don't take TRT one time. He may have been recommended HGH to recover from an injury but HGH doesn't really kick in until months have passed. It's also extremely expensive compared to conventional test.

Lets hope crt was a success.

He is in need for it in the HW division.

Not a big Duffee fan, but wouldn't mind seeing another big guy in the UFC. Maybe he ends up improving and re-matches Reem. Remember, Alistair has been KO'd too.

The UFC cut him for no reason in the first place. Yet, they will hype him as a survivor who fell and came back, without mentionning that they are partly responsible.

He lied about being injured so he could film a bit part in a movie. That's a pretty good reason to cut someone.

For all you TRT idiots. Start at 21:00 mark.

you have been calling out everyone in here as idiots because of this?

to begin with, trt is diagnosed for low test, and is not a one time thing Eisenstein, trt is for life, is not like you take it and gets your test production goes back to normal, as a matter of fact, your endogenous test production shuts down, thats why you are getting exogenous test... what duffee is saying is uterly ridiculous.... How the fuck do you confuse a low test case with overtraining? if your blood test comes out low on test, then you have low test, that could be a result of several things, but at 23 years old, being a muscle freak as he was, that is most than likely a result of coming out of a roids cycle, and not having a proper PCT done, wich is reparable, it takes time but if you cut the roids off, and depending how long has passed since the cycle, a proper PCT will aid to speed up the process, you dont give test to a guy whos trying to bring his endogenous test production back to normal, that is retarded... the doc must have asked him if he was on roids, if he LIED to the doc, then of course the doc is going to put him on TRT, but even if thats the case, you ahve to be one big idiot to actually believe that guy whos in his low 20s and looking like a bodybuilder has natural low test issues. You can have a drop out on you test levels under certain cir****ances, over training could cause it, but now way it puts your test levels under 300 ng/dl, and theres no doc whos going to give trt to a guy like todd, at the age of 23, for having a little decline on his test levels...it has to go under 300 ng/dl, and the only reason why a guy like him could have that is because of a bad PCT if he even did one... So there are two of things that couldve happened.

1. The Doc was an oxymoron and actually believe Todd when he said he never did roids, and put him on TRT for LOW TEST PRODUCTION, not for overtraining. (if he Todd wouldve told him he did roids (in case he did) then the doc couldve treated him in the proper way, not by giving him test)

2. Todd asked the doc to put him on TRT and the doc knew what happened but just played along.

now. im not saying or suggesting todd did roids, im just explaining how stupid this one time thing TRT is.

when you are on TRT, you are in for life, other ways, its called roiding.

i hope he does well it sucks though everytime we get an awesome prospect at heavy weight they end up being a bust struve miocic duffee morecraft del rosario

Good luck to the Duff Man. I hope he gets to string at least a couple of victories in the octagon before running into the beasts at the top 5.

If he needs TRT, it's because his own test production shut down as a result of abusing steroids and not going through proper post cycle therapy to help his own natural testosterone start up again.

See with steroids, you take test or whatever steroid you're injecting for lets say 6 to 8 weeks. During that time your own natural testosterone shuts down temporarily since an "excessive" amount is now in your system. If too much is injected in your system, your body will convert testosterone into estrogen. The result is people that take a cycle of steroids and don't use proper PCT, get bitch tits or gyno. Also they run the risk of their testosterone shutting down permanently. Not only will they lose their gains, but they'll also loser their ability to produce children.
so what you are saying is, there is no medical condition under which an athlete may require TRT? are you really that ignorant? he might actually have done this, but then again he might not. he was diagnosed with low testosterone and was put on TRT. he was later told it was the wrong diagnosis so it was no longer an option.

what you are describing is one possible scenario in which his body stopped producing testosterone, but there are many. there is also the fact that he was fucking misdiagnosed.

At 23, you can call this bashing, even though it's not my intention to, you can speculate that he may have cycled off a banned substance and was tested when his testosterone production hadn't yet started up again. TRT for almost all people is a permanent thing. You are voluntarily shutting off what testosterone your body naturally produces permanently and are instead taking a synthetic version of it to keep your masculine traits. Since TRT is usually at a higher test dosage than what your body naturally produces, you should appear more "masculine" looking. A more defined jaw line, bigger muscles, higher sex drive. The risk of course is, you'll no longer be able to have children and you'll need to take a prescription of TRT for the rest of your life.

You don't take TRT one time.
again, you're just talking out of your ass. if people with an actual medical condition need TRT for the rest of their life, it still has nothing to do with his case since his diagnosis was wrong. do you understand that?

He may have been recommended HGH to recover from an injury but HGH doesn't really kick in until months have passed. It's also extremely expensive compared to conventional test.
so, because he's a big meathead he must've taken something? i'm not even saying he didn't, but until he pisses hot you're doing nothing but making shit up. so pretty please, with sugar on top, stfu.

People say that about every single HW that can't take punches like roy nelson.. for fucks sakes.

how many guys can take a direct hit on the chin from mike russow and stay up? That's just a part of being a HW, everyone has KO power and thus everyone can go out
Who in the fuck has MIKE RUSSOW knocked out besides DUFFEE at the UFC level?!

Not a big Duffee fan, wouldn't mind seeing another big guy in the UFC. Maybe he ends up improving and re-matches Reem. Remember, Alistair has been KO'd too.

so what you are saying is, there is no medical condition under which an athlete may require TRT? are you really that ignorant? he might actually have done this, but then again he might not. he was diagnosed with low testosterone and was put on TRT. he was later told it was the wrong diagnosis so it was no longer an option.

what you are describing is one possible scenario in which his body stopped producing testosterone, but there are many. there is also the fact that he was fucking misdiagnosed.

again, you're just talking out of your ass. if people with an actual medical condition need TRT for the rest of their life, it still has nothing to do with his case since his diagnosis was wrong. do you understand that?

so, because he's a big meathead he must've taken something? i'm not even saying he didn't, but until he pisses hot you're doing nothing but making shit up. so pretty please, with sugar on top, stfu.

Nop, he is not talking out of his ass, he knows he hes talking about, you dont...

His diagnosis was not wrong, unless doc doesnt know how to read, its not possible to misdiagnose low test levels, the cause of his illness couldve been wrong though. There is absolutely ZERO chances a guy can get that big and muscular as Todd was with low testosterone, even within the high range of a super human being it would be extremely difficult, having testosterone levels under 300, is just not going to happen. Testosterone levels dropping from the upper level to under the lower range of a normal person do not happen from over training (which is what he said he had) its just not possible.

Last edited:
I hope Dana White sees what Duffee can bring. In a division CONSTANTLY (read this White)hampered by a shallow talent pool, Todd Duffee is a welcome addition. If the heavyweight division is lacking, it is lacking because there is so little commitment to its cultivation.

todd-duffee1_large_large.jpg

Poor guy and his low testosterone.

Back