The superman elbow and the jab-elbow slice

no, I've never really seen the point of the superman elbow, as you call it. It's very slow and telegraphed, and has poor range, especially for a jumping move.

It's good to see a vid of someone practicing techniques that haven't been seen
10,000 times.

It's good to see a vid of someone practicing techniques that haven't been seen
10,000 times.

Is there ANY MOVE that hasn't been seen 10k times? I mean in our modern day we've pretty much seen it all.

no, I've never really seen the point of the superman elbow, as you call it. It's very slow and telegraphed, and has poor range, especially for a jumping move.
It can be effective if you are in the inside and need to get over the top of someones guard. A spike elbow is more effective but they are illegal in MMA...

The idea of that "fake" jab doesn't sound good to me. A good fighter will be able to react to that and that hole between the two attacks is where they can get you.

Although, I don't suppose there are a LOT of people who can get into that kind of thinking in a fight.

Sound good. This move works for me during sparring. But only if i dont use to often. But i am not the most technical clean striker. So i am always open for tips and advice about everything. But not everything can be shared over a internett board. :)

If done perfectly the elbow should look something like this:
2jyub.jpg

Interesting that Anderson did this with his lead elbow as southpaw. I usually see more of an upward motion or a "12 to 6" motion for lead elbows.

SpineBreaker said:
The idea of that "fake" jab doesn't sound good to me. A good fighter will be able to react to that and that hole between the two attacks is where they can get you.

This is where the games begin. Presumably, one would fake a couple of times to see how the opponent would react. Then you throw the fake, draw out the counterstrike, and counter the counterstrike. You see this a lot in kickboxing/MT.

I'm no striker but this looks like it could be nasty for the other guy if they don't see it coming and nasty for you if they do. It seems like hitting solid would put him down but if he gets under or to the side of you...Just my two cents.

Just need to say this is the epitome of what a good thread is. Wish we had threads like this in the grappling forum.

well its not a technique you should be doing often.. just like most "fancy" techniques.

Oh man, that is bad...

Hahaha, I didn't want to say anything, but ever since I first saw that I was like ohhh man that is bad..:eek: Mirko is one of my favorite fighters of all time and of course the response will be "YA I'M SURE YOU KNOW MORE THAN MIRKO LOLOLOZ!!!1ON1!!" but anyone who has a serious training background can see how flawed that is lol.

i know. but try find the tread in the HW forum. And look at all the nerd crying like they have seen something AMAZING from their god. :D

be aware that your left hand is low when you do the elbow in the second video.
you could be counted with an elbow same time, if his guard is tigt you will get cought and he wont.

"superman" strikes can be effective, for me at least, if I can set them up by landing low strikes, then really selling the kick before sending the hands or elbows in, I wouldn't do elbows in sparring though
as for your technique, looks good except your posing after your strike, dropping your hands and not reseting your guard after your combo, remember, you fight like you train

thats true.. i guess the bag dont hit back. so i becomes a bad habit

as for your technique, looks good except your posing after your strike, dropping your hands and not reseting your guard after your combo, remember, you fight like you train
yes ! i'm really glad someone mentioned this. the way you drop your hands and walk straight back from the bag after the combo is going to ingrain itself in you. don't do that !

Back