The story behind Evan Tanner vs Phil Baroni - the sparring session that got real by Chael Sonnen

I will pass, peddle your goods elsewhere.
In general I agree but Evan was a special guy. He deserves every book possible.

Great fighter, intelligent and maybe the most humble of them all.

Holy smokes Dan Henderson looks so young in there!

Love those old TQ stories. This one is great.

Anyone who was training back around the early to mid 2000s knows how different it was. I only caught the tail end of it, but shit really could be like the wild west at times.

Wasnt looking to peddle anything. You asked a question and I responded.

I believe you. you would have chosen another fighter if this would be about maximal marketing because with Evan your wont sell that much.

Sadly what made him such a great fighter and person :His ability to do things and learn things on his own, was his ultimate downfall and hubris in the end.

I'm a fan of Evan Tanner
@LilNicky95 is a notorious shit poster, you're best putting him on ignore
I believe you. you would have chosen another fighter if this would be about maximal marketing because with Evan your wont sell that much.

Sadly what made him such a great fighter and person :His ability to do things and learn things on his own, was his ultimate downfall and hubris in the end.

Thanks. Not looking to make money. It was never about that for me. I'm a fan of Evan's just like everyone else here and want to keep his legacy alive just like many of you are doing here. I thank you for that!

Regarding that fight: the ref did a very stupid thing in asking Baroni questions while he’s getting lit up and the crowd is going wild. I’m guessing that the commission made some adjustments after that.

Not saying that Baroni was screwed over by any means though: Tanner had him and Phil was going nowhere.

Thanks. Not looking to make money. It was never about that for me. I'm a fan of Evan's just like everyone else here and want to keep his legacy alive just like many of you are doing here. I thank you for that!

both roided up to the fullest

and people on here alwars bitching about roiding in pride, these two look like they were made in a lab and not made for 15-125 minute fighting
Tanner looks normal - it's Phil with those delts and neck that looks like he should be up on a stage in speedos flexing.

Last edited:
Baroni was done he wasnt getting out of that mount, but so was Tanner and the ref gave him a break and time to recover to check the cut.

Intelligent is pushing it a little bit, don't get me wrong I was a fan of his and he seemed a thoroughly decent guy but he never came across as overly intelligent, and that's before using his death as an example.
Great guy, great fighter, not the brightest of buttons.

This is the exact response I expected you to say. Sadly I was correct.
I was merely commenting to let people on this specific thread know that I have a first-hand account of what happened and I'll be able to reveal that soon (in my book). I thought it would be appreciated, but that's my mistake. I apologize to anyone who was offended by that and I'll leave you guys to your thread.

Not quite sure why anybody would get upset. I saw a thread that relates directly to an interview I've had and thought I would let other fans of Evan Tanner know that I have a definitive answer to the questions being asked here and I'll be able to answer them soon.

I was merely commenting to let people on this specific thread know that I have a first-hand account of what happened and I'll be able to reveal that soon (in my book). I thought it would be appreciated, but that's my mistake. I apologize to anyone who was offended by that and I'll leave you guys to your thread.
I just wanted to know now. I dont want to buy a book to have one question answered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back