The State of UK Politics

aunshi189

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of Brits on this board, of varying political leanings, but I think one thing we can all agree on is that our country is currently in a pretty poor state in terms of government.

This thread can be a general discussion of politics in the UK but the first question I'd like to hear people's opinions on is who (if anyone) do you see as a credible Prime Minister at the moment?
I feel like we are in a situation where nobody seems to be a credible statesman or leader in the country. I lean more to the left side of things but I can't imagine Corbyn as PM, equally May has been a damp squib and seems widely ineffective, just waiting to be stabbed in the back and deposed at some point. There is not a single name in British politics I could see being a solid PM. Without getting into the debate of whether Brexit was/is good or not I have no confidence in anyone to navigate it.

Perhaps I'll unearth some rabid May fans, I'm sure there'll be some voices for Corbyn, I'm hoping there'll be some fresh names and faces to give me some hope for the future.

American and other former colonies are welcome to join the discussion as long as you post on the left, use the metric system (except for miles and height) and put extra 'U's in words.

#1 priority for now - ending the brexit fuckup we made by whatever means possible

#2 priority - instiuting some form of PR for the HoC and preventing a single parties internal politics from causing the greatest political crisis since WW2, as we have at the moment.

Edit - Should've said, PM position is poisoned chalice currently until priority #1 is achieved. Let's not waste anyone good until its tenable.

That said I moved out of the UK so I'm not massively affected but it's painful to see what's happening at the moment.

Last edited:
Edit - Should've said, PM position is poisoned chalice currently until priority #1 is achieved. Let's not waste anyone good until its tenable.

Is there anyone good waiting in the wings? I guess that remains to be seen.
Priority 1 seems hard to achieve with someone crap as PM :/

Im just counting down the days until Scotland gets another independence referendum. We need to run our own affairs, the shitshow we are going through is shining proof of that imo

priority#1 is impossible at this point, brexit is gonna be a clusterfuck
i live in ireland so dont keep up with uk political figures, but cant see anyone to step up
maybe the UK needs to hit bottom to encourage more decent people to run for office, but i aint holding my breath.

Im just counting down the days until Scotland gets another independence referendum. We need to run our own affairs, the shitshow we are going through is shining proof of that imo

Just give citizenship to half scottish folk with 'Mc' at the start of their names and I'll be ok with that.

Even without Brexit issues the half arsed federalism of the UK isn't sustainable.

The tories are destroying the UK. Fuck those scum bag cunts.

Just give citizenship to half scottish folk with 'Mc' at the start of their names and I'll be ok with that.

Even without Brexit issues the half arsed federalism of the UK isn't sustainable.
anyone who wants to come to Scotland is more than welcome, our nationalism is inclusive. Civic Nationalism is the only form of nationalism that isnt pretty repulsive, and luckily thats the form we have.

priority#1 is impossible at this point, brexit is gonna be a clusterfuck
i live in ireland so dont keep up with uk political figures, but cant see anyone to step up
maybe the UK needs to hit bottom to encourage more decent people to run for office, but i aint holding my breath.
0.jpeg

You mean you need to be subjugated by another greater power. You still long to be subjects. You are sick of your British masters and want your Continental ones. Running from one parental figure to another. Grow up.

You mean you need to be subjugated by another greater power. You still long to be subjects. You are sick of your British masters and want your Continental ones.
says the guy who lives in the biggest political union in the world today...... or is your subjugation a special form of subjugation?

you seem to be thinking you are hitting me hard, but all you are doing is showing just how stupid you actually are.

says the guy who lives in the biggest political union in the world today...... or is your subjugation a special form of subjugation?

you seem to be thinking you are hitting me hard, but all you are doing is showing just how stupid you actually are.

Other states are not other countries. We don't have different national sports teams. There is a clear distinction between you and the English. The English being the man and you being the bitch. Now your man is treating you too rough so you want to run to Brussels.

Your fuckin national anthem celebrates your subjugation. lol. It brags about crushing your people into submission. Your slavery is written into the song of the country lol.

The tories are destroying the UK. Fuck those scum bag cunts.
Agreed, the UK needs the Labour Party back in charge. They can then import some of their better ideas back into action again.

At least the Irish and Muslims fuck shit up in Britain. Stay bent over.

You've clearly never seen an English Wetherspoons after a Scottish Hen Party.

@MayhemMonkey How respected is Sturgeon? I've been hearing that some of the shine is coming off the SNP and some people doubt their abilities beyond the independence issue?

You've clearly never seen an English Wetherspoons after a Scottish Hen Party.

@MayhemMonkey How respected is Sturgeon? I've been hearing that some of the shine is coming off the SNP and some people doubt their abilities beyond the independence issue?
depends on who you ask really, to people who support independence she is a fine politician, great debater and has shown herself to be a good leader at a difficult time. To those who dont she is pondscum who is trying to break up their beloved union.

I trust her, and the SNP to look out for Scottish interests until we get independence. Once its achieved then its all about who can deliver the right vision for the country we want to be.

I made a thread about corbyn and the hack job the jews are doing on him. It was wastelanded. Yeah certain things we cant talk about

I made a thread about corbyn and the hack job the jews are doing on him. It was wastelanded. Yeah certain things we cant talk about
probably shouldnt have blamed "the jews" and maybe focused on "the zionist controlled media and politicians"

I don't think the issue is "the jews" at all. If it wasn't anti-antisemitism the blairites would be looking for another reason to get rid of Corbyn.
Saying that, he does make it very easy to make him look bad by saying and doing so much stupid shit. Man's a liability. He's not suited to running an opposition (never mind a government).
(IMO)

I don't think the issue is "the jews" at all. If it wasn't anti-antisemitism the blairites would be looking for another reason to get rid of Corbyn.
Saying that, he does make it very easy to make him look bad by saying and doing so much stupid shit. Man's a liability. He's not suited to running an opposition (never mind a government).
(IMO)
He is too good of a man and has called out israel in the past. That alone is above anything he can do for uk. They are destroying him as anti semit

Back