The state of the women's flyweight division

Mob69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I really thought that the UFC would make more effort to get the best available talent for their 125lbs women division.

Admittedly they have the top flyweight in the world besides Shevchenko, but besides that the upper echelons of the UFC division consist of Sijara Eubanks, Liz Carmouche, Katyln Chookagian, Alexis Davis, Nicco Montana, past her prime Jennifer Maia, and Roxanne Modaferri.

I would go so far as to say that besides Shevchenko, the best flyweights are elsewhere. Most notably, Ariane Lipski of KSW is probably the second best FLW. The UFC should pick her up. Aga Niedsweidz lost to Maia, but I thought she deserved the nod - she's in Invicta, as is Vanessa Porto. Ilima Lei-Macfarlane is in Bellator. Admittedly the UFC could get the Invicta fighters, but why haven't they already? The likes of Carmouche and Chookagian are not championship-calibre fighters.

One of the most decorated and accomplished divisions in the UFC imo. Regardless of gender.

I hope to see more Women's Flyweight fights soon on PPV, maybe even as main events and co-main events.

One of the most decorated and accomplished divisions in the UFC imo. Regardless of gender.

I hope to see more Women's Flyweight fights soon on PPV, maybe even as main events and co-main events.
For me, Nicco Montano is p4p#1.

TS sure seems to spend a lot of time following completely irrelevant and subpar divisions.

nicco montana is shittier than shit itself

nick-cage-lol.gif

Lipski has no footwork, she is completely stationary while firing strikes. In her last fight her opponent refused to engaged with her inside the pocket, Lipski had lots of trouble to launch meaningful offence.

Aga has really bad cardio, and she isn't explosive enough to get early finishes against top WFLW fighters.

The best female flyweight fighters all are former UFC WBW fighters, they made to the big show and have been fighting girls bigger than them.

Last edited:
I figured it's because they know Shevchenko is going to murder the division and be champ for a while

Her sis just got signed too. She might be 125 as well

I always wonder if the dudes who passionately want their violence with penises also want said penisia on their pretend girlfriends. Just a thought...

sherdog will collapse when Nicco will win UD against Val

Lipski has no footwork, she is completely stationary while firing strikes. In her last fight her opponent refused to engaged with her inside the pocket, Lipski had lots of trouble to launch meaningful offence.

Aga has really bad cardio, and she isn't explosive enough to get early finished against top WFLW fighters.

The best female flyweight fighters all are former UFC WBW fighters, they made to the big show and have been fighting girls bigger than them.
Pretty much this. Chookagian right now would probably beat both Kuma and Lipski, and i like them.
Lipski and Kuma are the future of the division since they are already very skilled at 24 and 23 years old respectively, but they aren't top 3 by any means.
I had Maia 48-47 against Kuma and IMO there's no reason whatsoever to rush Kuma, give her fights in Invicta, build her up, give her a fight for the belt and then after some defenses UFC should sign her.
Lipski seems more prepared, with good cardio, but there so many holes in her game.. She has to improve a lot to hang with the top 5 of UFC's division.
People underestimate UFC vets as Carmouche, Davis etc.

Next Champ... Valentina doesn't stand a chance.

UYm2Cp6.jpg

Pretty much this. Chookagian right now would probably beat both Kuma and Lipski, and i like them.
Lipski and Kuma are the future of the division since they are already very skilled at 24 and 23 years old respectively, but they aren't top 3 by any means.
I had Maia 48-47 against Kuma and IMO there's no reason whatsoever to rush Kuma, give her fights in Invicta, build her up, give her a fight for the belt and then after some defenses UFC should sign her.
Lipski seems more prepared, with good cardio, but there so many holes in her game.. She has to improve a lot to hang with the top 5 of UFC's division.
People underestimate UFC vets as Carmouche, Davis etc.
Kuma will fight in KSW

Shevchenko will be the Mighty Mouse of this division, sitting pretty while no one has a chance of knocking her off. All while the Tiger Muay Thai accounts jack off to her "dominance."

Which is why I'm hoping for a Nicco Montano TKO via elbows to keep things interesting. :cool:

Back