The state of Face Puncher 2

Cool.

The clinching looks really good, how do you control it?

You sure about that asteroid space stuff or is it just a placeholder? Seems you put a lot of work into collision, physics etc. but that setting makes it look kinda cheap IMO.

This is great, the sounds effects are hilarious.

Lots of potential with this I think, the physics work really well for some of the close range fighting, reminds me a little of Gang Beasts in a good way.

<RomeroSalute>

Cool.

You sure about that asteroid space stuff or is it just a placeholder? Seems you put a lot of work into collision, physics etc. but that setting makes it look kinda cheap IMO.

Each character has 2 punches and two other random moves.

One of Akira's moves enables you to hold down the button to hold his arm out like a clinch. While holding it you press the other punch button to swing the other arm.

A bit tricky at first but once you get it it's very powerful.

This is great, the sounds effects are hilarious.

Lots of potential with this I think, the physics work really well for some of the close range fighting, reminds me a little of Gang Beasts in a good way.

<RomeroSalute>

My brother did the voice for Hassan and it came out pretty damn we.

Games I've been inspired by are primarily Sumotori and Toribash. Gangbeats actually came along after the first Face Puncher was released.

Cool.

Forgot the second part of ur post.

I'm not super keen on this environment, I pieced it together pretty quickly to get a working demo.

Every asset in the game besides the audio is made by me so it's been pretty time consuming.

That's pretty awesome. I love the physics based gameplay, and it's very fluid. Only suggestion/want would be for quicker movement.

That's pretty awesome. I love the physics based gameplay, and it's very fluid. Only suggestion/want would be for quicker movement.

Aesthetically the movement seems slow, but with the amount of subtlety in the controls and gameplay it feels faster when playing.

I love the amount of "come at me bro" involved.

I love the amount of "come at me bro" involved.

That's what it's about, even if it appears a bit silly - Face Puncher is pure just bleed affliction scrapping set to death metal.

Back