The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
L’Rell explained that the change in the Klingon’s appearance was inspired by the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “Rightful Heir” and the story of how Kahless created the first bat’leth from his own hair. The idea is that Klingons shave their heads during times of war and grow their hair during times of peace.

klingon-star-trek-discovery-1137699.jpeg

The Klingons had shaved heads even before the war with the Federation began in Season One, suggested perhaps that the Klingon Empire was considered to be in a state of war even before it was made official.

Some may also note that the Klingons did not shave their heads during the Dominion War as seen in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Perhaps the custom had fallen out of favor by that time, maybe a result of the signing of the Khitomer Accords.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/10/06/star-trek-discovery-klingon-hair-season-2/

Do4iXwVUYAEPMLg.jpg

Old Klingon, perhaps Kol's father.

dsc-s2trailer-nycc18-head.jpg

Number one

dsc-nycc18-01-428x640.jpg

Breaded Spock

More Picard series news. The show will be a multi year series, not a limited run series. The writers have now been in production for one month, and they are planning to start filming in April.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/10/06/ex...cers-reveal-picard-series-production-details/

• Picard series supposed to run multiple seasons
  • Production expected to begin in April 2019, with a likely premiere in early 2020
The producers did talk about how they hoped to roll out the various shows in the planned expansion of the Star Trek television universe. When asked about CBS Studios David Stapf’s comments from August saying there “should be a Star Trek something on all the time on All Access,” Kadin confirmed with TrekMovie that the plan is to not have Star Trek shows overlap. She also noted they plan to have breaks between the various Trek shows, to build up fan anticipation.

More Picard series news. The show will be a multi year series, not a limited run series. The writers have now been in production for one month, and they are planning to start filming in April.

This is fantastic news.

Over in Europe for vacation. Cool to see discovery on Netflix here!

Where did you go for vacation?
Not mainland EU this time. In Iceland for 4 days, then flying to London to watch the Seattle Seahawks play at Whembly stadium, then up to Scotland to explore

Not mainland EU this time. In Iceland for 4 days, then flying to London to watch the Seattle Seahawks play at Whembly stadium, then up to Scotland to explore

*Wembley

Nice trip! Never been to Iceland or Scotland myself, I imagine the weather is probably already rather rough this time of the year?

*Wembley

Nice trip! Never been to Iceland or Scotland myself, I imagine the weather is probably already rather rough this time of the year?
Iceland was around freezing everyday. Weather changes quick here. Off to UK in the morning

What we left behind, the DS9 doc, premieres tomorrow night in LA. Hopefully we got some reports on it.

Here is now Chancellor L'Rell

lrell-hair.jpg

For comparison here she is at the beginning of season one, as battle deck commander

dsc-0801-lrell.jpg

Like I have been saying for months, they will fix the Klingons. They listen to the fans.

Here's most of the cast of DS9 at the premiere of What we left behind. Reviews so far have been stellar.

ds9laprem-castcrewstage-ds9doc-768x512.jpg

They introduced a new ship (USS Emmett Till) for Ezri to command for the fictional season 8 episode. This diverges from the books where she is in command of the Aventine. Not a big deal, but they are including that new ship in Star Trek Online.

I am still hoping for some kind of adaptation of the Destiny series (TV movies, animated series), but I am less optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago.

Here is now Chancellor L'Rell

lrell-hair.jpg

For comparison here she is at the beginning of season one, as battle deck commander

dsc-0801-lrell.jpg

Like I have been saying for months, they will fix the Klingons. They listen to the fans.

The in-canon explanation is something about a tradition of getting rid of their hair in a state of war, something that got lost or was discontinued after Khitomer. I can live very well with that, it seems a little forced, but then again we had the augment virus storyline.

They introduced a new ship (USS Emmett Till) for Ezri to command for the fictional season 8 episode. This diverges from the books where she is in command of the Aventine. Not a big deal, but they are including that new ship in Star Trek Online.

I am still hoping for some kind of adaptation of the Destiny series (TV movies, animated series), but I am less optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago.
WWLB_EmmettTillShip-777x437.jpg

We lost the great bird of the galaxy 27 years ago today. Today in 1991 Gene Roddenberry suffered a massive heart attack, while at his doctors office.

We lost the great bird of the galaxy 27 years ago today. Today in 1991 Gene Roddenberry suffered a massive heart attack, while at his doctors office.
Some people argue that his death allowed the franchise to grow. TNG started off really slow when he was still in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back