The Speed Difference! Cejudo vs TJ

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Was TJ slowed down by the weight cut? Or is there just that big of a gap in speed between Flyweight and Bantamweight? TJ looked like he was fighting under water in there. Cejudo looked to be in fast forward next to him.

I don't remember being blown away by Cejudo's speed against the other Flyweights. Not saying i ever thought he was slow, but not particularly lightning.

TJ looked slow in there and i think that was more important to his downfall, and not his ability to take a shot.

giphy.gif

OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with the weight cut. Cejudo will be even faster than TJ at BW.

Also lol at the first gif. Cejudo hits him so fast after the body shot that TJ doesn't know what hit him.

Has nothing to do with the weight cut. Cejudo will be even faster than TJ at BW.
Yeah I think so too. I was just surprised by the difference. Even Garbrandt didn’t look that much faster than T.J.

TJ wanted Cejudo to stare at him while he pranced about using his hand as a fucking sun visor, whereas Henry wanted his soul.

For the flyweights!

The fight was way too short to be able to determine that.

I wish it would have lasted longer. So many unanswered questions.

He’s a coward. Who cares why or how he lost? As long as he lost.

Cody was faster than him too. TJ relies on timing more than exploding into every punch.

I think Cejudo being shorter and having more mass helps him in this case. More strength and a smaller frame. He also has more fast-twitch muscle.

Cejudo matched DJ in speed at UFC 227

His striking is very underrated and so is his ability to move in and out very quickly

Tj seemed weaker than normal. Cejudo pushed him easily to the ground and started his mauling

Think how fast DJ would have looked in there against TJ

Man that second gif where he just pushes TJ down like it's nothing, sonnned.

Man that second gif where he just pushes TJ down like it's nothing, sonnned.
When u got Olympic gold clowns like TJ with a mediocre collegiate wrestling record get taken down with a light push

theres obviously a gap in speed for FLW's and BW's.

i had a feeling cejudo would be noticably faster, and right away it was clear he was like 2 x faster than TJ.

the only guy at BW who would be as fast as some of these FLW's would be cody, but i think henry would crack that glass chin.

Can't really discern much from that fight. The cut did effect TJ, but i think it was more recovery related .

Cejudo didn't give TJ any space right from the start. He didn't let TJ start dominating the range and when TJ came in, isntead of Cejudo backing up and giving TJ space to set something up Cejudo just planted and pushed him away. TJ looked in position to possibly throw a LHK if Cejudo backed up, but Cejudo did not. Cejudo may be faster than TJ but really he just didn't let TJ ever create the space he needed.

My first reaction to how Cejudo beat the snake was his immediate and constant pressure and more subtle, perhaps the threat of takedown (nothing scares a very good wrestler like a better wrestler)

Ultimately it was the foot to face and fist to face :)

Back