The Spate of Ambush Attacks on Law Enforcement Officers

I’m almost positive I know the video you are
talking about and that’s a misrepresentation of what happened but all the same - exactly, it was on video so it’s not exactly “working to cover it up”

It was on video by mistake. They thought the camera was off.

Probably has something to do with the fact that the vast majority of the time cops kill people it's justified, whereas when people kill cops it's pretty much never justified.

"The police investigated their own crimes and cleared themselves of any wrongdoing"

"The police investigated their own crimes and cleared themselves of any wrongdoing"

If only there was a department specifically focused on investigating police misconduct.

Also this argument that when civilians kill people they go to jail but cops don't isn't really accurate - only slightly more than half of all murders in the US are solved. A large reason for that is witnesses not cooperating with police.

People being unjustly killed by police (and police getting away with it) is a real but trivially small problem when compared to the bigger issue of violence in this country. And guess what? If you significantly reduce violent crime, you'll probably also significantly reduce the number of people killed by police, both unjustly and in justified cases. So instead of focusing on police being the problem, why not focus on the real problem?

If only there was a department specifically focused on investigating police misconduct.

Also this argument that when civilians kill people they go to jail but cops don't isn't really accurate - only slightly more than half of all murders in the US are solved. A large reason for that is witnesses not cooperating with police.

People being unjustly killed by police (and police getting away with it) is a real but trivially small problem when compared to the bigger issue of violence in this country. And guess what? If you significantly reduce amount of violent crime, you'll probably also significantly reduce the number of people killed by police, both unjustly and in justified cases. So instead of focusing on police being the problem, why not focus on the real problem?

People don't cooperate with police because they don't trust them.

The trust in America's police force is at an incredible low.

Pretty soon people are going to figure out real change doesn’t happen until you start killing politicians.

Two cops dead? Meh...

Two politicians,

<{danawhoah}>
Nah no one will figure that out. That's not the narrative being pushed on social media and the news, where all these work retards are getting their "facts".

People don't cooperate with police because they don't trust them.

The trust in America's police force is at an incredible low.

Probably because organizations like BLM are giving people horrible, misrepresented views of the police. Which leads to people not complying with police, which leads to more people getting killed by police. A community that doesn't trust the police isn't a good thing, and an organization that isn't seeking to build trust in the police isn't helping.

Probably because organizations like BLM are giving people horrible, misrepresented views of the police. Which leads to people not complying with police, which leads to more people getting killed by police. A community that doesn't trust the police isn't a good thing, and an organization that isn't seeking to build trust in the police isn't helping.

Trust has down for years, if not decades. It's not a new thing.

Could be anti-police rhetoric, but the Boogaloo Boys are clearly using the current climate as cover to hurt police officers as well.

I think the issue is that when cops get killed people go to jail but when cops kill people no one goes to jail.

Not sure tho.

Apples to baseballs. Not even the same. Unless you want to try and see the similarties between deputies just sitting in their car being shot and a sexual predator like Jacob Blake reaching in his car while being stopped by police.

Considering that you're one of the many continually excusing police shootings for any number of arbitrary reasons, that's ironic.

But I'm not you. Shooting cops is wrong. I'll let you keep clucking on now.

Most every shooting BLM cries about has an element that justifies the dead guy getting dead. Show me the video of a LEO getting offed by a citizen doing what they have every right to do. The difference in dynamic is different and you're oversimplifying.

Pretty soon people are going to figure out real change doesn’t happen until you start killing politicians.

Two cops dead? Meh...

Two politicians,

<{danawhoah}>
anna-kendrick-mind-blown-gif-source.gif

Apples to baseballs. Not even the same. Unless you want to try and see the similarties between deputies just sitting in their car being shot and a sexual predator like Jacob Blake reaching in his car while being stopped by police.
You're right in that there's absolutely no excuse for harming police officers in cases where they are acting lawfully and not creating a justifiable self-defense situation by being the aggressor. That sort of action doesn't belong in any civilized society.

It is separate from the chronic issue of law enforcement having disproportionate control over the criteria for shooting civilians and the consequences afterwards. Police groups fight against any independent oversight that would hold them accountable for using that power. If they see something that they don't like, they often stop doing their jobs intentionally, which is also pretty toxic behavior.

It's easy to go back and retroactively find some reason to justify shooting somebody post facto. Conviction, furtive actions, holding a cell phone. Even doctors and lawyers, who have a pretty strong pull in how they do their jobs, face stronger consequences when they hurt somebody intentionally or make an indefensible mistake.

The left and right still fighting each other to claim the first step on the stairs to moral authority...which doesnt exist.

Any US political frame on the problems we are facing is part of the problem we are facing. Its like slapping yourself in the face and round and round we go. US politics rots your mind. Taking both sides at face value creates an absurd reality that is shared by no one.

Unless the right or left legit beats the other into submission...at some point yall are going to have to stop threatening and pointing fingers and eat at the adult table with the rest of your fellow countrymen. We arent getting to the other side of 2020 without making some changes. It would be nice if we could do it without all the kicking and screaming.
<Fedor23>

Did you miss the story in the OP where a Boogaloo boy executed two cops?
There was no Boogaloo execution referenced in the OP. I cited stories more recent than that. I deliberately left out stories where police are shot responding to crimes, or investigating suspicious circumstances, because those are so numerous, and usually with a motive that is clearly about the perpetrator seeking to escape.

However, yes, the ex-military man who killed the two cops in Santa Cruz was a Boogaloo and avowed pro-#BLM radical. He is another example that perfectly fits my concern with this trend, and the dangerous rhetoric, embraced by our media, emboldening anti-cop violence among the angriest among us, or the mentally ill, who teeter on the brink.

There was no Boogaloo execution referenced in the OP. I cited stories more recent than that. I deliberately left out stories where police are shot responding to crimes, or investigating suspicious circumstances, because those are so numerous, and usually with a motive that is clearly about the perpetrator seeking to escape.

However, yes, the ex-military man who killed the two cops in Santa Cruz was a Boogaloo and avowed pro-#BLM radical. He is another example that perfectly fits my concern with this trend, and the dangerous rhetoric, embraced by our media, emboldening anti-cop violence among the angriest among us, or the mentally ill, who teeter on the brink.
I saw the two officers killed in Cali headline and assumed it was the Boogaloo case. My mistake. Yeah, I think the anti-police rhetoric and riots are causing people to be more disdainful of the cops, and also extremists who've always wanted this are operating in the smoke of the riots to cause more chaos.

This whole thing reminds me of Batman and his rogue's gallery, where Batman basically attracts villians to Gotham because he's crazy himself, thus defeating his purpose of bringing justice. The batshit crazy lefties are bringing out the crazy people on the other ends of the political spectrum, and vice-versa. Not the most sophisticated analogy lol, but I think it fits the situation.

Most every shooting BLM cries about has an element that justifies the dead guy getting dead. Show me the video of a LEO getting offed by a citizen doing what they have every right to do. The difference in dynamic is different and you're oversimplifying.

This.

Even the unjust shootings have some element of merit in them-be it a mistake, fear, or overreaction to some stimulus. I can only think of three incidents where it is well known that the police shot someone that posed no threat to them. Castille, the older black gentleman that was shot in I think s Carolina, and the guy in NYC that was reaching for a wallet. I know there are others, but those are the ones that come to mind. Ok one more, Walter Scott shooting was completely wrong, but again, had he cooperated and not fled, he 100% would not have been harmed.

In almost all other instances, the subject was uncooperative, fighting, running, or doing some action that had they not done, they would be alive. Most times, police would rather not fight someone and would rather have them be 100% cooperative. Sometimes, you kind of hope they fight in the instance of wife/child beaters or assholes, but they rarely do.

For example, the guy in Atlanta that fought the officers and stole a taser and was shot before he could shoot the officer with the taser. They riot over that? That officer was fired and charged with murder for fuck’s sake.

Or the kid in Pittsburgh(not far from me) that was recently honored by the nfl-was just involved in a shooting and ran and turned towards the officer as he was running.

I don’t need to say anything about rapist Blake, Littleton who shot at police, the guy in Chicago that shot at police-all caused riots.

The pattern here is that all the subjects are doing something that would make a reasonable officer think “oh shit, I am in danger.” Like i said, even the bad shoots have some level of merit whereas shooting a police officer like we have seen is never justified. Ever.

Back