The Sopranos - Ralphie (major spoilers)

From my understanding no one really knew if Ralphie did it. IMO he didn't do it.

why do you say it would have went differently if Christofah was alive?
The way they handled the Italians. When Christopher was around he alsways made sure she got cleaned well even if he was strung out. He always made sure that the Italians found the targets or got it done. When they tried to hit philly tony handed it paulie, who handed it to Bobby, who handed it off to patsy. There was no oversight and they hit the wrong guy and just fucked the whole thing up. Hell Chrissy was pretty loyal even when he was sure that cop wasn’t the dude who killed his dad he still blasted him and just said it wouldn’t matter if the cop did it or not as long as tony wanted him dead he was a dead man.

From my understanding no one really knew if Ralphie did it. IMO he didn't do it.
Ralphie was framed.
Was probably that yoo he embarrassed in a street race all those years ago

Tony was dialing 911 and for some reason he stopped. Christopher had collapsed lungs and would've survived. @KnightTemplar

We know why. How many chances did Chris get? He pulled a gun on Tony.... The boss of a family.
He tried his best at being involved in movies and had a ngeative portrayal of Tony's likeness in the film... Chris was a drug addict. According to Tony a Lying, sniveling, drug addict.... worried about him flipping on him or the family one day. After had even Told Chris he was the one who would take the Sopranos family into the 21st centruy. So many reasons..

He even had previously Told Chris anybody else would have had their intervention right through the back of the head....

It was too many straws. Chris was one of the best characters on any TV show ever. But if you're looking at from the prespective of Tony... this was the last straw

Ralphie was framed.
Was probably that yoo he embarrassed in a street race all those years ago

hmmm. Well I would say you're understanding is not what most of us think. Ralph "A hundred grand a piece. My kid's in the fuckin' hospital! I don't hear you complainin' when I bring you a nice fat envelope".

hmmm. Well I would say you're understanding is not what most of us think. Ralph "A hundred grand a piece. My kid's in the fuckin' hospital! I don't hear you complainin' when I bring you a nice fat envelope".

That's fine but if you read interviews not even the characters themselves know. It was left ambiguous on purpose. For some reason the Sopranos writer while good was an ass hole who liked leaving things like this open to interpretation.

Of course Ralphie talked to him like that. He already said he didn't do it and yet Tony keeps fucking drilling him about it while his fucking kid is in the hospital. There was a lot of lead up to that argument and Ralphie fucking lost it and gave Tony a piece of his mind. It wasn't a admission of guilt IMO and he even says he didn't do it again after that.

That's fine but if you read interviews not even the characters themselves know. It was left ambiguous on purpose. For some reason the Sopranos writer while good was an ass hole who liked leaving things like this open to interpretation.

Of course Ralphie talked to him like that. He already said he didn't do it and yet Tony keeps fucking drilling him about it while his fucking kid is in the hospital. There was a lot of lead up to that argument and Ralphie fucking lost it and gave Tony a piece of his mind. It wasn't a admission of guilt IMO and he even says he didn't do it again after that.

but who else would have burned down the stable and why?
I like your observation but I think Tony's confrontation told him everything.

One of his best strengths was reading people and Ralph's reactions during that scene are so out of character until things go out of hand.

Go back and watch how he can't even look at Tony hearing the news and acts like he would give a fuck with his kid in the hospital and fat insurance claim to pocket.

I think its fair to assume if Ralphie wasn't guilty he'd be ecstatic to hear this news and wouldn't give a fuck what Tony thought even in front of his face and Tony knows this.

Tony knows Ralph's morality which doesn't include giving a fuck about horses. He's seen him pretend to give a fuck about killing Tracee.

BUT
By mob rule Tony should have even agreed burning the stable was a smart move. If Ralph has a financial burden the whole crew suffers.

It's insanely hypocritical he'd set fire to Artie's restaurant and let him cover the costs but not burn a stable cause the horse gave him some kind of happiness.

It's funny how as an audience we want to see how Ralph gets killed so badly its not very obvious to see how stupid of a move it was for Tony as a mob boss

We know why. How many chances did Chris get? He pulled a gun on Tony.... The boss of a family.
He tried his best at being involved in movies and had a ngeative portrayal of Tony's likeness in the film... Chris was a drug addict. According to Tony a Lying, sniveling, drug addict.... worried about him flipping on him or the family one day. After had even Told Chris he was the one who would take the Sopranos family into the 21st centruy. So many reasons..

He even had previously Told Chris anybody else would have had their intervention right through the back of the head....

It was too many straws. Chris was one of the best characters on any TV show ever. But if you're looking at from the prespective of Tony... this was the last straw

Yea that death was coming. Chris fucked up way to much.

I love the sopranos. Pretty sure I rematch the entire series like once every few years.

but who else would have burned down the stable and why?
I like your observation but I think Tony's confrontation told him everything.

One of his best strengths was reading people and Ralph's reactions during that scene are so out of character until things go out of hand.

Go back and watch how he can't even look at Tony hearing the news and acts like he would give a fuck with his kid in the hospital and fat insurance claim to pocket.

I think its fair to assume if Ralphie wasn't guilty he'd be ecstatic to hear this news and wouldn't give a fuck what Tony thought even in front of his face and Tony knows this.

Tony knows Ralph's morality which doesn't include giving a fuck about horses. He's seen him pretend to give a fuck about killing Tracee.

BUT
By mob rule Tony should have even agreed burning the stable was a smart move. If Ralph has a financial burden the whole crew suffers.

It's insanely hypocritical he'd set fire to Artie's restaurant and let him cover the costs but not burn a stable cause the horse gave him some kind of happiness.

It's funny how as an audience we want to see how Ralph gets killed so badly its not very obvious to see how stupid of a move it was for Tony as a mob boss

IMO I think it could have genuinly just been an accident or someone setting Ralphie up. This guy gives a great breakdown.

The line “so what if I did?” seems to be where the die hard “he killed the horse” camp derive their proof. It indeed casts some doubt.

There are three reasons why I think this shouldn’t be taken as a confession: Ginny Fucking Sacrimoni.

Remember when Tony was coaching Ralph for his call to Johnny? That scene taught us a lot about Ralph that everyone seems to have forgotten:

1. Ralph knows when he’s in the danger zone. He knew not to double down on Ginny. He knew to run to Johnny Sack when he was in the danger zone with Tony. Ralph also knows how much Tony cares for this horse. Medical bills or not, I doubt Ralph is going to purposely put himself in danger especially since he now lacks a strong ally.

2. When Ralph did the thing, his first instinct was to apologize. Tony tells him to instead by indignant that someone would spread these lies. Now, we could argue that he took that lesson in diplomacy to heart and that’s why he’s denying killing the horse. However, that first time he preps with Tony before the call. This is heat of the moment when Ralph is just home from spending a lot of time with his son.

3. Ralph ends up apologizing to Johnny. Against Tony’s advice, he apologizes and basically makes it worse. Ralph knows what he did. And he also wants to make things right between himself and Johnny. With Tony, he seems legitimately angry and annoyed that Tony is accusing him.
Let’s also not forget that the fire went through an arson investigation. And given the nature of the horses death, there would likely be additional follow up from the insurance carrier. Race horses receive more scrutiny given how many people have killed them for the insurance money.

Ralph likely has on site materials he can steal, games he can shake down, loans he can collect all totaling well over $100k without the additional scrutiny. But everyone seems to feel thatRalph, the family’s top earner, is in such dire straits that he’s willing to go toe to toe with his boss, whom he knows has a soft spot for Pie.

So my vote is no, he didn’t kill the horse. Tony fancies himself an expert in reading people. He delights in catching people lying to him. Remember that grin as he shoved pasta in his face while accusing Paulie of leaking to Johnny Sack?

But he’s also shown us that while he is pretty good at it, he allows emotion to override reason at times. He didn’t believe Vic when he told him about Big Pussy having flipped. He rationalized his way around It by saying Vic was a shitbag and just trying to shift attention from himself.

It takes him entirely too long to deal with Pussy because, despite all evidence pointing toward cooperation, they go way back. Same with Paulie. He knows he told Johnny Sack the Ginny joke. Pass.

But Ralph gets murdered gladiator style for killing a race horse that results in a pay day for Tony.

Some have said that he has a soft spot for innocent people. I don’t. It seems to be limited to women and horses. He gives exactly zero shits about the gardener Feech beats the shit out of. He has no concern for Tony B beating the shit out of his former boss, who was clearly connected to Tony S in some way since he got Tony B the job.

Tony is a violent asshole. He has no morality. He bases his life off of consumption. He wants to possess as much a sense he can all around him and cloaks himself under this faux system of honor. The only reason why Ralph is so poorly treated by Tony is because he fucking hates Ralph.

Sil treated Tracee just as poorly. He fucked her. He slapped her around. He was likely feeding her drugs to keep her from wandering off. True, he didn’t kill her. But his hands were hardly clean. And Tony didn’t care. Tony was fine with Sil treating her like shit. He just wasn’t fine with almost anything Ralph did aside from earn.

I love the sopranos. Pretty sure I rematch the entire series like once every few years.

I started rewatching it but stopped for some reason this thread makes me want to go back to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back