The solution to Dana s******* on fighters

Kawlinz

How do I change my Custom User Title?
@Green
Reaction score
I don't like all of what dana does, but most of it doesn't irk me. What does irk me the most is him shitting on his own fighters. I think in the past when he did this, most fighters would agree with him if the fight was bad and stuff. But lately it's like he's taking every opportunity to shit on them.

I'm paraphrasing these but stuff like

Even tho he's one of the p4p best, Barao isn't a star yet

Even tho he's one of the p4p best, people were getting tired of GSP anyways

So the solution?

During the promo for the next fight, dana should have to mention the shit he said about the fighters after their last fight.

"Listen, Mir's got no heart, but buy this fuckin PPV"

"If anderson clowns around like he did last time we're gonna cut this guy"

They could work?

Could work, but UFC runs production. Thing about it is, the media can pick up on it more. On the flip side, it's a business and the fighters choose to work there.

Never understood the logic of a *Promoter* shit talking guys in his own promotion.

If i had any editing skills I'd be putting together shitty promos like this.

They choose to work there I get that, but you said it... unless it's honest like both fighters had an off night and they own up to it, there's ways you can talk about that without shitting on your fighters.

Promoter's gotta promote.

Dana just gives his honest sometimes critical opinion.

If a guy fights like Shit and Dana says it's a great fight it isn't genuine. It actually can hurt business because if he tells me this is what I can expect form these fighters, that this boring shitfest was them at their best these guys offer why would I want to see him again.

If a guy fights like Shit and Dana says it's a great fight it isn't genuine. It actually can hurt business because if he tells me this is what I can expect form these fighters, that this boring shitfest was them at their best these guys offer why would I want to see him again.

I agree. He's gone on record and called entire events a crap card. I don't care for his choice of words but if a fight or event sucks he owes up to it.

I don't mind the fact that Dana is sometimes honest. It's probably better than a promoter that is 24/7 selling his product. Sometimes he contradicts himself. So do most people if they were being filmed constantly and scrutinized.

Dana fucken white is dana fucken right
DFW FTMFW!
He ain't ever gonna change. One day retirement. But change, never gonna happen. He just gets worse n worse each day
IMO

i'm okay with uncle dana giving his opinion whether it's good, bad, or indifferent. at least, you know what you're getting with uncle dana. i just don't care for the passive aggressive types. fake nice in front of you and trash talkers behind your back.

Do you guys not feel there's been a change in the past year or so? Like a year ago I'd have agreed with you but now I just don't know what's up his ace

Do you guys not feel there's been a change in the past year or so? Like a year ago I'd have agreed with you but now I just don't know what's up his ace

No, I really don't think he has changed. Dana has been the same guy since before TUF. I think he criticized GSP for the first time and a lot of fans did not like that. It was probably the first time GSP was ever opened to criticism in his career. Dana is just a calls it as he sees it ttpe guy and doesn't filter things too often. That's why a lot of the press actually really like Dana. Plus Dana is super fan friendly and fan accessible... even if he does often sharenhis feelings about fans who are often negative about the UFC.

I used to be a big fan of Dana (that's kind of sad)but in the last few years I've realized that he's pretty ridiculous.

I don't think he should be in the spotlight as much as he is.

although what you said was true, you would in most probabilities be flamed

I don't know about Dana being honest. He said Overeem looked bad against Frank Mir... Overeem landed 30 to 1 on the guy, took 0 significant shots, handled him on the ground and almost put him out several times in the fight... how is that a bad performance?

The fighters gotta bang, bro. That's the only solution. Dana brought them to the UFC so that he can let them bang. For some reason they just ain't banging...it's like they're scared they might lose the fight for being over aggressive...wtf is up with that?

dana has built a legacy around his lack of credibility - its a great brand for him personally.

I don't know about Dana being honest. He said Overeem looked bad against Frank Mir... Overeem landed 30 to 1 on the guy, took 0 significant shots, handled him on the ground and almost put him out several times in the fight... how is that a bad performance?

Cause Mir had been finished easily by Barnett in the previous fight, and JDS a couple of fights prior. And Overeem is marketed as this huge, scary ko-machine, that is his "thing".

It was the smart thing of Dana to say. Dana haters obviously don't get it, but he was actually trying to talk up Overeem by calling it a bad performance.

Dana is a clever guy.

On the Barao thing, he doesn't mean it as an insult, he's simply saying he just isn't that well known like GSP, or Anderson even though he's on their level that's all.

What's the solution to Sherdoggers saying the same things Dana says (or worse) and doesn't see anything wrong with it, yet gets sand in their vagina when Dana says it?

I'm paraphrasing these but stuff like

Sorry but I'm not just going to take your word for it. Post the exact examples of what you are talking about.....lol really this is how we make points now, by just making up shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back