The small things that make the difference

This is true. Part of it also is American/Western medical being totally reductionist in approach. The AMA's approach is "lets pump it full of chemicals until it goes away". Thats a little tougher to do with someone who has bad posture. So they just ignore it and pretend that it doesnt exist.

I wouldn't put all the blame the western medical approach.

Statistically speaking, seeing a doctor for regular check-ups has no positive impact on health. This is because the vast majority of people are unwilling or unable to modify their behaviours or lifestyle, based on a doctor's advice, barring a severe medical incident (Eg. a heart attack). It's exactly the same reason why most people don't eat their veggies, or do regular exercise.

So even if doctors were more versed in a preventative, holistic approach to healthcare, I'm not sure it would do much good.

On a side note..most doctors tend to be concerned with drug and disease TX. Not many are very concerned with biomechanics and the advantages it has on health. That isn't to say they don't or can't understand it, just that it gets brushed under the rug at times.

There's lots of specialization fields when it comes to doctors and their training. So you really need to specify. "Most doctors" don't mean anything.

A general practitioner, the kind you would meet for random check-ups, probably aren't trained to deal with postural issues. A sports medicine doctor or an orthopedist probably is. So you should be meeting them instead.

Good shoes and dry feet for me. Once I start sweating heavily my feet start slipping and sliding and my lifts go to hell. Baby powder on the inside of my shoes/socks and stopping to dry them off helps wonders.

Narrowing grip on overhead press or push press. With every inch I go outward on the knurling, the weaker I am.

I guess for me I would say:

1) Sleeveless shirts. Don't make the mistake of thinking a t-shirt with a short sleeve is enough. Showing off delt and upper tricep development is essential.

2) Colour coordination. There should be good consistency with your colours, but don't be totally monochromatic. I look my best when I am wearing a dark grey (sleeveless) top, mid-grey shorts, my blue Rhebands and white-with-black stripe Oly shoes. The grey and blue really work together, and the white of the shoes just sets it off.

3) Passive flexing. If you go around flexing, you look like a douche. But you can find "natural" positions that make your muscles stand out. Like crossing your hands behind your neck- just naturally flexes the bicep.

3) Passive flexing.
dCG1Ty4.jpg

incline backwards walking on the treadmill. I've tried a million different methods to fix my patellar tendonitis and this is the only that helps.

3) Passive flexing. If you go around flexing, you look like a douche.
You have to overcome the fear of being perceived as a douche. Just embrace it and you will attain true enlightenment and peace.

I guess for me I would say:

1) Sleeveless shirts. Don't make the mistake of thinking a t-shirt with a short sleeve is enough. Showing off delt and upper tricep development is essential.

2) Colour coordination. There should be good consistency with your colours, but don't be totally monochromatic. I look my best when I am wearing a dark grey (sleeveless) top, mid-grey shorts, my blue Rhebands and white-with-black stripe Oly shoes. The grey and blue really work together, and the white of the shoes just sets it off.

3) Passive flexing. If you go around flexing, you look like a douche. But you can find "natural" positions that make your muscles stand out. Like crossing your hands behind your neck- just naturally flexes the bicep.
Lmao. 10/10

Ab wheel roller.
Face pulls
Kettlebell swings with hip hinge
gay sex

10 min. meditation and breathing exercises to clear the mind before a big training session.
Stretching and foam rolling.
Just a little positive attitude can go a long way...

4712451_std.jpg

The small thing that has helped my shoulder issues is doing lots of light upper back work at home. I have small DBs in my basement and by my computer so whenever I go down to the basement do laundry or grab something from the freezer or throughout the day when I'm working from home I bust out a set of 20 rear delt flies.

During the cold winters, I turn on the heater in my truck on full blast to get a nice passive warmup. Saves time from doing extra active warmups at the gym.

Mobility a big one for me in addition to good sleep.

Good shoes and dry feet for me. Once I start sweating heavily my feet start slipping and sliding and my lifts go to hell. Baby powder on the inside of my shoes/socks and stopping to dry them off helps wonders.

I'm with you on this. Only recently has this been an issue. I blame all of my problems on aging, sweaty feet being a new one. I dump baby powder in my socks for dry feet throughout my training sessions. Makes training much more comfortable.

I'm with you on this. Only recently has this been an issue. I blame all of my problems on aging, sweaty feet being a new one. I dump baby powder in my socks for dry feet throughout my training sessions. Makes training much more comfortable.

Quality socks is the answer to this and so many other problems. Pretty much any problem the answer to which isn't "curl more".

Clenching your butt when overhead pressing. Made all the difference for me.

Back