The side effects of CTE.

But its still a choice..its not caused by it..its just a choice people make
CTE is shown to inhibit self-control. There’s also a link between opioid addiction and the TAU proteins associated with CTE. I guess you can say it ultimately boils down to choice but CTE ridiculously stacks the deck against you. And I would think that whereas you and I could possibly kick the habit...the person with CTE, once he uses once it’s a done deal.

I get that But its still a choice..its not caused by CTE..
Gonna have to disagree again. If you have time, check out this article.
https://www.thefix.com/content/brain-injuries-athletes-linked-addiction7561?page=all

“Many [athletes with CTE] have developed drug and alcohol abuse issues,” says Chris Nowinski. A former Harvard football player and WWE wrestler, Nowinski founded the Sports Legacy Institute in 2007 and teamed with Boston University’s Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy to study issues of brain trauma in sports. Among the CTSE’s findings is that repeated blows to the head cause degeneration of the frontal lobe, the part of the brain responsible for impulse control. A loss of impulse control can in turn lead someone who wouldn’t otherwise touch legal or illegal drugs down a dark path of addiction.”

Your position has been the popular one for just speaking on why people, in general, use drugs. Brain trauma is a little different. I’m looking for more bonafide research to support what I’m saying. I’ve found a lot, it’s just a matter of translating it. But I kind of feel like they’re all agreeing with the quote I just gave. It’s disingenuous to say it’s a choice. Even those without TBI, you can argue it’s a choice to use for the first time. I agree with that. But for them it quickly turns into it no longer being a choice. And I’m not strictly talking about the addictive properties of drugs. Research has shown that prolonged drug use rewires your brain thereby stacking the deck against you.

CTE is still a mistery ... and is now becoming the “go-to” degenerative illness to explain just about anything brain related, which is not very scientifically sound.

A recent study stated that even minor head bumps in childhood can cause CTE later in life, which is like saying that anyone basically might develop it, because who hasn’t hit their heads a few times on bikes / skates / etc.

Well “great” results ... except people have been bumping their heads for thousands of years and not everyone had CTE symptoms, in fact even among people who do very CTE-prone activities (contact sports primarily) there are many who are absolutely fine later in life, whilst other people have CTE-like degenerative brain illness having sat all their lives at a desk.

So ... getting hit in the head often is definitely not good also for other reasons (brain bleeds, strokes, death) but the exact relationship with CTE is very much work in progress.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...c-encephalopathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20370921

Some of the possible signs and symptoms of CTE may include:
  • Difficulty thinking (cognitive impairment)
  • Impulsive behavior
  • Depression or apathy
  • Short-term memory loss
  • Difficulty planning and carrying out tasks (executive function)
  • Emotional instability
  • Substance abuse
  • Suicidal thoughts or behavior
Other suspected symptoms may include:
  • Irritability
  • Aggression
  • Speech and language difficulties
  • Motor impairment, such as difficulty walking, tremor, loss of muscle movement, weakness or rigidity
  • Trouble swallowing (dysphagia)
  • Vision and focusing problems
  • Trouble with sense of smell (olfactory abnormalities)
  • Dementia
Sounds like your typical sherdogger , can you get CTE reading bad posts

In before i am referenced

I get that But its still a choice..its not caused by CTE..
Substance abuse is a further down the line symptom that results from an addictive personality. The addictive personality aspect is what's triggered by brain damage.

Substance abuse is a further down the line symptom that results from an addictive personality. The addictive personality aspect is what's triggered by brain damage.

Interesting, do you have any sources for that information

Would like to educate myself further

SIDE effects?

As opposed to the effects?

Interesting, do you have any sources for that information

Would like to educate myself further
I learnt it from Dr. J. Rogan on one of his podcast lectures.

Back