The shot that Ellenberguer went down

He was rocked way before that and then that overhand onto the top of his head discombobulated him. Elllenburger can take shots anymore.
Legend says he's still rocked from the Wonderboy fight

Haven't you been watching him in the past few years? He's like Gomi and Bigfoot now, a strong wind would KO him. UFC are pricks for keeping him and letting him fight.

I feel bad for Jake. He got finished 7 times over the last 4 years, yikes. Just to think that he was probably one win away from getting the TS back in the day, until Rory and Robbie took his soul.

MMA career is absolutely brutal. You're probably going down if something is even slightly "off" with you mentally or physically, you got no teammates to bail you out, and every hard fight leaves a permanent mark on your health. It's really hard to bounce back once you've started going downhill.

Last edited:
Don't even think it's a chin problem, though it played a part for sure. We've seen him mentally quit so many times now, dating back to the Rory fight. His heart just isn't in it anymore and hasn't been for a while. Sould have retired some time ago but better late than never.

Haven't you been watching him in the past few years? He's like Gomi and Bigfoot now, a strong wind would KO him. UFC are pricks for keeping him and letting him fight.

Gomi just KOed Guillard in Rizin. Made me so happy temporarily but he really needs to follow Jake into retirement.

Both should have retired several years ago.

True. Crazy to think how that fight could have been in their prime though. It always used to be talked about on here. Two hardest punching LWs ever. Glad Gomi got to add Melvin to his record in the end, with a KO too.

True. Crazy to think how that fight could have been in their prime though. It always used to be talked about on here. Two hardest punching LWs ever. Glad Gomi got to add Melvin to his record in the end, with a KO too.

But isn't Guillard on like a ten-fight losing streak or more? His record is appalling. It seems more like he's just being brought in to go down and even past the stage of Gomi and Bigfoot and Jake. Last fight I remember for Gomi he got finished in the first by some unknown Japanese fighter.

Looks like it hit him behind and above the ear. Maybe it fucked with his equilibrium and threw his balance off, which is why he fell down and couldn't get back up immediately

Ellenberger is probably the greatest waste of talent MMA has ever seen.

Sad a respectable veteran got destroyed by a lesser name.

Can anyone help me make sense of what happened? I just cant see what hurt him there.

Barbarena lands a short right hand uppercut while they are on their way up, but that wasnt it. Jake barely reacts to it.

Then, he throws another right hand, but that lands to the side of the head with barely enough power to ko anyone. Looks like a lot of what caught jakes head was barberena forearm tbh, the shot it shelf at best, grazed. And jake goes down.
<{vega}>

Even barberina looks surprised for a second there

PastSelfishAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif
He hadn't recovered from the earlier shots.

He tried to get to his feet but his legs weren't under him. His equilibrium was still fucked.

After that he just stopped fighting becsuse he reslized there wasn't much he could do.

Clubbing right?

He got plugged on the temple at the same time he was throwing a super off balance shot with everything he had in it when he was already hurt.

Shit looks weird sometimes

Yeah, he just wanted out. Dude's been done for about 2yrs, I'm shocked it took him this long to throw the towel in.

Can anyone help me make sense of what happened? I just cant see what hurt him there.

Barbarena lands a short right hand uppercut while they are on their way up, but that wasnt it. Jake barely reacts to it.

Then, he throws another right hand, but that lands to the side of the head with barely enough power to ko anyone. Looks like a lot of what caught jakes head was barberena forearm tbh, the shot it shelf at best, grazed. And jake goes down.
<{vega}>

Even barberina looks surprised for a second there

PastSelfishAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif
Fight looked fixed, call me what you want, give me a yellow if you want. That shit looked so fixed.

Back