The Shoopin' 25/8 Back to the Past Shooper Special

And still from The Neverending Story I present to you Overeem trying to save a horse from sinking in the mud:

(Couldn't help myself :D)

Alternative:

This thread is gold! So many 80's classics. Funnily I was thinking about the Never Ending Story when I saw it was a throw back to the 80's. Wasn't it that if you cried you sank in the mud, or something along those lines? I was thinking about the Jones teary face sinking down into the mud...

Love the Reem trying to save his horse meat idea!

I was born 82' also ;) and I edited a quote from the movie for my opening in the OP

Also born in 82! Must have been a good year for shooping...

Loving your thread mate! I wish you hadn't put the film names in the spoilers cus I wanted to guess which films they were from.

I need to get back into shooping. Certainly some fond memories of the 80's growing up. That film Legend scared the living crap out of me when I was a kid! I'm probably going to have nightmares now seeing your shoop!

This thread is gold! So many 80's classics. Funnily I was thinking about the Never Ending Story when I saw it was a throw back to the 80's. Wasn't it that if you cried you sank in the mud, or something along those lines? I was thinking about the Jones teary face sinking down into the mud...

Love the Reem trying to save his horse meat idea!
Thanks! @Jehannum put "Neverending" in the OP but I was already thinking of it! Got one other fav in the top two, Flight of the Navigator lol!

And yes, in the Swamp of Sorrows you sink "if the sadness overcomes you."

Also born in 82! Must have been a good year for shooping...

Loving your thread mate! I wish you hadn't put the film names in the spoilers cus I wanted to guess which films they were from.

I need to get back into shooping. Certainly some fond memories of the 80's growing up. That film Legend scared the living crap out of me when I was a kid! I'm probably going to have nightmares now seeing your shoop!
oh yeah good point, I will put spoilers in the spoilers :D

and agree about Legend. To me the demon is the most frightening portrayal of one in a movie

oh yeah good point, I will put spoilers in the spoilers :D

and agree about Legend. To me the demon is the most frightening portrayal of one in a movie

I'll have to go back through them then in a few weeks. Definitely gets you thinking back to the good ol' days.

I am surprised (mother fudger) that Nate was Skeletor after McGreggor has been labelled as Skeletor on here for so long. You wouldn't even of had to shoop him using a weigh in pic!

That got me thinking. Have you seen the Dark crystal? That scene where it saps that poor creatures youth. That's just reminded me of a McGreggor weigh in. I may have to work on that.

Wow Jehannum great idea and work. Sherdogs lucky to have you.

Here's some past 80s related shoops:
iw802fE.jpg

lvVUjIL.gif

VBUQmHL.jpg

CRk0E49.gif

ucbbAyc.gif

Nate the Pimp. This is Keenan Ivory Wayans' character "Flyguy" from the 80's.

nbx9U2m.jpg
More sherdog racism. Flyguy was played by Antonio Fargas.
Good job matching the skin tones to the face though. Its surprising how hard this can be.

Wow, this is gold. I'll have to collect my 80s movie shoops and put them together when I get home today. Be sure to remind me because I've almost forgotten already.

Finally have a place to post my Mark Hammel Hillary Muppet Shoop.

b2xv1Nd.gif

old paintings count as retro right? of course they do...

Maynard after TJ Grant got a hold of him

Hunts unfortunate run in with JDS (he's in there....just gotta find him :p)

this thread:

giphy.gif

congrats to everyone, every single shoop so far is good, these are my favs so far lol :

Y909bDy.gif

V9qs8xs.png

FVJrYXX.png

<3

I wish you hadn't put the film names in the spoilers cus I wanted to guess which films they were from.

I think he did that at least partly for me. Every time @Jehannum shows me one of his Shoops I say "Who is that girl?" and he says "Oh that's Meisha Tate." Yea, I don't really watch MMA. I just Shoop.

I think he did that at least partly for me. Every time @Jehannum shows me one of his Shoops I say "Who is that girl?" and he says "Oh that's Meisha Tate." Yea, I don't really watch MMA. I just Shoop.
haha like when you thought Joseph Benavidez was Ronda Rousey and Urijah Faber was Joanna Champion in my Team Alpha Male / Time Bandits shoop :D but he meant the movie names anyway

I'm still fixing the spoiler issue, just slow work and I fell asleep EDIT: they are fixed (I hope)

Last edited:
I'll have to go back through them then in a few weeks. Definitely gets you thinking back to the good ol' days.

I am surprised (mother fudger) that Nate was Skeletor after McGreggor has been labelled as Skeletor on here for so long. You wouldn't even of had to shoop him using a weigh in pic!

That got me thinking. Have you seen the Dark crystal? That scene where it saps that poor creatures youth. That's just reminded me of a McGreggor weigh in. I may have to work on that.
yeah you're totally right about getting the characters wrong in the He-Man poster, I think it's the hair that made me pick Conor for He-Man, and then I added Nate after.

If I've seen "The Dark Crystal" I don't remember it from looking at screenshots, and I'm guessing the unicorn scenes I'm thinking of were in "Willow" not that.

Hunts unfortunate run in with JDS (he's in there....just gotta find him :p)
wow I don't remember seeing this one before!

EDITED TO JUST SHOW IMAGE

V9qs8xs.png
I still wonder if anyone got the Brett Roger's reference, besides my buddy Ghost

Last edited:
[QUOTE ="Rogan & Shad Aliens"]
lvVUjIL.gif
[/QUOTE ]

Ah mate I remember seeing all these classics before apart from Rogan and Shad Aliens, so funny.

"you always were an asshole Rogan"

Last edited:
@Jehannum I've just been googling Brett Rogers and Cruz and can't find anything significant. Could you fill me in?

The Dark Crystal was another film by Jim Henson. I couldn't remember seeing it is a kid so I watched a few years back. Not quite what I was expecting. Certainly not anywhere near as good as Labyrinth.

This was the scene I was on about. Almost imagine what the cut down to 145 must be like for Conor.

podlingdrained.gif

I had a quick look at it yesterday and it was around 60 frames. Couldn't get the same shade of purple to even look right. You're certainly the master at adjusting tones/colours! Liking you're Dana White as Mac in Predator :)

I'm definitely take another look through all your pics and see how good my memory is. Certain to get another bunch of LOLs out of them.

And I was on about the film titles @bigwaverider, but to be honest sometimes I can't work out who's actually been shooped. I couldn't tell Uncle Creepy was Kryton in the Red Dwarf shoop. It was only because of the shoop further down where it was explained.

I'm going to have to take another look at the tutorial thread and get back into this. I hope there is some info on making the skin tones match. Mine always suck, but I'm not a perfectionist like Jehannum.

Oh, and @TrainInVain, I can't believe I haven't seen that Aliens shoop before. I can't stop smiling at it. The work on the eyes just has me in stitches. Very good work!

Wow Jehannum great idea and work. Sherdogs lucky to have you.

Here's some past 80s related shoops:
iw802fE.jpg

lvVUjIL.gif

VBUQmHL.jpg

CRk0E49.gif

ucbbAyc.gif
somehow this post slipped by me .... I'd forgotten all about that eyepoke Astley one :D

all of those are awesome

Back