Movies The Shining Sequel DOCTOR SLEEP

If you have seen DOCTOR SLEEP, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Apparently, from the director who also brought us: Oujia board, the movie.

God, I wish I was kidding.

And I wish I knew this before going to see it.

This fuckin guy.

D38-A62-E8-036-B-41-F8-A277-2-BDBB32-DE96-C.jpg

He actually directed the PREQUEL to Ouija which is a lot better than the first one, which he had nothing to do with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija:_Origin_of_Evil

I read the book and loved it. I’m excited for the movie

Is this a horror or thriller type movie? I want to watch it but only if its more like the stand or cujo and less pet semetary.

Is this a horror or thriller type movie? I want to watch it but only if its more like the stand or cujo and less pet semetary.

Just saw it this past weekend I would say it's more thriller. I barely remember the shining but I don't remember it being about all this sort of stuff that was in this movie. I enjoyed it though.

This movie was spot on and great. They did a great job with casting the true knot and rose the hat and snake bite andi were great. Both weirdly hot as hell.

I kind of had a serious issue with the race swap of Abbie from a blonde girl to a black girl, but the actress was great in the movie. I still think it was an unnecessary change to the story, but it worked out. My only issue with that is that there would be so much negative press had it been the other way around. Obviously King was ok with the swap, but I hate when they change things like that from the book.

Moderate spoiler. The ending is way different from the book, and the last thirty minutes were radically changed, but it was my favorite movie of 2020 so far, and it will he tough to beat. I was very impressed with this adaptation, which is so rare. Even better than the It remakes.

Only just watched it now and I'm surprised this film didn't have more buzz around it when it came out. It felt completely different to The Shining but I didn't mind that at all, I think I actually prefer they did it that way.

I haven't read the book, so maybe it did a disservice to it, but just as a stand alone film I thought it did a fine job.

Moderate spoiler. The ending is way different from the book, and the last thirty minutes were radically changed, but it was my favorite movie of 2020 so far, and it will he tough to beat. I was very impressed with this adaptation, which is so rare. Even better than the It remakes.

Would you mind explaining what happens in the books. I enjoyed this ending but I would like to know what King originally wanted to happen.

I read the book, and I honestly remember nothing from it other than the fact he working in a nursing home, and there was a cat who could sense when people were going to die.

Considering I am normally a huge fan of the universes created by Steven King, the book was a forgettable afterthought, so I don't have a lot of hope for the movie.

We need a proper remake to the Dark Tower (The Idris Elba remake was an abomination) and The Stand.

I'm in the same boat. Didn't think the book was that great so my excitement for this movie is on par with jerking off to Janet Reno pics.

Weirdly enough Red Letter Media released their review on it while I was watching it.

Mike Flanagan is a good director.

Hush
Oculus
Before I wake
Doctor Sleep

All decent movies.

Mike Flanagan is a good director.

Hush
Oculus
Before I wake
Doctor Sleep

All decent movies.
Haunting of Hill House too. He directed, wrote, edited, and produced that thing.

Would you mind explaining what happens in the books. I enjoyed this ending but I would like to know what King originally wanted to happen.

spoiler alert.

First. Abra was a blonde in the book and she was actually Dan’s niece. Her mom was Dan’s half sister. Abra’s dad was not killed and neither was billy. Crow daddy did kidnap Abra and Billy and drugged them, but Dan and Abra and Billy fought him with Dan(who wasn’t physically there) made crow shoot himself with a gun. Rose went batshit crazy.

in the book, Danny and Abra go to the overlook, which is just a field because in the shining book, it was blown up. Rose has Silent Serre(one of the knot) hide in a shed, but she is killed by one of the ghosts that Dan releases. Then he and Abra use their powers to knock Rose off of a cliff, killing her. Dan does not die in the book.

there are a lot of differences, but I loved that movie. Overall, great and mostly faithful adaptation, except for the end.

spoiler alert.

First. Abra was a blonde in the book and she was actually Dan’s niece. Her mom was Dan’s half sister. Abra’s dad was not killed and neither was billy. Crow daddy did kidnap Abra and Billy and drugged them, but Dan and Abra and Billy fought him with Dan(who wasn’t physically there) made crow shoot himself with a gun. Rose went batshit crazy.

in the book, Danny and Abra go to the overlook, which is just a field because in the shining book, it was blown up. Rose has Silent Serre(one of the knot) hide in a shed, but she is killed by one of the ghosts that Dan releases. Then he and Abra use their powers to knock Rose off of a cliff, killing her. Dan does not die in the book.

there are a lot of differences, but I loved that movie. Overall, great and mostly faithful adaptation, except for the end.

Sounds like the movie did it better other than the deaths. Wish both Dan and Billy would have lived.

Is Doctor Sleep as boring as it looks?

I got a gift card was thinking about picking up the blu ray just because I love the Shining. I have the feeling this movie is gonna be nothing like the Shining though and just more stupid woke Hollyweird trash with outstanding cinematography.

Back