The Shield & Breaking Bad

Yeah, I watched Oz years ago when it first aired but it's not something I'll ever feel the need to watch again.

What I loved about Oz was that it was fast, action-packed, and had awesome characters and storylines. Ryan 'O Reilly, Adebisi, Jia Kenmin, Miguel Alvarez, they're all involved in just a few of the interesting storylines.

What I loved about Oz was that it was fast, action-packed, and had awesome characters and storylines. Ryan 'O Reilly, Adebisi, Jia Kenmin, Miguel Alvarez, they're all involved in just a few of the interesting storylines.

That's just it, though; it's a fucking jail. The place is supposed to be the polar opposite of fast-paced and action-packed. I mean, it did have its moments but on the whole all I remember is the ridiculous shit they used to pass off under the guise of keeping the show interesting. See the artificial aging of the inmates via chemistry that I made a couple posts back for an example.

I mean, to each his own. But for my money and time I think having seen the show once was enough for me.

I haven't seen Oz since I was a teen, but wasn't there an episode where the jailhouse doctors came up with some sort of chemical concoction which when taken by the inmates ages them drastically so they can be released early?

I mean, I'm pretty sure there was. :p

Umm. Yeah. There was. There was a few storylines that went, well, weird.

Still a good show, but yeah the writing got out there sometimes.

It's venezia's, so...yeah, I would too.

blokey. You must watch BB. It is on netflix. If you don't have it, get it for 7 bucks a month and watch seasons 1-4.
Just put season 1 to the top of my Q mate ... It's on you

Also, I've seen every ep of Oz & LOVED it. Belongs in my OP must see list ...

The Shield is a must watch. Prob one of my top ten TV shows I've ever watched.

It's venezia's, so...yeah, I would too.

20120713-breaking-bad-roof-pizza.jpg

LOL.

Ta for the input guys. I've put season 1 of both series to the top of my Netflix queue.

Breaking Bad is easily the best show of all time, followed by Freaks & Geeks.

Start watching BB in April so that you have a smooth transition into the final 8 episodes that start in June.

It will be glorious.

The Shield is one of my all time favorite shows

Michael Chiklis (sp?) was a total bad ass. Great fucking show, lots of great actors make appearances

worth watching all 7 or 8 seasons

Back