The Shield & Breaking Bad

Never watched either, how much have i missed out?

Series i consider must see ...

Wire
Dexter
Soprano's
Justified
Hell On Wheels

Justified is fun to watch, but The Wire, Dexter, Sopranos and the Shield are shows you must watch.

The Wire had up and down seasons, but they were great.
Dexter gets better every season.
Sopranos was great throughout.
Shield was also non-stop great throughout.

Eh. I've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and like your opinion of The Wire, I think the show is fairly overrated. I mean, Bryan Cranston is an amazing actor, but let's face it; Breaking Bad's writing leaves a lot to be desired.

I'd honestly recommend both The Shield as well as The Sopranos to someone to watch before I would Breaking Bad.

How far along are you? Breaking Bad is the type of show that just gets better and better with every passing season. It moves along as the characters develop and face more difficult situations.

Before I finished the third season of Breaking Bad I enjoyed it but I wasn't overall batshit crazy for it like I am now. That happened about midway through season 3. Once you look back on it you realize how well the show links everything together.

i watched the breaking bad pilot the other day on netflix, i gotta say i wasn't really interested in it after that episode.

not my cup of tea i guess. it wasn't boring or anything, it just wasn't for me.

tumblr_me0adldWQL1rzkokxo1_500.gif

The Shield was a great show. The series finale was the biggest oh shit moment I've ever had watching a TV series.

How far along are you? Breaking Bad is the type of show that just gets better and better with every passing season. It moves along as the characters develop and face more difficult situations.

Before I finished the third season of Breaking Bad I enjoyed it but I wasn't overall batshit crazy for it like I am now. That happened about midway through season 3. Once you look back on it you realize how well the show links everything together.

All right, I'll keep that in mind. At the moment I'm only on (I think) episode 6 of season one. So, I guess I need to get a bit more of the show under my belt and see if my opinion changes.

I feel The Sopranos was one of the greatest tv shows ever, and would probably be the best if not for the way it ended. Off the top of my head, the only shows in its league are Lost, Seinfeld, and The Simpsons.

Some other great shows are The Shield(especially the way it ended), Breaking Bad, South Park, Chapelle's show, Boardwalk empire, Oz, Entourage(except for the last few seasons). Entourage and BoardWalk empire are basically the only good things Wahlberg has been a part of, and the first doesn't require much talent considering he's basically describing his life, and the second he was a producer for.

I thought the Wire was just terrible. Couldn't bring myself to watch anymore.

the shield is a great show, def worth a watch.

I feel The Sopranos was one of the greatest tv shows ever, and would probably be the best if not for the way it ended. Off the top of my head, the only shows in its league are Lost, Seinfeld, and The Simpsons.

Some other great shows are The Shield(especially the way it ended), Breaking Bad, South Park, Chapelle's show, Boardwalk empire, Oz, Entourage(except for the last few seasons). Entourage and BoardWalk empire are basically the only good things Wahlberg has been a part of, and the first doesn't require much talent considering he's basically describing his life, and the second he was a producer for.

I thought the Wire was just terrible. Couldn't bring myself to watch anymore.

So, Oz is worth a watch but The Wire isn't? :p

Oz is definitely worth a watch, it gets kinda silly at times but still a great series.

I haven't seen Oz since I was a teen, but wasn't there an episode where the jailhouse doctors came up with some sort of chemical concoction which when taken by the inmates ages them drastically so they can be released early?

I mean, I'm pretty sure there was. :p

When I watched Oz, I was like "oh shit, what's going to happen to this guy next?". When I watched Wire, I was like "oh shit, nightline is on!"

Yeah, I watched Oz years ago when it first aired but it's not something I'll ever feel the need to watch again.

The Sopranos is great. My only beef with it is its inconsistency. The show had a good number of straight up crap episodes

In six seasons there's going to be some filler episodes. I was depressed for awhile when it ended. BTW I grew up with several Italian-American kids and they're by far the most loyal.

Back