The sheer number of recognizable names Cowboy has beat is ridiculous

You telling me to relax? LOL.

I can't stand Khabib, I was just wondering why you consider Cowboy's resume better than his when it isn't.

Who's worried? Just asking a question, it's called a discussion, and this is a discussion forum.
i cant really explain it any better than Typrune just did. makes sense to me.

also khabib ducked cowboy twice back In the day. cowboy will fight anyone anytime,
short notice, no notice, welterweight, doesn't take time off for religion.
cowboy is a true fighter and a class act.

discuss

Getting a win over cowboy is an achievement, the type of name all the top lightweights of this era would love to have when they hang up the gloves, once fighters are veterans in the game that's the type of thing they think about, it's one of the reasons Conor wants to fight Edgar too, it just seems like it should have happened.

He's still 3-7 in his last 10 and a shot fighter right now no matter what you say about his past

Getting a win over cowboy is an achievement, the type of name all the top lightweights of this era would love to have when they hang up the gloves, once fighters are veterans in the game that's the type of thing they think about, it's one of the reason Conor wants to fight Edgar too, it just seems like it should have happened.
It's just a bigger name on your resume of someone who is far past their prime. That's not an achievement. It's a less exaggerated of Shaub beating Crocop.

Cerrone is 3-7 in his last 10.

True but Bendo didn't hurt him too much either with his famous punches to the legs attacks.

Benson actually did hurt Cerrone in that fight with a headkick in round 3, while Benson was never hurt himself.

It's just a bigger name on your resume of someone who is far past their prime. That's not an achievement. It's a less exaggerated of Shaub beating Crocop.

Cerrone is 3-7 in his last 10.
Wrong he's 4-6, it's pretty poor form that people are looking to detract from Conor in case he wins by saying Cowboy is done just 7-8 months after he beat Al Iaquinta.

And when you look closer the guys who have beat him hardly mean he's washed up.

He's lost to

Masvidal 170
Till 170
Lawler 170
Gaethje 155
Ferguson 155
Edwards 170

Conor's last win was against Eddie Alvarez in 2016, since 2016 Cerrone has beat

Patrick Cote 170
Cowboy Oliveria 170
Rick Story 170
Yancy Medeiros 170
Mike Perry 170
Matt Brown 170
Alexander Hernandez 155
Al Iaquinta 155

Gee yersel a slap mate.

Wrong he's 4-6, it's pretty poor form that people are looking to detract from Conor in case he wins by saying Cowboy is done just 7-8 months after he beat Al Iaquinta.

And when you look closer the guys who have beat him hardly mean he's washed up.

He's lost to

Masvidal 170
Till 170
Lawler 170
Gaethje 155
Ferguson 155
Edwards 170

Conor's last win was against Eddie Alvarez in 2016, since 2016 Cerrone has beat

Patrick Cote 170
Cowboy Oliveria 170
Rick Story 170
Yancy Medeiros 170
Mike Perry 170
Matt Brown 170
Alexander Hernandez 155
Al Iaquinta 155

Gee yersel a slap mate.

Okay so that's 4-6. I stand corrected. That's pathetic and not even .500.

He lost his last two matches brutally as well, against LW's gaethje and Ferguson.

The fact that Conor picked Cowboy over Gaethje speaks volumes.

he's a part time member of the just bleed club. almost got revoked when he started that hugging and kissing shit against yancy. UFC should deduct money from their purses every time fighters touches gloves after the fight starts

Funny thing is .his best wins are better than bj penns best wins
Bjs resume look like trash if u compare it

Okay so that's 4-6. I stand corrected. That's pathetic and not even .500.

He lost his last two matches brutally as well, against LW's gaethje and Ferguson.

The fact that Conor picked Cowboy over Gaethje speaks volumes.

Omg you're right so pathetic why hasn't he been cut yet omg

People want to put him down as a way to put McGregor down, it's both pathetic and disgraceful.

But he lost to Gaethje and Tony so he sucks now
He doesn't suck, but he hasn't proved his worth at 155lbs lately.

He's been away from the division, and since being back, he hasn't really shown he's a top contender, and certainly not a top 5 contender.

I love Cowboy and don't want to shit on him, but since he's been back his only good win was over Iaquinta. I'm just calling it how it is, and Cowboy isn't some world beater than will give Conor the credit he's looking for with a win. It's a great comeback fight for Conor, but it doesn't raise his stock a lot, especially since he's demanding title shots from a win.

Do you really think a win over current Cowboy should grant Conor a WW title shot? A LW title shot? A BMF belt shot (if Jorge even gives him one)?

As much as I like Cerrone, a gatekeeper is the most he'll ever be. You really think he'll be a champ? Nah, but he's no can. Sherdoggers need to brush up on their vocabulary.

Back