The sheer hubris that JDS fans showed going into Cain rematch was unreal.

I'm a JDS fan and you have it completely backwards. JDS took a 25 minute beating and showed very little offense. Cain got caught. Could he get KO'ed again? Sure but the second fight was much more definitive than the first.

what makes it more "definitive"? sound subjective to me...on one hand, Cain manhandled JDS for the entire fight and showed a well balanced attack and aggression throught but couldnt put him away...on the otherhand, JDS put his fierce boxing on display and destroyed Cain in under a minute and put him to bed leaving Cain no chance whatsoever but to go to sleep...idk...both were impressive for different reasons...dont think anyone has anything backwards...theres a legitimate arguement for both sides but saying Cain just "got caught" is simply a weak ass arguement...you imply Cain cant be knocked out unless by some fluke punch and that JDS isnt known for smashing HWs w/ only his fists...Cain "got caught" in the sense that he got punched in the head...nothing flukey about it tho...Cain has been dropped before in fights...JDS did what hes done to the entire division...that night his skill set won...in the rematch, Cain did what hes done to the entire division and his skill set won...this is what should be expected when you have 2 of the absolute best HWs fighting on multiple occassions...

Owes an apology? Are you fucking kidding me?

The amount of shit that JDS got from Cain fans was pure ridiculous. Granted, there are always notable exceptions, but in general it was pretty bad and undeserving.

If you didn't bash JDS and were a Cain fan, then I applaud you. But it was, in general, laughable what some of those Cain fans were saying about Junior.

JDS clearly had a better showing by the KO victory, and looked dominant in their first fight. I have absolutely nothing to apologize for

lol awesome thread

Keep on generalizing TS, as a JDS fan I did not try and make anyone believe Cain is/was a can.

That said, one of the two finished the other in a minute four. The other won a UD in 5 rounds. I know which one I think is more impressive.

So yes, any HW fighter can be beaten, but the same can be said for any MMA fighter, not just HW.

And I think warrants an apology.

Not to "Cain Fans" or anything, but to the MMA fan population in general. The sheer amount of arrogance, underappreciation of Cain's abilities, and disregard for the rest of MMA fans that JDS fans showed was unacceptable. It is trumped only by the one-sided beating JDS received at the hands of a guy JDS fans would make you believe is a can.

Time to eat crow. You made yourselves look foolish. Cain has always been for real and any HW can be beaten. It's HW MMA for god's sake.

I'm one of the biggest JDS fans if not the bigger around here, and nope, I never underestimated Cain's abilities, I knew he was going to get beat in the firts fight because he would feel tempted to stand and bang with Junior, and it happened, and when the second fight was coming and after watching Cain's performance against Bigfoot, and the fisrt seconds of the Dos santos/ Mir fight, I knew Junior was in trouble, specially considering he was acting arrogant and over confident in all his comments towards Cain, search my posts, I never underestimated Cain, and I even stated the fight would definitly be diferent and that Cain would give JDS a round for his money, or could flat out beat him.

So no, no crow for me, but just some harsh 25 minutes during UFC 155... :(

So you want people to apologize for sharing their opinion about the fighters they are behind? GL with that shit lol.

And this is Sherdog, who doesn't look foolish at times?

i sure as hell do.

check out my sig from a bet i lost that started in a jds cain thread lol.

Goes both ways TS.

Yes JDS fans were being over the top most of the time.

The whole issue of the first fight quick KO not necessarily being repeatable or an indication of what would happen the second fight was treated poorly.

I hope they now understand that amongst top fighters quick KO's, while maybe exciting, are arguably one of the hardest things to judge who has the advantage in the second fight.

I guess the oddsmakers in Vegas should apologize also since they had the fight 2 to 1 in favor of JDS.

The TS should apologize for making this thread.

The level of jackassery involved in demanding an apology for someone liking and believing in JDS is astonishing.

I'm a JDS fan and you have it completely backwards. JDS took a 25 minute beating and showed very little offense. Cain got knocked out 64 seconds into the first round and showed zero offense after that..

Fixed that for you Kirk! :cool:

i dont recall Cain fans offering up any apologies after their boy was KTFO'd by JDS on FOX so dont expect any in return...now if JDS gets his trilogy fight and beats Cain, i wanna see str8 up honorable E-suicides on sherdog cause i have never seen so many disrespectful threads and comments made towards JDS then after UFC 155...far outweighs anything anyone ever said about Cain...

This is also a sad thing, most idiots were saying Cain would destroy Junior easily before the firts fight, and later then they had to admit Velaquez was not up for the task, but no one ever apologized for the trash they wrotte.

Again I don't agree with the TS that anyone owes an apology but the heart of the issue for those who do not know what he was referring to was a lot of JDS fans being quite obnoxious over the idea that a quick KO finish is not always a good measure of the respective skills of the two fighters and how they might match up in a rematch.

To suggest Cain might not only have a good chance but could potentially win the rematch was treated as if almost trollish by many.

Fact is that if you have a fight between two top fighters and it ends via quick KO then you really have not learned much about how the fighters match up. Before they fought the first time we all knew JDS has the potential to catch and KO any HW if he lands his big shot. So seeing it actually happen tells us almost nothing we did not know.

Maybe he can do it again and maybe he gets dominated and loses the nexxt 3 times he fights him. A quick KO gives you so little information and it was on that point that JDS were over the top.

And I think warrants an apology.

Not to "Cain Fans" or anything, but to the MMA fan population in general. The sheer amount of arrogance, underappreciation of Cain's abilities, and disregard for the rest of MMA fans that JDS fans showed was unacceptable. It is trumped only by the one-sided beating JDS received at the hands of a guy JDS fans would make you believe is a can.

Time to eat crow. You made yourselves look foolish. Cain has always been for real and any HW can be beaten. It's HW MMA for god's sake.

jQxTA.gif
jQxTA.gif

jQxTA.gif
jQxTA.gif

Should we go back in time too and have Boxing experts apologize to Muhammad Ali for thinking he would get trash by George Foreman?

So...who's going to be the first to apologize? That person can start with me as I'm part of the mma community.

Ts you owe an apology for this thread

Back