The second you start thinking "MMA fans are the worst" go take a look at

He's a fan but he only gets coverage because he's a famous MMA fighter. He doesn't have that look that WWE wants. He's a pudgy dude who is barely 5'10 at best. Yet he can beat up the entire WWE roster irl if he wanted to. He likes it. But he doesn't take it seriously. I highly doubt he watches every raw, every smack down, every NXT. Or is WXT? I forget. Or every WWE PPV. Seeing him celebrate at a big event. Not a big deal.

You said "if" he was a fan
He certainly is one
Many MMA guys are
They take it for what it is ... fun (when good)

Do some take it too seriously? of course

But most of the hardcore wrestling fans that bitch are not WWE fans.
They are fans of the other "orgs"
There is a huge difference between "Pro Wrestling" & "Sports Entertainment"

But there are certainly a lot of "cringe" fans

If they have children and they enjoy it as a family. I get that. But I know this guy who is almost 50 and he still watches. He's single never married no kids. I think to myself no fucking wonder. Most of the wwe fan base are single males. While I've noticed more mma fans at certain ages have families and wives. While an adult who still watches it, he never grew up. It's kind of sad really. You have to have a childish side to enjoy pro wrestling. Especially today. I know DC is a fan, but he has small children. He enjoys it with them. It's a chance to be silly, have fun, which is fine. But if DC was really a fan, he would have tried WWE long before trying mma. Dude was an Olympian.

My problem with WWE isn't that it's silly. Movies, video games and such can be silly but still really great. I just have trouble seeing the appeal of WWE for adults. The "stories" in WWE are extremely cheesy and the acting is usual cringe. The fighting looks SO much worse when you grow up and can clearly see how ridiculous all those moves are in real life. The punches are a good example. Kids can probably believe those are real punches but when you see actual fights like in the UFC those punches just look goofy as hell. I don't see how this appeals to adults that they can see and watch it for so long. It's essentially a male soap opera.

You said "if" he was a fan
He certainly is one
Many MMA guys are
They take it for what it is ... fun (when good)

Do some take it too seriously? of course

But most of the hardcore wrestling fans that bitch are not WWE fans.
They are fans of the other "orgs"
There is a huge difference between "Pro Wrestling" & "Sports Entertainment"

But there are certainly a lot of "cringe" fans
Way too many cringe fans. And it's super cringe to clarify between prowrestling and sports entertainment. Aren't they the same? I thought by the late 90s they went the sport entertainment route indefinitely. (I used to be a huge fan back then) but as the older I got the less interested I got into it. It's kind of like comic book movies. I'm over it and the only comic book movie I saw recently was Deadpool 2. The Infinity war movies, and thor, etc. Guardians of the galaxy. I'm just so burned out I don't even watch them. They made like 2 reboots of Spider-Man since tobey macquire etc. The point I'm getting at. I don't like too much fantasy and fiction in my life. I'd rather read non fiction or a video on how to fix an alternator or something of that nature. Where I feel too many adults these days aren't even adults. They have their heads too wrapped up in fiction and fantasy. I try to limit the amount of fantasy content I consume. It becomes really silly to me when I think about it.

Way too many cringe fans. And it's super cringe to clarify between prowrestling and sports entertainment. Aren't they the same?

If they were the same I wouldn't have said they were very different.

Also having knowledge that there is a difference is not "cringe".
That is like saying MMA & Boxing are the same because they are both combat sports.

If they were the same I wouldn't have said they were very different.

Also having knowledge that there is a difference is not "cringe".
That is like saying MMA & Boxing are the same because they are both combat sports.
I kind of want to know the difference. Is sports entertainment more like super hero cartoonish type wrestling where pure prowrestling is more like an exhibition? Like old UWFi? Because the style seems too similar when it comes to in ring work. They still do flips and unrealistic stuff for show. I've heard of "strong style" but I don't really know what that means if it's UWFi style of wrestling which I haven't seen since the early 90s.

I kind of want to know the difference. Is sports entertainment more like super hero cartoonish type wrestling where pure prowrestling is more like an exhibition? Like old UWFi? Because the style seems too similar when it comes to in ring work. They still do flips and unrealistic stuff for show. I've heard of "strong style" but I don't really know what that means if it's UWFi style of wrestling which I haven't seen since the early 90s.

You are pretty close

Here are highlights from NJPW

They take it seriously in Japan
You have places like Mexico that seem silly with mask & crazy hi-flying, but to that culture that is severely important.
Most places wrestling is not for children, WWE became family oriented & coined "Sports entertainment"

but check out this fact ...
There are far fewer "under 18" watching now than ever
The Attitude Era with middle fingers, blood, hot chicks drew more younger because it was "cooler"

The people Vince hired (George Barrios & Michelle Wilson) are the true genius of WWE.
They turned a shit product that lost viewers into a pop culture mainstay.

When Vince steps down, HHH will be the head of creative & WWE will make more sense & be less "offensive" to ones intelligence
That is why so many wrestling fans dislike WWE. Vince is so senile he changes his mind hourly & even the better stories make no sense & insult intelligence

Nice back/forth as usual my man

You are pretty close

Here are highlights from NJPW

They take it seriously in Japan
You have places like Mexico that seem silly with mask & crazy hi-flying, but to that culture that is severely important.
Most places wrestling is not for children, WWE became family oriented & coined "Sports entertainment"

but check out this fact ...
There are far fewer "under 18" watching now than ever
The Attitude Era with middle fingers, blood, hot chicks drew more younger because it was "cooler"

The people Vince hired (George Barrios & Michelle Wilson) are the true genius of WWE.
They turned a shit product that lost viewers into a pop culture mainstay.

When Vince steps down, HHH will be the head of creative & WWE will make more sense & be less "offensive" to ones intelligence
That is why so many wrestling fans dislike WWE. Vince is so senile he changes his mind hourly & even the better stories make no sense & insult intelligence

Nice back/forth as usual my man

then what the hell is this??

MMA fans who shit on wrestling probably weren't around when wrestling was actually entertaining. If you saw WWE for the first time after say 2004 I'd get why you'd think it's fully retarded because it is. A lot of old school pro wrestling fans (myself included) actually transitioned from pro wrestling once another viable option that was equally entertaining was available, for me that was Pride FC around '02-03. There's also far more parallels between the two than most MMA fans are willing to admit, Conor, Chael and Colby heavily borrow their shtick from pro wrestling, Pride FC had the entrances, a lot of the pre-fight build ups surrounding feuds come across very pro wrestling-esque. I get why some people don't like it because they don't really get what it is, they think it's trying to be a sport when it's not. There's also the option of liking BOTH but that's a stretch for most people.

NASCAR and pro wrestling fans are tied for the worst. Then cricket. The best fans are equestrian and polo fans.

I agree however think that does only apply to hardcore fans, me and most of our friends like WWE, we barely watch RAW/SD and most of the ppv in a bar or hooters but we are no hardcore fans that watch every single show, I have see how badly those hardcore fans react to the product, it's so fucking pathetic and insane how mentally challenged some of them seems to be.

What I find funny also is how UFC fans always talk shit about their fans and WWE but the WWE fans doesn't have much to say about UFC product and also even respect it lol

My problem with WWE isn't that it's silly. Movies, video games and such can be silly but still really great. I just have trouble seeing the appeal of WWE for adults. The "stories" in WWE are extremely cheesy and the acting is usual cringe. The fighting looks SO much worse when you grow up and can clearly see how ridiculous all those moves are in real life. The punches are a good example. Kids can probably believe those are real punches but when you see actual fights like in the UFC those punches just look goofy as hell. I don't see how this appeals to adults that they can see and watch it for so long. It's essentially a male soap opera.

WWE pretty much is "Novela para hombres"

Last edited:
tfw The only way to make MMA fans look good is by comparing them to autistic basement dwelling manchildren who follow a non-sport
{<jordan}

Honestly there's not that much difference. <45>

And I love pro-wrestling...

....prior to 1993. :cool:

Way too many cringe fans. And it's super cringe to clarify between prowrestling and sports entertainment. Aren't they the same? I thought by the late 90s they went the sport entertainment route indefinitely. (I used to be a huge fan back then) but as the older I got the less interested I got into it. It's kind of like comic book movies. I'm over it and the only comic book movie I saw recently was Deadpool 2. The Infinity war movies, and thor, etc. Guardians of the galaxy. I'm just so burned out I don't even watch them. They made like 2 reboots of Spider-Man since tobey macquire etc. The point I'm getting at. I don't like too much fantasy and fiction in my life. I'd rather read non fiction or a video on how to fix an alternator or something of that nature. Where I feel too many adults these days aren't even adults. They have their heads too wrapped up in fiction and fantasy. I try to limit the amount of fantasy content I consume. It becomes really silly to me when I think about it.
I was with you for the first half. I’m not into super hero movies as I think they’re rather immature and don’t appeal to me. Then it got a little cringed when you started talking about how you ration your fantasy time and read non fiction and watch lame videos on the internet. You kind of sound boring in this post

I was with you for the first half. I’m not into super hero movies as I think they’re rather immature and don’t appeal to me. Then it got a little cringed when you started talking about how you ration your fantasy time and read non fiction and watch lame videos on the internet. You kind of sound boring in this post
I read a lot of how to books and videos. That's how I improved in BJJ. We watch MMA don't we? Or grappling and other educational stuff right? How is that lame? I also keep up on current events and news/politics. I like fantasy/fiction but I can only take so much of it. How does that make me lame?

I read a lot of how to books and videos. That's how I improved in BJJ. We watch MMA don't we? Or grappling and other educational stuff right? How is that lame? I also keep up on current events and news/politics. I like fantasy/fiction but I can only take so much of it. How does that make me lame?
Maybe you're not but your post made you sound hella lame.

Back