The second coming of Lard-ass: lifting and MT

sunday squatday

Just practising my squat powerliftingstyle. Cant do reglular olympic style cause my hipflexor is fucked. Less pain w powerliftingstyle cause the widerstance. Is weaker in pl squat than olympic style. seems like Im starting from square one again.

50x8
50x8
50x8
80x6
80x6
80x6

Hacklift x 5 set. (cant find any other exercise to target the front quads in full rom):icon_sad:

Calves

Pinching plates
40 (2x20) x 25sek x 2set
wristcurls
drunken master wristflips

Wed Backday (dont bother to write everything)

Sumos (speed)
130x3
130x3
130x3
130x3
130x8

and some BOR
50x10 (x5set)

and some other shit

Friday Pushday

Bench
100x6
105x6
110x5

Push press
50x8
55x8
60x7

Dips
35x10 !
25x7 (gased out)

NOTE: Been depressed the last two weeks, bad stomach, sleeping bad, nervous and shaky, headaches, feeling empty of power. Surprised that the pushworkout went pretty good. was prepared for real shitty results cause of the depression and weight loss.
Training is the only thing that relieves the anxiety, feels totally fine when Im working out and postworkout. And I

Hip/lower back pains can screw your life up. Make sure you do what the Physical Therapist tells you to do. It took me months to get my back straightened out. I still have some pain but its managable. Good luck amigo

thanx senor bacon.

Having backpains suck. However, atleast now I know what causes the pain, before I thought it was bad lifting technique. Its a bummer though, having big plans for lifting this year, and my back repeadetly keeps fucking up my squatting and deadlifting on and off since last summer.

another squat-day. Taking it a little easy cause of the treatment of naprapat Im going through.

Found out that my hipflexor hurt less when I just do shoulderwide stance. And I can also move more weights in that stance compared to widestance pl style. Should be the other way around though.

Squat
80x10
80x10
80x10

Bottom position squat, widestance pl style, starting below parallell. Strangely enough, this pl style doesnt hurt when I start from the bottom, But they where tough as hell I tell ya.

Just doing sets of 5 reps

60, 60, 70, 70

Hacklift, full rom,
40x10
40x10
50x10

Pinching plates, wristcurls, calfraises
lots of sets with 50x10

Running in deepsnow (kneedeep). tough as hell. had to stop every 50 meters to aviod puking my guts out. hellagood workout though:icon_chee

Wed Backday.

Easy sumos
130x3
130x3
130x3

Easy
Regular dl

120x5
120x7

Tried bent over row, but now my fucked up back cramped up!!!!! had shooting pain and stiffness in lower and upper back a couple of days. Still not good on sunday. Have figured out that my back cant take any static load. Deadlifts and other stuff is just fine, but BOR or GM just fucks up my back.

finished some dumbellrow sets dispite the pain.
40x8
40x8

Pullups
bwx8
15x6
15x5

Biceps, cablecurl just to keep the tendonitis in control
45x10
55x10
55x8

Saturday Pushday because of the pain in back, no pushpresses, just some sitting db press

25x10
25x8
25x8
25x6
25x7
(only 1 minute of rest in between)

Standing dumbell sideraise (arm completely extended)
8x10
8x8
8x8
8x6

Dips (did extra many sets cause of no benching due to backpain...)
30x8 (saved some reps to be able to pump out 5 sets)
30x8
30x7
30x6
bwx10

squatday. because of pain in lowerback, wich is better but not gone, no heavy squatting.

Just working on my technique in olympic style squat. bar high on the traps, feet shoulderwide.

50x10 (lots of sets)

PL squat 50x10 also lots of sets

And my favorite the mix of pl and oly, feet shoulderwide with bar low
50x10 a couple of sets.

Calfpresses
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10

Pinching plates
40x35 seconds!!!!!!!!
40x30
40x20

Quadext
70x8
70x7
70x8

This autumn (in september) I had cut my weight down to 75 kg/165lb). And I felt real ready to take a shot at gaining some weight and strength and not be fat as a pig. My previous efforts from the past has proved one thing, I tend to pack on much fat when I start to gain weight.
This time I had a plan, I cleaned up my diet, kept doing cardio once or twice a week and started lifting. But I aint happy with the results. I tried gaining weight at a slow paste, but then I didnt see any progress, then I started bulking up in a faster pace, then I initially got some god results. However, recently Ive noticed that most of the weight I gain is fat. Current bw 82 kg/181 lb)
Probably I can blame some part of this on my fucked up back which has held my squatting and deadlifting back, and being depressed and stressed out on an off. But nonetheless Im gonna try something else: Im gonna periodisize my diet as proposed in Akerfeldts theory "anabolic burst of cycling diet and exercise".

According to the theory, the first two weeks of over-eating the body responds by raising testosteron, growth hormone, insulin, igf-1 levels and filling up the triglycerid-storage in the musclecells wich causes the body to use the excess calories to build muscles instead of storing calories as fat. But after two weeks, the body gets used to the excess of calories and starts storing them as fat, therefore you start cutting down drastically for two weeks, draining the body from glucogen and triglycerid-levels and loosing fat along w some muscles. But again after app. two weeks the body gets used to the lower level of calories and adjust its metabolism and starts breaking down more muscles to use as energy. Before this happens, you starts over-eating again. In the end you gain more muscles than fat during bulking weeks, and loose more fat than muscles during cutting weeks. The result: net gain of muscles over the whole cycle despite loosing bf.

Apperaeantly, there are conflicting opinions about this, some say it works, others say its bs. But It sounds logic cause Ive noticed that I always get good results the first weeks or month of a real megabulk and then the results drop and I get fat, so maybe.
But Im gonna give it a go. atleast one cycle, if that gives results, I stick to it.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/abcde/v58_abc1.asp

Heres my plan

week 1 and 2 (cutting down weeks) eating just about 1500 calories, and keeping up the cardio to prepare for the bulkweeks. (3 and 4).
Week 3 and 4, overeating: 4000-3500 calories + creatin.

Hopefully my back is well again in 2 weeks so I can start squatting and dl heavy...

During cutting weeks, morning walks and 1 hour cardio 2 x week. Going for lighter weights in the gym due to beeing drained of energy. this two weeks I just lift for maintainence. No deadlift.

During bulkweeks, no cardio, just lifting the usual 3 x weeks.

THIS WEEK HAS GONE TO SHIT BECAUSE OF BACKPAINS.

Backday (no dl this week)
Dumbellrow
40x8
40x8
40x8

Hyperext
30x10
35x10
40x8

Pullups
bwx8, 8, 6

Cablecurl
55x8
55x8
55x8

Pressday
Bench
90x10
90x10

Pushpress
50x8
50x8
50x8

And some other stuff...

Squatday

olympic style quat (these are so goddamn heavy)
70x10
70x10

Squat w bar lower on the back
80x10
80x7 (had to stop at 7 cause my back cramped up again:mad: x 1000)

Calfpresses
50x10 x a couple of sets.

Calfpress in machine
100x10
100x6

Grip and forearmwork, pinching plates, wristcurls, reverse wristcurls

+ doing cardio twice this week

NOTE: my back cramped up twice this week. first on friday having pain the whole saturday, pain gone sunday morning, but my back cramped up again when squatting so right now my back is all cramped up, stiff and hurts. Going for back-treatment every week and have started pnf-stretching my hipflexors, AND my naprapat told me that this could happen when starting to loosen up the back, so hopefully this means that my hipflexors is getting better, but my lower back hasnt get used to the new flexibility in my hipflexor so maybe thats way it keeps cramping up.

NOTE: finished the first week of cutting down. Have gone for morning walks and starved myself the whole week (1500 kcal aint much). Feel all empty of power when at the gym. The first sets goes ok, but when the lactic acid builds up, Im all gased out due to no "pump" at all in the body, not that I am looking for any "pump", but this just proves that my glucogen and triglycerin - storage in my body is drained. Just another week to go before I can start eating again. You never realize how good food taste when you have to starve...

Bought a new scale cause my old when wasnt really reliable. Found out that the old one showed app. 1 kg less.
before starting bulk my weight fluctuated between 81 - 83 kg(179 - 183lb) so I dont know which weight to calculate my weight loss from.

After one week of starving, bw down to 79,9kg /176lb). Lets see how next week goes.

this weeks workout (including cardio x 2)

Backday

Dumbellrow
40x8
40x8
40x8

Pullups
bwx8x8x6

Shrugs (with back totally straight, shoulders pulled back)
50x10
60x10
60x10

Hypersext.
30x10
35x10
40x8

+ some hamstring and biceps

Pressday

Pushpress
50x8
50x8
50x8 (the first 6 strictpresses)

Lying decline dumbellpress
35x8
35x8
35x8

Dips
20x10
20x10

+ some rotatorcuff, cableflies and dumbellsideraises

Squat

Olympic style squat (keeping the bar high on the traps seem to put less strain on the lower back wich prevents the back from cramping up, dont wanna fuck up the back cause next week is time for DEADLIFT )
Slow and strict, going low, some sets done w pause.

70x8
70x8
70x8
70x8
70x8
70x8

+ gripwork pinching plates 45, 40, 40, wristcurls, calfraises.

NOTE: back is getting better, no cramping up this week.

2 weeks of starving is completed, just 2 more days until I start mega-bulking (tuesday)

Have going for morning walks before breakfast 5 times and eating clean. Oatmeal, chicken, fish, vegetables, lots of carrots and proteinshakes.

BW down to 78.2kg (172lb). On tuesday morning Im hopefully at 78 kg even. Been surpisingly strong despite being drained of glucogen and triglycerides, so hopefully this means my weigthloss is mostly fat (not counting the loss of glycogen and trigl.)
On tuesday I start eating app 4000kcal/day and aiming at gaining 3-5 kg (6.6-11lb) the next two weeks (not counting the creatin) including creatin I should gain another 1-2 kg of waterretention in the muscles.

Lets see how next week goes...

End of starving. bw down to 77.9kg(171.8lb) In 16 days, I

Had a discussion w people on a thread claiming that its possible to put on 10 kg of muscle/year, I stated its only possible to gain 2 or maybe 3 kg. Just wanted to save this quote directed at me.

Been kind of worried thinking of it.:icon_cry2 10 kg, and I

Pullday

deadlift - sumostyle
150x3 (felt fucking heavy)
160x3 (BAD form on the last one)

Been more then a month since last heavy dl (did 170x3) but since then my back has been fucked up a couple of time so thats probably why I was so weak today. Seems lack of consistency is holding me back.

Reglular dl
120x7
120x7

Dumbellrow (started doing them on bench which is harder than standing on the floor w both feet)

45x8
45x8
40x8

Shruft
60x10
70x10
80x10

Pullups
bwx8, 8, 8

Hypers
20x10
20x10

Legcurl
60x8
60x8

Bicepskonc.cable
40x8
55x8
60x8
60x7

Pressday

Bench
90x5
100x6
105x5
100x6
100x5
(this sucked ass)

Cableflies
22,5 x 2 set

Ohp
50x6 Strict
50x5 + 3 (strictx pushpress)
50x3+3
Pushpress 50x7

Dips
25x8
25x8

Squat and forearms

Ghey-outerthighs as warmup x 3 set

Squat - oly-style, deep with bar high up on traps.

70x8
80x8
80x8
80x8
80x8
80x6 (damn it feels much harder when you dip your ass deep and well below parallel so you have to pull up your ass back up to parallel and then push yourself rest of the way)

Legpress
170x12
170x10
170x10 (just wanted to kill my legs)

Calfpresses + gripperwork.

Bulking update: finished my 6:th day of bulking today, have gained 2.3 kg so far (77,9 to 80,2). Have forgotten how terrible it is to forcefeed. After 2 weeks of starving my stomach had shrunk making it eaven harder to eat shitloads of food. But I did it anyway, I ate till I felt fucking sick. I even felt sick at the gym, felt like I was going to puke when doing dl and stuff. Feels almost like a fever in the body, being so fucking stuffed so I had to take a step down thursday and friday.
Anyhow, no progress at all this week, seems like this week Im paying for the 2 weeks of cutting, with loosing musclemass I havent been able to regain yet. But I keep going next week also to see If this periodization-thing is something to stick with.

btw, the gym was filled w dumb-asses today. when I squatted, I observed 5 other dumbasses doing 1/4 squat (about 20 cm/8 inch ROM) with too much weight. OMG where do this dumbasses comefrom? All doing the same mistakes, knees drifting out, and just going straight down, stopping not even halfway to parallell. Especially disturbing was when some dude "learning" his 2 skinny noob friends how to squat. Just sad... Dont know why I get so riled up.

Last weeks workouts. (have taken a week off lifting).

Back

Sumo
120x3
140x1
150x1
160x1
170x1

Regular DL

120x5
130x7

Dumbellrow
45x8
45x8
40x8

Shrugs
70x10
70x10
70x10

Pullups
Bwx10,8.5

Hypers
25x10
25x10

Legcurl
60x8
60x8

Cablecurls (just to keep my tendonitis in check)
40x10
60x10
60x8
60x6

Pressday

Bench
100x6
100x6
100x7

Cableflies
22,5x10
22,5x9

OHP strict
50x6
50x5
Pushpress
50x10

Dips
30x8
35x8

Tricepsropepull
65x7
65x6

Squat Oly style, bar high, ass to the grass

80x8
80x8
80x8
80x8
80x8
80x8

and some gripwork, wristcurls and calfpresses.

Results of 4 weeks cycle: inconclusive. Failed at eating as much as I was supposed to, due to feeling sick all the time (from creatine). Discovered the second week that the creatine made me sick.

Although the results are interesting enough to give the cycle another go.

Heres what happened:

1) feeling like a fever in the body due to the excess of calories. The body trying to get rid of all excess kcalories by raising body temperature.

2) Acne-attack. My face greased up and felt oily during bulking. Probably due to raised testosterone-levels. Had not experienced this acne-attack for long time, especially during this (cold) time a year.

3) gaining weight during bulking but not putting on any fat.

due to having a bad scale at the beginning of the cycle, I cant now for sure the results. I do now that I weighed 82kg +/- 1 kg. Bought a new scale during cycle.

Starting weight 81-83 kg (probably 82)
Weight after cutting-phase 77.9 (bodyfat down 2%) This weight includes drained glucogen and triglycerids-storage. (used a manual caliper, measured many times, and calculating an average).

Weight after bulking (completed cycle) 80.7kg (bodyfat still down 2%) (after creatine has worn off and after stabilizing glucogen and triglycerid-storage). Not gaining any fat during bulking.
Because of not knowing my exact starting weight, I

Praise the lord, my back is getting better and better, I can squat, and even do BOR, GM and RDL without my back cramping up!!:icon_chee :icon_chee :icon_chee :icon_chee

Back