The Samson Option?

giphy.gif

I don't have names. Thieves and robbers are always anonymous.

This is the kind of thing the generals would say no to
Except ones that want to be involved at the start of the military engagement, retire a few months later, and make sweet "consultant cash" in the private sector as we get stuck in a quagmire in the Gulf.

Except ones that want to be involved at the start of the military engagement, retire a few months later, and make sweet "consultant cash" in the private sector as we get stuck in a quagmire in the Gulf.
Of course not. Those guys would load up their bank accounts

How many of these goddamned threads are there going to be

The allegations of, "voter fraud" are meaningless. Even the majority of Republicans admit that if it can be proven, it will be on far too small a scale to change the result of the election. The Supreme Court isn't getting involved. Trump cannot win.

But can he ensure that Biden still loses?

Trump is still President for two months. Which means he officially still controls the most powerful military on earth. He's already started replacing senior Pentagon officials with men who are loyal to him.

Donald Trump puts ultra-loyalists in top jobs after Pentagon purge | Daily Mail Online

So my question is: can Trump somehow take military action against, say, Iran that escalates into open warfare? Thus leaving Biden with a huge mess to clear up? This is what the Israelis, when discussing their Nuclear weapons, call The Samson Option: if you know you're going to lose, bring down the temple on your enemies' heads and take them with you. Of course, this would incredibly, dangerously, irresponsible and have massive implications on a global scale. But this is Donald J Trump we're talking about...

As far as I know, the entire US political system is set up precisely to limit the power of the POTUS, just in case he does indeed go Full Retard. Does Trump need the permission of the Senate to order military action against a country like Iran? Or should I grab a shovel and start building my fall out shelter now?;)
Does Trump have the ability to do that? Yes.

Would he? No.

Trump & Kushner's money is in real estate, not defense contracting. They want to be able to sell more hotels/golf courses in the GCC. They won't be able to do that if the region is in flames.

The allegations of, "voter fraud" are meaningless. Even the majority of Republicans admit that if it can be proven, it will be on far too small a scale to change the result of the election. The Supreme Court isn't getting involved. Trump cannot win.

But can he ensure that Biden still loses?

Trump is still President for two months. Which means he officially still controls the most powerful military on earth. He's already started replacing senior Pentagon officials with men who are loyal to him.

Donald Trump puts ultra-loyalists in top jobs after Pentagon purge | Daily Mail Online

So my question is: can Trump somehow take military action against, say, Iran that escalates into open warfare? Thus leaving Biden with a huge mess to clear up? This is what the Israelis, when discussing their Nuclear weapons, call The Samson Option: if you know you're going to lose, bring down the temple on your enemies' heads and take them with you. Of course, this would incredibly, dangerously, irresponsible and have massive implications on a global scale. But this is Donald J Trump we're talking about...

As far as I know, the entire US political system is set up precisely to limit the power of the POTUS, just in case he does indeed go Full Retard. Does Trump need the permission of the Senate to order military action against a country like Iran? Or should I grab a shovel and start building my fall out shelter now?;)

You are an embarrassment to the Scottish people. Stop being a drama queen.

Trump started no new wars, he reduced troop levels, de-escalated North Korea, and even pulled off some Middle East peace deals.

This kind of crazy speculation that Trump is now going to become a Pro-War Hawk is ridiculous. You have a far far far greater chance of Biden starting new conflicts than Trump. How do people not know this?

Tulsi Gabbard is totally against new conflicts, that is why the Democrats burned her to the ground. I don't know if you Leftists are paying attention, but Obama/Biden were all in on conflicts, war, and death.

It depends on how long it takes for Trump to come to grips with the reality of his loss.
I'm sure sherdog will do it bad you're not just jerking off on each other with poorly written fan fiction

I'm sure sherdog will do it bad you're not just jerking off on each other with poorly written fan fiction
We aren't ejaculating on each other. We're circle jerking into a cup. Upcoming video: Two Trump sycophants and a cup.

I’m thinking Trump is going to take military action against the Dems...he’s going to hunt Sleepy Joe down the same way Bush hunted down Saddam..

Crossed the line into writing Trump fanfic now? At least you're going down with the ship. I'm sure Trump appreciates your undying loyalty.

Back