The Ronda Rousey that fought in Strikeforce would be champ today

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Think about it

The Rousey we saw late in her UFC run was a shell of the Ronda we saw in her early run in Strikeforce
The contrasts are many, but the major ones are
Shape

29OdQB4

and Aura
RONDA-CAGE-640.jpg

in the UFC she was out of shape, and she quickly lost her Aura when Uriah Faber almost RNC'd her in the first round. People forgot about it, but it made her human
And from there the cracks began to show
Without either of these things she was a sitting duck for fighters like Nunes and Holms

but lets think about this
Holm is an overrated point fighter whose crowning achievement is upsetting Unmotivated Ronda, and since then has been a disappointment

and Nunes, who would be her toughest test for sure, is a fighter with poor cardio
And in shape Ronda ready to go for 25 minutes I believe

discuss

and please be respectful

Champ in WWE maybe, but in the UFC? Nah

Think about it

The Rousey we saw late in her UFC run was a shell of the Ronda we saw in her early run in Strikeforce
The contrasts are many, but the major ones are
Shape

29OdQB4

and Aura
RONDA-CAGE-640.jpg

in the UFC she was out of shape, and she quickly lost her Aura when Uriah Faber almost RNC'd her in the first round. People forgot about it, but it made her human
And from there the cracks began to show
Without either of these things she was a sitting duck for fighters like Nunes and Holms

but lets think about this
Holm is an overrated point fighter whose crowning achievement is upsetting Unmotivated Ronda, and since then has been a disappointment

and Nunes, who would be her toughest test for sure, is a fighter with poor cardio
And in shape Ronda ready to go for 25 minutes I believe

discuss

and please be respectful

T+R+O+L+L = TROLL

Nice try

Dunno about that, but I forgot how hot Strikeforce Ronda was.

USADA started 2015. What years did Ronda really start chunking out? I'm not implying anything but maybe Sherdog investigators should get to work.

She might be back in shape soon with access to rasslin' roids.

Nah. Her demise was going to happen sooner or later. She just got lucky with the level of competition at the time and being matched up with bjj/wrestlers.

I'd love to blame mike dolce tho. I am sure his diet and extreme dehydration didn't help her one bit.

I think the better argument would be that Ronda Rousey won all those fights on her own raw talent because Edmond was a complete idiot. Maybe she would've lasted longer if she didn't stick with him.

Last edited:
0-35572

Be a better poster. Don't just dismiss opinions you disagree with as trolling. Present a logically sound argument to the contrary, or YOU'RE the troll not me.

You honestly think ronda at the start of her MMA career would be better then in her prime at the ufc??? Come on man..

She lost because she got cocky and thought she could stand with strikers agaisnt holm when her best skills were grappling and judo and she was mentally broken when she fought nunes..thats all nothing to do with her shape..she looked in phemonal shape for the nunes fight..got starched in 30 seconds..she should of never been allowed to fight that night her coaches failed her..thats why she lost stop trying to make excuse for a narcissistic women who couldnt handle the one fundamental thing about sports ..how to take a loss

Honestly it was less about the shape we was in and more turning into a sloppy brawler.

0-35572

Be a better poster. Don't just dismiss opinions you disagree with as trolling. Present a logically sound argument to the contrary, or YOU'RE the troll not me.
You know the song by queen - bohemian rhapsody. in the lyrics "Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango". I always hear Liz Carmouche, Carmouche will you do the fandango!

You honestly think ronda at the start of her MMA career would be better then in her prime at the ufc??? Come on man..

She lost because she got cocky and thought she could stand with strikers agaisnt holm when her best skills were grappling and judo and she was mentally broken when she fought nunes..thats all nothing to do with her shape..she looked in phemonal shape for the nunes fight..got starched in 30 seconds..she should of never been allowed to fight that night her coaches failed her..thats why she lost stop trying to make excuse for a narcissistic women who couldnt handle the one fundamental thing about sports ..how to take a loss
Oh my sweet summer child

Your argument is based on multiple naive assumptions
You don't know when her prime started, and you don't know when her prime ended
Ronda was a world class Judo player in high level national competition since her prepubescent days
Her prime was destined to be short, we have no idea the amount of wear and tear on his body. My argument, which you have failed to refute, is that her prime (defined as the intersection between physical ability and in-fight experience) was in Strikeforce because her physical ability waned more than the average fighters upon entering the UFC. And this could be due to a number of factors, including USADA, stress, fight schedule, media schedule etc. To me, it seems at least, she was at her best under the dimmer lights of Strikeforce. And if one could place that version of the fighter into bouts against Holm, Nunes, or any other top flight 135er today (of which there are not many) she would be competitive NAY the favorite in any of those fights

Ronda was a killer. She lost her drive for the sport and she thought she could just maintain and still be the best instead of doing the hard work to continue to improve. She stayed with a coach who supported her dillusions and didn’t push her because she was his gravy train.

The way it ended doesn’t erase the accomplishments before.

She could still compete. She just wasn’t mentally tough enough. If you fight the best eventually you will lose. These long 10 year streaks of the past were mainly due to poor competition and were manufactured. She couldn’t handle a loss, and on top of that had a poor team imo. Poor weight cuts, looked bloated, and bad fight plans. All she needed was defensive striking...forgot trying for knock outs...defensive striking until you get to your home on the ground, where no one was even close.

Back