The Ronda Rousey-Bethe Correia weigh in has 7.5 million+ views on youtube!

hmm ok..
FLTHTvQ.jpg

pretty much this with me too. Was like wtf.

My mom is a huge Cowboys fan, so I was telling her they may be holding a fight at Cowboys Stadium. She was like - oh yeh, that Ronda Rousey girl, she knocked that girl out in 34 seconds.

I was all

Tyler-Durden-Takes-off-sunglasses-shock-Fight-Club.gif

Names I've never seen here before hyping up ronda.

What a joke though, Ronda beats a can, looks sloppy doing it, and people acted like she cured cancer. The UFC really hyped it as a great accomplishment too, people ate it up and bought it. People pay Kourtney Kardashian's husband 100k to drink in the VIP section at a party too, so I have no idea whats going on anymore.

People are stupid. That's what. It's also nothing new. Sheep.

WTF is this? This a complete troll post for no reason you psycho? Just some stupid pic for no reason, WTF is wrong with you dude?

This thread has NOTHING to do with her looks, fool.

Pussies are gonna pussy. That asshole is just mad because no one gives a fekk about who he is, where he is, or what he does. The pseudo alpha males will continue to rage.

A lot of people watched a free video online. Crazy.

My mom is a huge Cowboys fan, so I was telling her they may be holding a fight at Cowboys Stadium. She was like - oh yeh, that Ronda Rousey girl, she knocked that girl out in 34 seconds.

I was all

Tyler-Durden-Takes-off-sunglasses-shock-Fight-Club.gif

Lol.

I can just imagine you snorting a drink out your nose when you heard that.

It really is crazy how mainstream she's become. I always had doubts whether we'd see a truly mainstream MMA star. I figured the peak would be some crap like Chuck Liddell on Dancing with the Stars.

Never in a million years would I have bet that the first mainstream MMA star would be a woman. On the other hand, I never thought I'd live long enough to see a black president either.

One thing for sure, life is full of surprises.

WTF is this? This a complete troll post for no reason you psycho? Just some stupid pic for no reason, WTF is wrong with you dude?

This thread has NOTHING to do with her looks, fool.

For no reason? Haven't you heard of Ronda Boo Boo? 20 years down the line that's exactly what she'll look like, if she's lucky.

The whims of the public. Hard to understand. Was playing Starcraft last night with a new friend. Ask him if he liked MMA. He says "I don't know anything about MMA. But I do know who Ronda Rousey is." My Uncle who doesn't even know who GSP is, called me after the RR fight to talk about her. My friend visited me from Cali. Doesn't even know anything about MMA. He was all hyped up about her. He was watching a movie with her and insisted I watch this one scene where she was fighting another girl. He was talking to the TV cheering her on.

If true that UFC 190 > 189 in terms of PPV buys, it's bizarre that more people would pay to see an obvious WMMA mismatch than two great title fights featuring guys.

It's not that bizzare.

People have always been into squash matches in combat sports... or any sort of individual competition, for that matter.

Hell, the Floyd v Manny debacle was at least twice as predictable as Ronda v Bethe.

People tune in to watch guys like Mike Tyson or Aleksandr Karelin or Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps make easy work of their top competition. Now RR has been added to that list.

In team sports, it's different. No one wants to watch a football or basketball team just crush its competition game after game. But even then, if there's a single player like Michael Jordan or Barry Sanders who's outclassing everyone else out there, the interest level rises substantially.

What a joke though, Ronda beats a can, looks sloppy doing it, and people acted like she cured cancer. The UFC really hyped it as a great accomplishment too, people ate it up and bought it. People pay Kourtney Kardashian's husband 100k to drink in the VIP section at a party too, so I have no idea whats going on anymore.

UFC really didn't hype anything for this fight. If you compared how much money they put in the hype machine in 189 to 190 it's quite a difference.

I dont know why some mma fans are salty about a fighter getting this much attention.

Back