The Rock

I seriously though that's what polarizing meant: everyone likes him. Are you sure that's the correct meaning of polarizing? *opens tab to dictionary.com* Damn you're right!

Polarizing:
to divide into sharply opposing factions, politicalgroups, etc.:
The controversy has polarized voters intoproabortion and antiabortion groups.

Hats off to you, sir!

Just think of the north and south poles. Where are they? At opposite ends of the Earth. They're not in the middle.

tumblr_ntnslzRzIu1rvzbdgo1_400.gif
[/Q

Yeh, I seriously thought this would be a discussion on the greatest action movie of all time, instead it's some lame wrassler/actor.

who has the link to the epic Rock meme thread? it used to be in P&M but now its gone 8[

Bookmark this page. Dwayne Johnson will run for political office.

He'll pick up where Schwartzenegger left off, and couldn't continue due to being not born in US, and go all way to Oval office if he wants it.

I've said for a few years he'll either play the US President on screen or be US President one day.

Drop a ton of weight, get a salt n pepper wig, he could play Obama in the biopic; when is that going into production?

Last edited:
He's over saturated but nobody expects anything other than his schtick.

Just think of the north and south poles. Where are they? At opposite ends of the Earth. They're not in the middle.
Ya I got it.

The worst thing is, I'm working on a book where polar oppositions plague the central plot. Fortunately, it's written in French and "polarizing" doesn't have a direct translation so I'm good. I would have been ashamed to make that mistake there. Thanks to everyone who pointed it out!

He's over saturated but nobody expects anything other than his schtick.
Yes. Normally, people with a "schtick" last a year or two and then disappear for eternity. The Rock has been "schticking up" his act for 20 years! I remember there was a phase where they tried to soften him (Tooth Fairy anyone?). Then, they really started focusing on his body and he gained a 100 pounds of muscle. It was the same shtick but the focus was elsewhere.

As long as people keep asking for more, The Rock will keep delivering. Anyone watched the "Rock the Troops" special? I've seen a couple of highlights but it looks really corny.

rock-the-troops-ts600.jpg

With "The Rock extra-light":
Keegan+Michael+Key+Spike+Rock+Troops+Show+ws8m9SiE4fBl.jpg

That's the only highlights I saw. That guy was asking soldiers to strike different poses then Dwayne hid behind them to surprise everyone! I don't have a vid, I just found this pic.

Ya I got it.

The worst thing is, I'm working on a book where polar oppositions plague the central plot. Fortunately, it's written in French and "polarizing" doesn't have a direct translation so I'm good. I would have been ashamed to make that mistake there. Thanks to everyone who pointed it out!

Are you sure it's "plague" the central plot? ;)

Back