The rock star missed the magnificent hour in Paris.

Not only Freedom fries, but French prevented the US from overflight over France of US bombers on their way to Libya for Lockerbie terrorism.

Damn... When I clicked on this thread I was hoping it would be about Bono. Something about his flight getting delayed and the agony he felt not being able to add this particular empty gesture feather to his social justice warrior cap.

biden missed an opportunity.. isn't he running in 2016?

Damn... When I clicked on this thread I was hoping it would be about Bono. Something about his flight getting delayed and the agony he felt not being able to add this particular empty gesture feather to his social justice warrior cap.

haha
Do you think that our president is not a rock star?
I think that he acts like a rock star
he ignores important things to play golf and loves fireworks

France bitterly, bitterly fought the US military intervention in the UN in 2003, opposing every way they possibly could. Does nobody remember anything anymore?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_and_the_Iraq_War

If that's what you call 'support,' I'd hate to see your understanding of 'opposition.' Probably involves dropping thermonuclear bombs. The Germans and French joined the UN stabilization force in Afghanistan, but they did little to fight the invasion itself in 2001. That was almost entirely Americans, Brits, Australians, and Canadians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)#2001:_Overthrow_of_the_Taliban

My point isn't that France and Germany wouldn't back the US when needed against terrorism, it's that they have hardly been enthusiastic supporters of the 'war on terror,' and in France's case, it has surely been the single most prominent and determined opponent of the US policy (not incorrectly).

And again, it hardly matters here because there's no question the US backs the French 100% against the CH terrorists ... it's not like Obama is going around making speeches demanding that France surrender to the Yemeni Al Qaeda.

:eek:

You might have a point with Afghanistan, but Iraq? Seriously? Because they opposed the Iraq war they aren't great allies of the US? The Iraq war was shit. There were no WMDs, and now the country is left in shambles with ISIS running around causing hell for locals.. And you blame France instead of your own government for acting stupid? Wtf kind of backwards American logic is this, Zank??

haha
Do you think that our president is not a rock star?
I think that he acts like a rock star
he ignores important things to play golf and loves fireworks

Wow, what a badass rock star.

Hey, who put this sparkler in my tee bag?

As a taxpayer I'm thankful he didn't spend a bunch of money just to make a "show" of it. Does the USA really need to convince other nations that it is against (and willing to fight) terror as a tool of political/social change?

It would have made them look good if someone of note attended, especially with them being apparently unable to even use the words "radical islam"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back