The rock star missed the magnificent hour in Paris.

armbarboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The United States did not march in solidarity on the world stage, in a gathering that drew more than 1.5 million people in the City of Lights to protest recent terrorist attacks against the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

President Barack Obama judged he had better things to do than lend a little love to France, a shattered nation. It was an hour of grief where French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and British Prime Minister David Cameron joined together as friends, not just allies.

What do you think about it?
If you were the President of the U.S. would you visit Paris?

What do you think about it?

I think it's horseshit that the US didn't attend. It's our biggest ally in the world and we snubbed them.

If you were the President of the U.S. would you visit Paris?

Absolutely. I would have cancelled anything coming up and been in Paris the second it was possible.

I think it's horseshit that the US didn't attend. It's our biggest ally in the world and we snubbed them.

Absolutely. I would have cancelled anything coming up and been in Paris the second it was possible.

Even if you like to play golf?

Our ambassador was there, should our president attend every mass killing? get over it.

Eh, given how much we fight (and contribute) to "terrorism," I think Obama shoulda been there. Poor form.

We should have had Biden or Kerry there if Obama was not going to be able to make it.

It was sad the only person representing the US was a lobbyist appointment.

But as when it was brought up before the hard core Obamaist will excuse this as no big deal.

Also the leaders of the House or Senate could have gotten off their ass and gone over.

Our ambassador was there, should our president attend every mass killing? get over it.

1)Who knows him? I mean ambassador.
2)He lives in Paris. OF COURSE HE WAS THERE!
3)They are our best allies. In politics it means that they are our friends.

And if he would have went the same people would criticize him for going to what would then be referred to as a photo-op while not attending funerals of fallen US Servicemen and women.

What leaders were there beside France, UK and Germany? How long was this rally planned/scheduled?

As a taxpayer I'm thankful he didn't spend a bunch of money just to make a "show" of it. Does the USA really need to convince other nations that it is against (and willing to fight) terror as a tool of political/social change?

Probably should have gone. But even writing this is probably showing more give-a-fuck than is warranted.

I'm glad the US didn't attend. It was France's issue in the first instance, and Europe's in the second. Making it part of the American "war on terror" would have detracted from the European nature of the event.

Nobody thinks the Americans don't oppose these guys and what they stand for. There was no pressing need to make that clear, like it was somehow in doubt.

As a taxpayer I'm thankful he didn't spend a bunch of money just to make a "show" of it. Does the USA really need to convince other nations that it is against (and willing to fight) terror as a tool of political/social change?

1)Don't you think, buddy, that it would be a drop in the bucket of President Obama spending?
2)It was not an ordinary trash talking meeting or a golf game. IMO

uh, isnt the whole point of being the US ambassador to represent the US?

We have the ambassador to do these sorts of things, if nation leaders show up, good for them, otherwise, I couldnt care if obama or merkel showed up.

Our ambassadors name is Jane Hartley, and she's not a guy.

I'm glad the US didn't attend. It was France's issue in the first instance, and Europe's in the second. Making it part of the American "war on terror" would have detracted from the European nature of the event.

Nobody thinks the Americans don't oppose these guys and what they stand for. There was no pressing need to make that clear, like it was somehow in doubt.

You know 9/11 was not French, German or British issue too but they joined the coalition in 2003 because they are our allies.

Disdain and goldfish memory are not the best friend's features.

The US has put in more blood, sweat, & money to "Stand up to Terrorism" than the entirety of Europe put together. It was not necessary for anyone from the US to be there. The US gives terrorists the middle finger on a daily basis.

Nobody recognizes the US ambassador. Obama should have either gone himself or at the very least sent Kerry or Biden.

This wasn't just any "mass killing", this was an attack on a fundamental foundation of Western democratic free society.

You know 9/11 was not French, German or British issue too but they joined the coalition in 2003 because they are our allies.

Disdain and goldfish memory are not the best friend's features.

The French and Germans joined the 2003 coalition? News to me. Tell me more about the French and German troops who lanced into Iraq.

Setting that aside, the idea that the US is 'snubbing' France's position here, or in any way does not support its stance in support of free speech, is silly.

Back