Media "The rise of female UFC fighters obscures profound exploitation, inequality" the Book

These new age of liberals are the fucking worst, and I say that as someone who generally votes democratic

We want to pay to watch females as talented as Amanda nunes.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/uswnt-settlement-unequal-working-conditions

In March 2019, 28 members of the 2015 women’s team sued the federation over gender discrimination. In the complaint, the players accused their governing body of shortchanging them in pay and working conditions when compared to the men’s national team — which has not played nearly as well, did not qualify for the 2018 World Cup, and has not attracted anywhere close to the record ratings and audiences as their women counterparts. Let me repeat that last part for you: has not attracted anywhere close to the record ratings and audiences as their women counterparts.

And this is what the Judge (Klausner) ruled when he examined their claims

"Klausner ruled that not only had U.S. Soccer not paid the women’s players less than their men’s counterparts, but also that he had been convinced that “the WNT has been paid moreon both a cumulative and an average per-game basis than the MNT” over the years covered in the case."

They make more than the MNT, any player who signed their name to that lawsuit is just straight up greedy, these are taxpayer dollars. If they feel so mistreated they should stop playing on the WNT.

Keep your incel shit for the war room. Explain to me exactly how feminism is a nonsensical philosophy?

Because proponents release articles like this and claim the WNBA players are exploited and should make the same amount of money as men

You know, nonsensical bullshit

WMMA is 2 division, you don't expect them to receive much.

also nobody cares about WMMA, if you make a card with only Women fights it will not sell.
First one would as a novelty and the following ones might as well if they did them once a year and promo'd their way up to it. But UFC can barely promote men's MMA, odds are they'd drop the ball completely with this.

Because proponents release articles like this and claim the WNBA players are exploited and should make the same amount of money as men

You know, nonsensical bullshit
So one bad example proves the entire ideology of feminism is nonsensical bullshit, yeah you sound real level headed.

Idiotic article and idiotic idea for a book.

"
But will Shevchenko get paid to win what Jorge Masvidal – a male athlete also fighting for a title – would be paid to lose?

I wouldn’t bet on it."

Well, of course not, because Masvidal is one of the biggest draws in the company, whose business model is based on PPV sales, and Shevchenko isn't as popular. "But muh gender gap". The only reasons for assuming that the difference is due to gender and not due to drawing power are stupidity or dishonesty. Not that the fighters in general aren't underpaid as a sports league/organization, which is a different topic. Lol man. Pathetic.
I'm amazed and at the same time a little alarmed to see how this "Gender pay gap" discussion is somehow such a big thing in society's discourse, and creeps into so many different avenues, like the one on display right here.

I don't even make the same amount of money as other men. Women don't even make the same money as other women. When did we start entertaining the thought of group identity being a better indicator of how much money one should make, over things like competence, productiveness, and negotiation skills?

From the article:
Lawrence Epstein, the UFC’s chief operating officer, recently told sports business publication Sportico that female athletes are a “huge growth engine” that brings in different audiences for the company. He noted that featuring women had grown the “female fan base” in ways that have “been transformative to the UFC.”
Yeah, I suspect lower tier female fighters are somewhat overpaid compared to men in that their divisions are shallower. But the women's divisions are probably a nice selling point for the UFC big picture, like when doing TV deals or sponsors or even just their marketing department getting to brag about how their tapping into this new audience other sports don't, blah blah blah.

i mean if ronda was still around she would be richest athelete in world easily.

The only reason anybody watches wmma is because they mix it in with the men’s matches. We are literally forced to. Nobody watches invicta just like nobody watches wnba or womens soccer. Women in the UFC are blessed to get a paycheck. Ronda and Nunes are the only female stars and im even doubtful Nunes can sell big numbers.

Funny how there are so many "wmma sucks" and there is always so many topics and people talking about WMMA. Go back to 4chan.

Back