The right amount to bulk

See this is what im talking about. Either i did a poor job wording this or theres a lot more stupid people than i thought. I said i wanted to know how much i should bulk to and be able to CUT to 165. So big bulk is form 160 to lets say 180 and then cut around 15lbs so i can walk around at 165. I didnt say i wanted to to bulk up to 165. And in regards to BB.com yes i have checked there but i haven't gotten a very accurate repsonse cause not many of thoe guys do MMA so they don't have to cut to a certain weight. Thanks for all the log suggestions i will check all those out.

Here's what you do.

Eat a lot of clean food, lift heavy, run lots. Once you're in shape, THEN decide what weight class to fight at. You can't decide what class to fight at when you're just starting out.

I'm already in shape i've been training for a good year or so. It's not a matter of getting into shape as much as it is adding as much lean muscle as possible.

I'm already in shape i've been training for a good year or so. It's not a matter of getting into shape as much as it is adding as much lean muscle as possible.

Okay, then here's what you do...

Eat a lot of clean food, lift heavy.

Yeah I'll keep doing that but my question remains how much can i put on before itll be impossible to cut down to 165?

Yeah I'll keep doing that but my question remains how much can i put on before itll be impossible to cut down to 165?

20 gajillion.

How the fuck should we know? Everybody is different. I was able to go from 190 to 170 with a bit of difficulty. Yet I knew guys that couldn't make 170 even if they walked around at 180.

k well i was just hopin for an estimate i mean damn if you don't know there's no need to be a prick.

There is also no need for me to go stick my head in a bag of hot garbage, yet here I am.

See this is what im talking about. Either i did a poor job wording this or theres a lot more stupid people than i thought.

You have to get used to that kind of stuff in here. The chastising is a system of checks and balances in this forum, used to keep bad ideas away from honest people and trolls away from useful information. Don't take it personally, and try to pick up what you can. And don't call people like Donut stupid, a lot of the regulars like him are people to look up to for good advice and as examples. Check their logs out and look for their routines and videos of their form. Also (and truly not to sound trite), use the FAQs and the search function, it keeps things uncluttered and keeps people from getting mad. The search sucks, but I saw someone post this Sherdog Forum Search from a specialized Google search. It works much better. If you have questions, do your research first (people love self-efficiency here) and ask an informed question. Myself, I don't ask many questions, as I'm afraid of gettin' my head ripped off virtually, but that itself is kind of the beauty of the S & P.

Yeah i've done some research on it i was just hoping if someone had done the same or had some experience with this i might be able to get some useful info. Only reason i calle them stupid was cause what they were sayin was ptting my words out of context and making me look very stupid. Ppl should read b4 flame.

How much you can gain to be able to cut down all depends on your body and how much time you have to cut, as well as how much water you'll be able to cut (day before or day of weigh-ins). It's smart to do a trial cut before you need to make weight, just to make sure you can hit it. Also, you say you want to bulk and cut to 165. Do you mean you want 165 to be your walkin' weight or fightin' weight?

How much you can gain to be able to cut down all depends on your body and how much time you have to cut, as well as how much water you'll be able to cut (day before or day of weigh-ins). It's smart to do a trial cut before you need to make weight, just to make sure you can hit it. Also, you say you want to bulk and cut to 165. Do you mean you want 165 to be your walkin' weight or fightin' weight?

walking. This is the kind of response i was hoping for. thank you.

Back