~The Resurrection of Robbie Lawler~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broad Blade

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The Ruthless One was heralded as the second coming of Mike Tyson of MMA when he bursted on to the scenes. Before there was GSP, Jon Jones and Chuck Liddell, Dana white touted Robbie Lawler as the next big thing and was enamoured with his power and potential. Unfortunately, his hype came to a complete halt when he garnered a couple of losses shortly right after, surprise-surprise, he was exiled from Uncle Dana , whom was his biggest supporter since the beginning.

But that didn't stop Robbie from raking in big checks from other organizations that were quick to jump at his signing. He was more then just must see tv, he was Prime Time as he garnered exciting and ruthless knockouts. But that wasn't always the case as he faced completely bigger and stronger mma elites from the middleweight class. But to the masses, his skill was perceived as mediocre, but nonetheless exciting to watch. He didn't evolve as an MMA fighter, however his footwork and pivot to setup technical and powerful strikes was precise. However his boxing and creativity, was overshadowed through the course of his losses...

Then everything changed, and the script was flipped! Strikeforce was bought out by the UFC, and Robbie Lawler, the prodigal son has returned home with open arms from Uncle Dana. Robbie realized that he needed to vastly improve, progress and evolve into becoming the best. And he did just exactly that. He went back down to his rightful weight class at W.W, changed his residence and his training camp with American Top Team in Florida. He's taking his career more seriously as he's motivated to becoming the best and realizing his full potential. In his first fight back with the UFC, he was taken down hard by the perennial top 10 contender in Josh Koscheck, but he got right back up and reversed him to throw a powerful knee strike to his shoulder, and then proceeded to throw vicious bombs until Herb Dean had seen enough. His next fight against Bobby Voelker showcased that Robbie had truly evolved and progressed by combining all the elements you would expect to see from a well rounded fighter.

But folks, we have barely scratched the surface of Robbie Lawler's resurgence and evolution as he stated recently from an episode of UFC 167 Countdown, "Nobody has seen my full potential yet." Now, that's just the tip of the ice burg, and I believe in his transformation, but if you think this is just all talk, then wait until you get a load of Robbie this weekend, because you haven't seen anything yet...

Kill Rory(Bill) :icon_chee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRzHxR3JCTw

Last edited:
I've never been a Robbie fan until he survived and KO'd Melvin.

I'll never miss a Robbie fight. Hoping he pulls off the upset.

I am so juiced up for this fight man, I can't wait until Robbie proves all the doubters wrong...

The Ruthless One was heralded as the second coming of Mike Tyson of MMA when he bursted on to the scenes. Before there was GSP, Jon Jones and Chuck Liddell, Dana white touted Robbie Lawler as the next big thing and was enamoured with his power and potential. Unfortunately, his hype came to a complete halt when he garnered a couple of losses shortly right after, surprise-surprise, he was exiled from Uncle Dana , whom was his biggest supporter since the beginning.

Kill Rory(Bill) :icon_chee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y5UicjEvdY

Robbie chose to leave the UFC for better money

Robbie outclasses Rory in every facet of the game... This aint the old Robbie Lawler brah. This is the new and dynamic evolution of the Ruthless one...

Who was the first coming of Mike Tyson of MMA?

This Guy, :wink:

Krillin2.jpg

I really, really hope that Robbie knocks Rory's head off.

Robbie is going to get destroyed. So he knocked out 2 guys with bad chins, big deal. Now he's fighting a legit guy, and he's going to get crushed, badly. Deal with it.

I am so juiced up for this fight man, I can't wait until Robbie proves all the doubters wrong...

A-fucking-men, bruv.

I don't care what anyone says, I've been a fan of Lawler for awhile and he seriously impressed me with how he dealt with Kos' wrestling. War Robbie!

I've never been a Robbie fan until he survived and KO'd Melvin.

I'll never miss a Robbie fight. Hoping he pulls off the upset.

That was one of the most incredible comebacks I've ever seen, for sure.

That feat alone puts you at an elite level, imo.

I'm not on TS' band wagon, but I will admit that there could still be some serious, unseen potential from robbie in the near future.

I hope rory is down to bang - not grind.

Robbie is going to get destroyed. So he knocked out 2 guys with bad chins, big deal. Now he's fighting a legit guy, and he's going to get crushed, badly. Deal with it.

*18 guys.

Robbie has knocked out 18 guys. Surely all of their chins were bad as well. Like that weak-chinned Manhoef fella.

*18 guys.

Robbie has knocked out 18 guys. Surely all of their chins were bad as well. Like that weak-chinned Manhoef fella.

Now that I looked at his record more he definitely has fought a lot of guys that nobody has heard of or with really bad chins.

Steve Berger? Tiki Gohsn? Scott Smith? lol. Yeah, some real tough competition.
A washed up Lindland?

His biggest win is chin-shot Koscheck who is 1 fight away from being cut.

Robbie is going to get crushed and finished, and brutally so.

Now that I looked at his record more he definitely has fought a lot of guys that nobody has heard of or with really bad chins.

Steve Berger? Tiki Gohsn? Scott Smith? lol. Yeah, some real tough competition.
A washed up Lindland?

His biggest win is chin-shot Koscheck who is 1 fight away from being cut.

Robbie is going to get crushed and finished, and brutally so.

haha I appreciate your troll-enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back