The rest of UFC 250

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that we know the headliner, what should the rest of the ppv look like? Nunes may also defend 1 of her belts here, but I think they hold her off until international fight week. Here's how I would build 250:

Cejudo vs Aldo
Moraes vs Yan
Anderson vs Lawler
Werdum vs Ivanov
Barboza vs Burgos

What does Sherdog think?

Yan vs Sterling #1 contender

Moraes can fight Sandhagen

Also no way Lawler fights Anderson Silva

Lawler will get a winnable fight of a striker coming off a loss like Perry or Luque

Anderson Silva will get a winnable fight against another aging veteran such as Brad Tavares, etc

Now that we know the headliner, what should the rest of the ppv look like? Nunes may also defend 1 of her belts here, but I think they hold her off until international fight week. Here's how I would build 250:

Cejudo vs Aldo
Moraes vs Yan
Anderson vs Lawler
Werdum vs Ivanov
Barboza vs Burgos

What does Sherdog think?
Moraes vs Yan

Lawler will get a winnable fight of a striker coming off a loss like Perry or Luque

Anderson Silva will get a winnable fight against another aging veteran such as Brad Tavares, etc

I like Yan vs Sterling

BS Aldo gets that shot.
Marlon vs Henry
Aldo vs Yan

Still both fireworks and in order.

Moraes vs Yan

I like Yan vs Sterling
Makes more sense rankings wise but rankings have no value or meaning so stylistically I'd rather see Yan/Moraes bang. Plus Sterling/Sandhagen would be a versatile high-volume striking battle & the grappling exchanges would probably be even better.

They probably both lose those fights, let them fight each other instead of being stepping stones. At least 1 of them will win, & losing to another legend isn't as tough to swallow as losing to some journeyman who will never sniff elite status.

Makes more sense rankings wise but rankings have no value or meaning so stylistically I'd rather see Yan/Moraes bang. Plus Sterling/Sandhagen would be a versatile high-volume striking battle & the grappling exchanges would probably be even better.
Yan/Moraes is also very exiting to me, I guess they will all fight together at one point.

Putting Yan on this card would be a big fuck you to him lol.

He should be the one fighting for the title not aldo tbh

Back