The remote controlled bullet has arrived!

God_Emperor_Of_Mankind

Let's Palaver!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The bullet, which is called the Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordinance Weapon or EXACTO (yes, the Pentagon is run by man children) is equipped with tiny fins that can re-direct its path.

Full story here, http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/1...-direction-changing-remote-controlled-bullet/

Pretty crazy, if this is taken further after some time. Imagine sitting in your home and assassinating someone just by shooting a bullet through the window and guiding it.

This is good news for all bad guys in movies who aren't the main antagonist. I don't believe any of them have ever hit a target. Storm Troopers for example. Those guys couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

On a more serious note, technology is crazy. I suppose this was coming though. Don't missiles (etc) already track and change course? This seems like a logical progression to that same idea.

who cares really? i wanna know about force fields, gigantic laser cannons or a machine gun that shoots tomahawks, thats cutting edge right there

this RC Bullet sounds pretty impractical

who cares really? i wanna know about force fields, gigantic laser cannons or a machine gun that shoots tomahawks, thats cutting edge right there

this RC Bullet sounds pretty impractical

Well it will be developed further. A lot further.
Imagine performing a drive by shooting a block away while sitting in your own driveway ;-)

Have you seen the video on the link, it shows the bullet changing course. It's a matter of time before they develop one that can travel really far, be controlled very accurately, etc.

What difference does it all make anyway? Climate change is out of control, we're only a few years away from wars over freshwater and greed + convenience drive the world.

Super bullets with capes are here now too. Kill a target from your shitter. World gets a bit worse every time it becomes more profitable and convenient to use violence, but it's not like any of it matters anymore.

Still no sharks with lasers attached to their frickin heads?

Alot of peoples remaining days just got numbered.

I can't imagine the aiming system not being automated.

i'd like to see exoeskeletons like in Advanced Warfare and Edge of Tomorrow, that way soldiers can carry giant AK-47's and jetpacks

I imagine this technology could be incredibly useful for extreme long range.

i'd like to see exoeskeletons like in Advanced Warfare and Edge of Tomorrow, that way soldiers can carry giant AK-47's and jetpacks

It could probably be done, along with a bunch of other crazy shit, if batteries become light enough and powerful enough.

How are you going to accurately control a fucking bullet? SLIGHT changes of elevation maybe. Fucking looping turns an shit? Ok

You mean like this? BTW, this video is over 7 years old.

Back