The Reem wants September fight in Japan, who should he fight?

Lol, forget about rankings for a second.

An Overeem-JDS, Overeem-Barnett matchup is a MARQUEE matchup.

The UFC doesn't usually waste marquee matchups on Fight Night cards.

A Donald Cerrone-Jim Miller matchup is a top 10 ranked matchup on a Fight Night card. But Cerrone-Miller is not a marquee matchup that could headline/co headline a Pay Per View.

Follow now?

And that is why JDS/Overeem, Barnett/Overeem on that Japan is just wishful thinking. Not gonna happen.

What about Bigfoot... also Barnett has lost some of his luster at this point.

Also I'm starting to sense some of that Sherdog arrogance...

What about Bigfoot... also Barnett has lost some of his luster at this point.

Also I'm starting to sense some of that Sherdog arrogance...

I'm starting to sense some of you are f'ing stupid.

Fight Night card = no marquee UFC matchups.

Not that hard to understand. Although some of you are having difficulty.

WHOM, not "who"

More importantly, which of the Asian chicks should he bang? I go with yellow or green.

Lol, forget about rankings for a second.

An Overeem-JDS, Overeem-Barnett matchup is a MARQUEE matchup.

The UFC doesn't usually waste marquee matchups on Fight Night cards.

A Donald Cerrone-Jim Miller matchup is a top 10 ranked matchup on a Fight Night card. But Cerrone-Miller is not a marquee matchup that could headline/co headline a Pay Per View.

Follow now?

And that is why JDS/Overeem, Barnett/Overeem on that Japan is just wishful thinking. Not gonna happen.

I would argue that Condit v Kampmann 2 could have been a co-main for a PPV.

But I get your point, you might be right.

Again...this is a fight night card.

Sure Japanese fans are hardcore. Sure if this was a PPV in Japan, that matchup sounds great.

The UFC are not wasting those matchups on an FS1 fight night card. Sorry.

Well then if the UFC still decides to put Reem in that card, he might as well fight someone like Rothwell or Vera

I think he fights a top 10 or if he doesn't fight on the card at all.

If he does fight a top 10, will YOU admit to being stupid, arrogant Shitdogger #3704?

I think they'll make JDS/Browne next which makes the most sense, so I think Reem/Barnett it is.

No. Reem is coming off a win and Barnett off loss. Won't happen.

Roy Nelson!

Last edited:
Jds is the logical answer.

On the same card have barnett vs big country

You know, since 2012, the only guy Barnett and Overeem have beaten in the UFC is... Frank Mir, while losing to everyone else in the UFC.

I get your point about not putting big draws regardless of ranking on Fight Nights, but I don't think Barnett and Overeem are nearly as big of a draw as you think they are. Maybe 2 years ago, but now?

No. Reem is coming off a win and Barnett off loss. Won't happen.

what am I reading, here? this site is getting stranger and stranger...

you would be right, about 18 months ago. ufc is no longer doing this anymore. sure, most of the time they do what you described, but its not done 100% of the time. matchmaking is more sophisticated (or less sophisticated, aha) than a fighter coming off a win vs fighter coming off a win.

EDIT: I guess u want example, and since overeem would most likely be comain, ill give u comains that have a winner vs loser.

sanchez vs pearson: 2 fight win streak vs 2 fight losing streak
carmont vs dollaway: guy coming off loss vs guy coming off win

Last edited:

Overeem-Barnett is marquee?

More so than Belfort vs. Henderson, Machida vs. Mousasi, Shogun vs. Henderson 2 or Shogun vs. Sonnen? All of which have been on Fight Night the past year or so.

I'm not just sensing if you are f'ing stupid, your stupidity is pretty obvious.

I would like to see him knock Bigfoot out in a rematch. I've never cared for Bigfoot and he's a way worse cheater than Overeem.

This guy is a complete moron

lol.. i wouldnt say moron.. he just believes something and wont let anyone change his mind.

the ufc has put on plenty of fights on free television. plus the japanese love him.. and his last performance was "boring" so he may get a demotion of a fight night.

Just copied and pasted from before:
theyve had title fights on fox cards... bj penn vs edgar, wanderlei vs sonnen (was supposed to be originally), machida vs mousasi, belfort vs henderson, hunt vs bigfoot, maia vs shields, rockhold vs belfort.

having overeem vs jds/barnett is NOT far-fetched at all...

Hunt vs Big Country
Overeem vs Barnett
Gomi vs Lauzon (Whoever.. but imagine this?? fire!)
Shogun vs Pokrajac/Gian Villante/Random Japanese dude

looks more like a fox card... but hey look at McGregor vs Miller card , at least what it was originally. pretty sure hunt/nelson and shogun were semi confirmed for this card. this better make it on television, not fightpass. NOW that would would be a shame

I hope it's barnett.

JDS, Nelson, Browne and Hunt all would wreck overeem.

He should fight all those Japindian women in the picture at the same time

Back