The Reem wants September fight in Japan, who should he fight?

I'd prefer JDS, but I will also be happy with Barnett.

You really think he'll fight a non-top 10? Too risky IMO, and doesn't make sense.

Which is why he probably won't be on the Japan card, unless he fights a non top 10 fighter.

Honestly the people calling for JDS-Overeem on this card are out of their minds.

Sure, maybe on a PPV, or maybe even a FOX card. But a fight night show on FS1?

lol.

If he wants to fight on the Japan card.....yes.

You think the UFC is booking a marquee matchup on a Fight Night?

Who did the last borderline top 5 on a FN card fight? Keep in mind HW top 20's are more like other divisions' top 30's lol.

If he wants to fight on the Japan card.....yes.

You think the UFC is booking a marquee matchup on a Fight Night?

I think they can make it, it's not like Reem and Barnett are close to title contention, they're fan faves, and Japanese fans are hardcore

It's not going to be JDS. AO doesn't want that fight, the UFC doesn't want AO derailed again when they can offer him an easy title shot soon, and they wouldn't waste JDS on a Japan card when they're frequenting Brasil lately.

Hopefully it is Barnett, that would be a great fight. There's always the off chance that it's a squash match that makes no sense like Mandragon, Rothwell, Grabowski or something of the like.

Who did the last borderline top 5 on a FN card fight? Keep in mind HW top 20's are more like other divisions' top 30's lol.

Lol, forget about rankings for a second.

An Overeem-JDS, Overeem-Barnett matchup is a MARQUEE matchup.

The UFC doesn't usually waste marquee matchups on Fight Night cards.

A Donald Cerrone-Jim Miller matchup is a top 10 ranked matchup on a Fight Night card. But Cerrone-Miller is not a marquee matchup that could headline/co headline a Pay Per View.

Follow now?

And that is why JDS/Overeem, Barnett/Overeem on that Japan is just wishful thinking. Not gonna happen.

JDS I hope

If not, Barnett would be good too

Erick Silva

Thought Brown was more lower top 10 before that but either way, WW top 25 is like HW top 10 depth-wise and Silva was unusually hyped for what he is.

I think they can make it, it's not like Reem and Barnett are close to title contention, they're fan faves, and Japanese fans are hardcore

Again...this is a fight night card.

Sure Japanese fans are hardcore. Sure if this was a PPV in Japan, that matchup sounds great.

The UFC are not wasting those matchups on an FS1 fight night card. Sorry.

Forget about JDS. Forget about Barnett.

This is a Fight Night card people. You think the UFC would book Overeem-JDS or Overeem-Barnett for a Fight Night card?

theyve had title fights on fox cards... bj penn vs edgar, wanderlei vs sonnen (was supposed to be originally), machida vs mousasi, belfort vs henderson, hunt vs bigfoot, maia vs shields, rockhold vs belfort.

having overeem vs jds/barnett is NOT far-fetched at all...

Hunt vs Big Country
Overeem vs Barnett
Gomi vs Lauzon (Whoever.. but imagine this?? fire!)
Shogun vs Pokrajac/Gian Villante/Random Japanese dude

looks more like a fox card... but hey look at McGregor vs Miller card , at least what it was originally.

Last edited:
Back