The Reebok problem should have never got to this point

Go fill out a UFC president application

That's why you're a nobody posting on sherdog.

I wonder if it went to tender, or did the UFC go straight to Reebok? I'm curious to know how this relationship come about.

They should have said your shorts will be reebok it will have a reebok logo this size at so and so location you must also wear a reebok logo here other than that have fun

88db082ed0dac7d69eae63ba1355c4247a7fbf4c53114fc7f1671d0a4e6ea64b.jpg

The whole deal makes no sense and was poorly thought out and executed.

The whole deal makes no sense and was poorly thought out and executed.

You don't know the details of the deal

You just know what has been presented to the public SO FAR

they could have done the deal and had fighters wear the shirt, but let them keep their sponsors on the shorts and banner. You don't go and cancel everybody's deals, that's asinine. It shows callousness for the well being of the fighters and their families. But I'm sure Dana got a nice cut that made him disregard anybody but himself.

I have no problem with any of it besides the very low pay outs to the fighters.

Gonna play devils advocate here but would the UFC executives get pissed off if one of their fighters walked out in Adidas gear; since Adidas owns the reebok brand if I recall.

6 female fights... And a titty pops out.

After all that shit Ronda talked about her being involved in the deign and so on... It's the one redeeming thing so far out of all.of this... Probably not for Liz Phillips though.

Gonna play devils advocate here but would the UFC executives get pissed off if one of their fighters walked out in Adidas gear; since Adidas owns the reebok brand if I recall.

I imagine they would, actually. Advertising isn't fungible.
UFCPresidentDanaWhite14.jpg

This is really the only problem here. I don't care what shirt a fighter walks out in, but knowing they are getting paid peanuts with the potential to end up in the hospital later that night doesn't' sit well with me.

The deal has made both Reebok and UFC look unfavorable in the public eyes.

In the long run I believe it will hurt both parties image due to the bad press.

BTW who even wears Reebok?

I would agree with one caveat.

The entire point of the deal is the payouts. It's replacing one source of sponsorship with another source of sponsorship. I can't see the deal except through the lens of the payouts. And that's why I, personally, can't like any of it.

Back