The reason why GSP is the best

eagle81

White Belt
Reaction score
GSP is the one champion in the UFC who is the most predictable. Everyone knows exactly what he's going to do, but nobody can stop him. Thats very impressive to me. Anderson, Jones, Aldo are all unpredictable. Its hard to train for that. He may be boring, but to dominate high level fighters that know exactly what hes going to do over and over again is incredible.

He elite at everything and has no holes in his game.

He is the most well rounded fighter in mma. Only one of two fighters in UFC history to avenge every career loss in pure dominating fashion.

People who call him "boring because he doesn't finish" are clueless.

I've never seen a boring GSP fight.

he is the best because he can't finish his fights!

GSP is the one champion in the UFC who is the most predictable. Everyone knows exactly what he's going to do, but nobody can stop him. Thats very impressive to me. Anderson, Jones, Aldo are all unpredictable. Its hard to train for that. He may be boring, but to dominate high level fighters that know exactly what hes going to do over and over again is incredible.

Anderson and Jones have both dominated and beaten more high level fighters. Those 2 are the best in the world.....followed by GSP

Yeah I remember all kinds of people predicting that he'd jab Kos into a sabbatical for over a year....

I get what you're saying but it's not as though his fights are that predictable. Knowing he'll probably take you down is like knowing Jones will probably punch. Knowing when and how often is totally different.

Oh and I don't accept that he is the best, btw. Great, but not the best (though I happen to think the p4p debate is ridiculous...)

People who call him "boring because he doesn't finish" are clueless.

I've never seen a boring GSP fight.

It will never end. These are the same people that would believe The Lord of the rings is real. They choose myth over reality, fiction over fact. Instead of being an mma, watching fights, understanding how mma works, appreciating skills and technique they choose to not watch, not be real fans and base their opinions off childish gibberish written on the Internet.

Anderson and Jones have both dominated and beaten more high level fighters. Those 2 are the best in the world.....followed by GSP

GSP has the most Top 5 wins and the most p4p wins.

According to ELO ranking (objective), he's faced the toughest competition of any fighter in MMA history.

He's scared to fight Anderson silva. GSP will never be known as the best

I agree ... GSP is the most well rounded fighter ever, so far in MMA... he's also fought tougher opponents at WW... than Jones or Silva have fought in their respective weight classes.

what a joke, he's the best because he does the same boring thing over, and over, and over... brilliant logic

Ask some of St.Pierres opponents how "predictable" he is. GSP is one of the best at keeping guys on their toes because they don't know if he's going to strike or take them down. Guys like Anderson and Aldo are more unpredictable with their strikes but everyone knows they want to keep the fight standing.

GSP is my fave fighter but he's the 2nd best because he has the 2nd most title defense.

GSP is amazing for a variety of reasons.

IMO that what separates him from other fighters is that he is a truly elite athlete in the purest since of the word, AND he is also an overachiever who gets as much out of himself as possible. That is a rare combination.

Back