The reason the UFC will never be accepted as a mainstream sport competition....

The fact that marketable champions gets extra favor over other fighters - that shows its truly not ''fair'' and ''equal'' treatment for all players/fighters.

Anderson Silva gets KO'd in a fairly non competitive fight - instant rematch

GSP gets KO'd in a fairly competitive match - instant rematch

BJ loses close decision in a super competitive match - instant rematch

Alexander loses close decision in a super competitive match - no rematch

One can argue that its fair because Champions should receive the benefit of the doubt and another chance, but if so stop complaining when we aren't looked at as a high level sanctioned sport!

That happens all of the time in boxing. Do you really thing if Canelo somehow KOed Mayweather there wouldn't be an immediate rematch?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but no, it rarely doesn't.

The ONLY instance in boxing I can remember this happening is Lewis vs Rahman

Sure it does and boxing has it all the time. The champion usually has a rematch clause if he losses whereas the competitor does not get one.

It happens in boxing all the time.

Does mma not becoming mainstream mean you will eventually stop watching? So why do u care about mainstream interest in mma?

Reading that back, it looks like I'm talking to myself. I assumed the answer you would give is no. Get off my case ok!!

The fact that marketable champions gets extra favor over other fighters - that shows its truly not ''fair'' and ''equal'' treatment for all players/fighters.

Anderson Silva gets KO'd in a fairly non competitive fight - instant rematch

GSP gets KO'd in a fairly competitive match - instant rematch

BJ loses close decision in a super competitive match - instant rematch

Alexander loses close decision in a super competitive match - no rematch

One can argue that its fair because Champions should receive the benefit of the doubt and another chance, but if so stop complaining when we aren't looked at as a high level sanctioned sport!

So because you are still butthurt over a hotly contested title fight and you boy has to wait 1 more fight before getting another shot at the title, this and this alone is the reason the UFC will never be considered "mainstream". Yeah ok buddy go kick rocks

What? GSP never got an instant rematch with Serra. Unless you're talking about Hendricks and you're from the future. Are you?

in other sports the best funded team can afford the best players and dominate the guys who have to sell to them (see Bayern Munich)

championship money being directly invested in building an even stronger roster, do it again next year

at the least the fights themselves are fair in MMA

Because its athletes are not top tier. Here is NFL hw cross over Brock Lesnar easily landing a 1 2 on randy couture, a hw great known for his vaunted head movement and military boxing background

At least they chose a sport that is actually fun to watch instead of just a good excuse to get drunk with your friends

Back