The reason Rousey/Carmouche and Dodson/JOhnson is headlining is....

How could you possibly "cheapen a belt" more than it already is? The belt Rousey currently holds was created two weeks ago for a division that has had zero fights and currently has how many fighters, two?

just like the "Aldo Belt"

I completely agree TS. But there's nothing you can do about it. I think some people just want to hate on WMMA. It makes them feel better at night. But whatever. It is what it is.

Hopefully WMMA will continue to grow in popularity. Hopefully girls/women from other disciplines in Martial Arts will want to make money and compete successfully and professionally. So MMA is an avenue for that. Just look at Rousey, a 1-Dimensional Judo fighter transitioning to MMA. It's the way to make money.

How could you possibly "cheapen a belt" more than it already is? The belt Rousey currently holds was created two weeks ago for a division that has had zero fights and currently has how many fighters, two?

My best horseshack impression:

(hand raised and wiggling)

Ohh, Ohh, Ohh I know the answer to this question mr. Kotter. Allow the UFC WW belt to go 19 months without being defended.

Your question is honestly and indisputably answered.

Nineteen months my friend is dirt "cheap"!:eek:

Or the "Cruz" belt?

Like how many people were saying they were too small, don't finish fights and nobody would watch them?
It's one scheduled card guys, it's not that big of a deal and there are still plent of great fights that are and can appear

Go Ronda go! Let the hate fuel you to new heights

because Championship fights matter more than any other fight. Plain and simple- It doesn't matter if Hendo, Machida, Rampage, or Texiera have paid more dues, putting a championship fight in the co-main because veterans are on the same card cheapens the belt. Quit with this retardacy on how Hendo/Machida and Jackson/Texeira should headline.

I like that you use the word "retardacy".

And no one in their right mind thinks Jackson/Texeira should headline.

because Championship fights matter more than any other fight. Plain and simple- It doesn't matter if Hendo, Machida, Rampage, or Texiera have paid more dues, putting a championship fight in the co-main because veterans are on the same card cheapens the belt. Quit with this retardacy on how Hendo/Machida and Jackson/Texeira should headline.

while this is all true, they COULD make an event with Machida & hendo and Add Rousey/Carmouche as main on another card.

As it was probably noted 1000000 times. Machida & hendo would probably be a long fight whereas Rousey/Carmouche is supposed to finish within the first round.

Plus Hendo & machida could very well headline the card without the "help" of a championship fight.

And you base this on what? Are you a fortune teller? You don't know how far it will go.

Women's boxing is a thriving business, yes?

I wasn't aware that you're personal likes and dislikes was a cross section of all MMA fans everywhere.

I actually enjoy wmma for the most part. I knew who Liz Carmouche was before two weeks ago. I am a Kelly Kobold and Sarah Kaufman fan. They have some talent and I enjoy watching some of their fights, but they shouldn't be headlining ppv's. What I like or dislike can't change the reality of things, and the reality is that wmma is a sideshow in a niche sport, whether you like it or not.

can you tell me the lottery numbers? You know, as you can see into the future and all.

I don't think you understood my post.

The thing is...you're still going to get to see both fights... Just one before the other. Main event is some what just a label. The most important fight deserves ME though. Championship bout > Contenders bout.

not really.
While Aldo did get it without fighting within UFC, the whole division was added to UFC.
As it stands, WMMA has only 2 girls signed up with UFC....At least as far as UFC announced.

I suggest that Teixeira/Rampage and Hendo/Machida be made a five round co-main events that way Ronda and Mighty Mouse still headline, but we both get five round fights

(in fact, why don't all co-main events become 25 minutes affairs)

I suggest that Teixeira/Rampage and Hendo/Machida be made a five round co-main events that way Ronda and Mighty Mouse still headline, but we both get five round fights

(in fact, why don't all co-main events become 25 minutes affairs)

time.
UFC is afraid that 2 5 rounders will be too long (if both go to decisions).

History is not being made here. Wmma is merely a sideshow in a niche sport; it should be headlining an FX card. The importance of and interest in wmma is being wildly overstated.

I bet you didn't like or maybe still don't like FLW fights, maybe you don't enjoy FW and BW too.

All for women in the UFC but not headlining PPV's on their debut fight. What if Rousey loses? Will they push Carmouche as hard as they did her?

Yes, it is kinda obvious but still bad move by the ufc.

Back