The real way RDA vs McGregor will end....

Conor fans just mad cause their fighter has bitch skin. I can't wait till RDA dethrones a hype train.

If RDA isn't finished early it's not going to go Conor's way. Over 5 rounds I give RDA the advantage in a competitive fight. Pettis can flip kicks off the cage, none of that came into play against RDA. I just don't see this being a flashy fight, RDA makes things messy and suffocates dynamic movement.
Finally someone who's sees what I'm seeing. Pettis's kicks finish top fighters both to the body and to the head. His guard is also slick as he's swept many top fighters and even tapped Bendo with an armbar from guard within seconds. You know? Bendo? Same guy Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone couldn't do shit to on the ground and Bendo escaped every one of their submission attempts? Yeah that guy. Pettis subbed him from guard.

And despite these facts, Pettis couldn't do a damn thing to RDA. Conor's kicks are for show and his guard is white belt level. When this fight turns into a grueling war of attrition, it's gonna look like a man versus a boy. Conor is in a Vitor Belfort like position where he has one way to win and he's gonna have to make it happen fast, or he's fucked. That never bodes well against a man as well rounded and deadly as RDA.

I'm picturing a fight that will look something like Randy Couture vs. Vitor Belfort 3 at UFC 49.

I don't know that McGregor has paper thin skin, but he does have a nagging cut over one eye that was initially opened by Chad, and subsequently reopened by a clash of heads in practice and Jose's attempted bomb. I suspect he has a smaller scale version of the problem that plagued Nick Diaz for a time, a brow ridge prone to skin cuts. He said he would get his cut properly taken care of but he may need more significant work than he's had time to do between fights. That would involved not only properly cleaning out any scar tissue and suturing each layer of skin, but actually filing down the bone underneath to make it less prone to cuts. So it's not impossible that there could be a cut stoppage in his future if he gets into a war. The problem with that theory though is that he's finishing guys in under two rounds and so far the damage he takes is minimal. I really think this is mostly wishful thinking on the part of the TS.

I agree with TS RDA will make Conor a bloody mess in GnP

And it will be beautiful seeing conor and his fans getting a shock of reality, just like Ronda, just like CW

If it stops it because of a cut, i will for sure come back to this thread to congratulate you.

That's been photoshopped

You have too much time on your hands

I highly suspect that the ref and or doctor will be motivated not to let Conor lose by doctor stoppage for anything short of his ear falling off, among other things they may be motivated to do or not do.

Aldo cut him with his one glancing shot.
It was the same cut as the Mendes fight re-opened. So that cut would have to get so bad that the fight is stopped. No chance the ref stops a fight this big for cuts.

Back