The real reason there is no kung fu in mma.

How the Feck has this Troll job got so much posts, are we 'sherdoggers' really that stupid :p I know I am adding to it but just to say no one engage with the TS, he is either a) Really Really Stupid or B) a very obvious Troll.

Plus he forgot about Kung Fu Master Roy Nelson, been in the UFC for years ;)

The problem I'd guess is that none of the active sporting/self defence MA's are "pure", BJJ for example has picked up elements of catch wrestling and I'd guess a lot of MT gyms will have picked up elements of other kickboxing styles.

The issue today is I'd say more what the greater emphasis is put on in terms of training.

I concur.

Interesting comparison. Then again, someone skilled with a musket can still shoot and kill a complete amateur equipped with a modern gun. And in the end, better having a musket than nothing at all. Wait, I am defending Kung Fu now? :p

What you said is correct but kinda irrelevant with what I stated .. but still was any Kung fu master ever won against any guy with little MMA experience ? I sure there are none :p

How the Feck has this Troll job got so much posts, are we 'sherdoggers' really that stupid :p I know I am adding to it but just to say no one engage with the TS, he is either a) Really Really Stupid or B) a very obvious Troll.

A lot of us simply have nothing better to do at the moment.

And this is a better way to pass the time than drive-by shootings.

True I have actually been think that a lot these past few weeks when I am posting on Sherdog, am like am I really that bored? And we do like to feed the Troll, we are nice like that on here ;)

True I have actually been think that a lot these past few weeks when I am posting on Sherdog, am like am I really that bored? And we do like to feed the Troll, we are nice like that on here ;)

We feed the trolls cos the trolls entertainment us.

For example, I'm thankful for this thread. It's keeping me thoroughly entertained while I'm stuck in the office.

We went from mongol invasion to boxers rebellion to the death touch and to spinning shits like panda and no shadow kicks.

Good times...

I have a throat infection and a double ear infection. Nothing better to do indeed

I come from a shotokan background, I know what you're saying and my questions aren't rethorical. I am actually curious about the advantages of having a kung fu background and which techniques are workable
I come from the same background so you won't get an expert answer from me. ;)
I did come over to a Sanda class once and liked the trips / takedowns they showed us and how they blend them with striking. :)

Like this:

We feed the trolls cos the trolls entertainment us.

For example, I'm thankful for this thread. It's keeping me thoroughly entertained while I'm stuck in the office.

We went from mongol invasion to boxers rebellion to the death touch and to spinning shits like panda and no shadow kicks.

Good times...
OFF TOPIC
If you enjoy the Mongols, this little history lesson is highly recommended! :D

401d4edbbe2a11eae00f5f76412df94d3429c08ed63bc6a46b08c5c7bb910d42.jpg

OFF TOPIC
If you enjoy the Mongols, this little history lesson is highly recommended! :D

The first minute makes me miss the moving Genghiz Khan, with Omar Shariff and Stephen Boyd -- a truly underrated film.

There aren't many true kung fu practitioners around in the West.

Let's be real. Mma is still a young sport and would benefit from new techniques instead of the old bjj muay Thai or wrestle boxer.

There are aspects from kung fu and other martial arts such as krav maga, or Mongolian wrestling, etc that could be effectively used in mma.

Be open minded. If nobody kept an open mind in the early days of mma Tito Ortiz or someone that fought like him would still be on top.

I mean actually try and poke a guy in the eye as part of your strategy of winning a fight. Half the time he pokes dudes in the eye it's because of outstretched hand as the opponent is coming in, that's how it usually happens anyway.

There's an answer too that, head movement. If you can't punch a guy in the head coming in, who has good head movement, you're not poking him in the eye.

The way eye" gouges" not pokes are taught in traditional martial arts is not from a distance looking to stick your finger into the eye as it is almost impossible. It Is by grabbing the person's face fully committing sticking your finger in the corner of their eye making a C shape with your finger and rotating it around the eye socket and pulling it out. Obviously it's not something you could train live but if you are mentally conditioned to commit fully to the technique in a life-or-death situation it would be highly effective. Basically a tiger claw grabbing the face and digging in.

Or if you were in a clench, hands on the side of the head and extend your thumbs in as far as you can.

If you don't think either one of those would be effective I suggest putting your finger in the corner of your eye and seeing how far you could push it in before you give up.

Personally I would modify the technique to where one hand grabs the person by the hair so they can't get their hend back and then go for it.

It's kind of like using a gun on someone in the sense that hopefully you will never have to do it, but if you do need to do it you have to be mentally prepared.

There is plenty of kung fu in mma. Punches, kicks, throws are part of kung fu.

I'm not engaging TS, I'm engaging the age old question of...

.... is Kung Fu effe... nah, who is uglier Willem Dafoe or Gary Busey?

This is old school trolling. What's next, Bruce lee vs fedor?

I'll keep an open mind. Wasn't too long ago that the majority of people thought that TMAs like Karate and TKD can't work in MMA and even techniques like wheel kicks or front kicks were useless.

Though from what I've seen on youtube Kung Fu seems like phony mystical garbage.

Back