The real reason there is no kung fu in mma.

Cung Le can say hello to you in 3 languages, English, Vietnamese and Chinese.

Too bad Cung Le never really showed his fancy " kung fu skill" in octagon, Imagine how deadly would he be if he just panda jumping kicking guys instead of using traditional kickboxing :(

There are kung fu techniques that are legal in MMA, but nobody uses them cos everyone would think they have too much of an unfair advantage over people who have not been priveliged enough to learn the said techniques and their secretive defenses. Nah just kidding, they are not used cos it's shit.

So besides Sanshou, got any examples of traditional
kung fu techniques used in any real or mma fight? Genuinly curious because a lot of people can start out in kung fu and never use any of the techniques in mma again. Which is what happens a lot.

Your premise is that Kung Fu doesn't work.

I showed you proof that Kung Fu does work. Therefore your premise is proven false.

If you want more than one evidence, take a look at post #24 on page 2. Another poster listed fighters with Kung Fu background.

Each one of them is proof that your premise if false.

Too bad Cung Le never really showed his fancy " kung fu skill" in octagon, Imagine how deadly would he be if he just panda jumping kicking guys instead of using traditional kickboxing :(

Those Chinese Wu Xia movies with Jackie Chan and Jet Li are not real. They are fantasy. They are movies. Panda jumping kicks are not real.

Don't let them fool you.

But Cung Le. He's real.

Kung Fu @UFC 2.

graciearmbar.jpg

Those Chinese Wu Xia movies with Jackie Chan and Jet Li are not real. They are fantasy. They are movies. Panda jumping kicks are not real.

Don't let them fool you.

But Cung Le. He's real.

giphy.gif

You telling me this is not real ??

Get the fuk outta here !

Your premise is that Kung Fu doesn't work.

I showed you proof that Kung Fu does work. Therefore your premise is proven false.

If you want more than one evidence, take a look at post #24 on page 2. Another poster listed fighters with Kung Fu background.

Each one of them is proof that your premise if false.
You sound like a poorly programmed robot. You didn't show me anything that look like kung fu techniques. Why is it so difficult to come up with anything except 'Roy Nelson did kung fu'

Lulz aside, Roy Nelson actually seems to be really serious about his kung fu training.

You sound like a poorly programmed robot. You didn't show me anything that looks like kung fu techniques. Why is it so difficult to come up with anything except 'Roy Nelson did kung fu'

I gave you Cung Le.

Your reply is Why is it so difficult to come up with anything except 'Roy Nelson did kung fu.

I pointed you to a list on post #24 with 6 or 7 names, none of which are Roy Nelson.

Your reply is Why is it so difficult to come up with anything except 'Roy Nelson did kung fu

And I'm the poorly programmed robot? Lol.... cute.

Kung Fu was basically restricted to small schools and communities around China and little monks hiding in temples. The elitist mentality and secret styles aspect of Kung Fu made sure that no single schools ever took over the entire country, and all you had were tiny tribal fragments scattered around China which never tested their techniques on a grand scale. So yeah they are stuck in small ponds.

And they all got slaughtered by the Mongols, and they all got slaughtered again by Japan and the US during the Boxer Rebellion.

Chinese Kung Fu is a joke and people need to get over all the Ip Man and Jet Li movies they have been watching. It's fun but it's all fiction.

LOL.

Ret-conned history > Kung Fu.

I'm pretty sure that in the Mongol invasion, they fought with swords, spears, bows, crossbows and all sorts of other weapons --- not hand-to-hand, hence not Kung Fu.

I'm also pretty sure that the Japanese and Americans during the Boxers Rebellion used repeated rifles and cannons and such weapons. Don't think that was a hand-to-hand warfare.

Based on the evidence that you tried to push the Mongol Conquest of China and the Boxer Rebellion, as Kung Fu versus Mongol wrestling, Japanese Judo and American boxing ----- I think you might want to pick up a book or 2 and - you know - educate yourself. With all due respect.
LOL the irony.

A guy who thinks that Kung Fu does not involve weapon training is telling someone else to "educate himself." :D Gold.

LOL the irony.

A guy who thinks that Kung Fu does not involve weapon training is telling someone else to "educate himself." :D Gold.

No dude.

The thread is about Kung Fu in MMA.

That's means hand-to-hand combat discussion. Not swords or guns.

First education is to know what the thread discussion is about.

The major difference between musket and and kung fu is we can experiment its effectiveness and see it with our own eyes while Kung fu can't.
Interesting comparison. Then again, someone skilled with a musket can still shoot and kill a complete amateur equipped with a modern gun. And in the end, better having a musket than nothing at all. Wait, I am defending Kung Fu now? :p

I gave you Cung Le.

Your reply is Why is it so difficult to come up with anything except 'Roy Nelson did kung fu.

I pointed you to a list on post #24 with 6 or 7 names, none of which are Roy Nelson.

Your reply is Why is it so difficult to come up with anything except 'Roy Nelson did kung fu

And I'm the poorly programmed robot? Lol.... cute.
So you have absolutely zero evidence that kung fu techniques are applicable in mma. Thanks, I tried giving you a shot but you're just not getting it

Back