The real reason the judging is horrible

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Pinky not Clyde, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Pinky not Clyde

Pinky not Clyde White Belt

It's not because the judges are blind or stupid. Let's take a look at the fights that notoriously end up in bad decisions. They're usually decided in favor of guys who have a track record of having good chins. I don't believe this is a coincidence. The reason judging is horrible is because people bet on the fights. For comparison, take a look at the NBA and the crooked referees that were caught; these guys were impacting games on a smaller scale and doing so because it increased the odds of making a payday. Why are people blind to the idea that this happens in MMA? There's a lot of money to be made on MMA betting. Say I had 10 million dollars and I walked up to two of these judges and told each I'd give him $500,000 to decide in favor of Diego Sanchez. Then I bet the remaining 9 million on Diego knowing he has a great chin and I have two judges in my pocket. The odds of me scoring big are astronomical.

2. Degen Gambler

Degen Gambler Silver Belt

Those are some serious allegations.

Couldn't it just be the fact that government employees are largely incompetent or just don't give a shit about doing a good job?

3. D.R.H.

D.R.H. If you haven't heard...I'm the best! Staff Member Senior Moderator

What if it's all 3?

4. Rambo121

Rambo121 Blue Belt

Judges need to be martial artists or former fighters imo,

every judge or ref needs to have a wrestling or Bjj background as a minimum.